SONY NW-ZX500
May 17, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #7,277 of 8,639
Hi! Please tell me, the chinese version of sony nw-zx505 has no volume Cap limit ?
Yes, it's what I bought...No volume limit...you get the Hi-Gain option and can use the default Chinese firmware (Very minimal, sounds very clean + no google services) or manually install international firmware which includes google services.

May 17, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #7,278 of 8,639
Yes, it's what I bought...No volume limit...you get the Hi-Gain option and can use the default Chinese firmware (Very minimal, sounds very clean + no google services) or manually install international firmware which includes google services.
Great, but with the installation of the international version of the firmware, the restrictions do not appear?
And what about the 505 model without Google services, does the battery hold a little better?

May 17, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #7,279 of 8,639
Great, but with the installation of the international version of the firmware, the restrictions do not appear?
And what about the 505 model without Google services, does the battery hold a little better?
You get 1 extra hr from the Chinese firmware. Installing international firmware just adds google services, no volume cap. Sony's 360 spatial sound also works with Google services installed.

May 17, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #7,280 of 8,639
It wasn't that long ago that I got my ZX507, but I can't remember, LOL: did a wrist strap come with the packaging? hahahaha, short term memory failing me here. I don't think so, but wanted to check with others. Searched this thread for "wrist" and no results.

May 17, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #7,281 of 8,639
It wasn't that long ago that I got my ZX507, but I can't remember, LOL: did a wrist strap come with the packaging? hahahaha, short term memory failing me here. I don't think so, but wanted to check with others. Searched this thread for "wrist" and no results.
I think it came with the Sony leather case.

May 17, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #7,284 of 8,639
No, because the regional localization is hard coded in the mainboard.

May 19, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #7,290 of 8,639
I received a replacement unit from Amazon yesterday, and this time everything is flawless. Zero bad pixels on screen. My first unit has now about 15 hours of playing time, so not too much, but I decided to make a quick comparison before I pack it up and send it back. Same version of the software (4.00) on both. I can say without a doubt that they do not sound identical. The two main differences are bass and stage. The bass in the first, only slightly burned-in unit is more detailed, deeper, with more control. It also seems that the stage is wider to the sides and individual instruments are better placed in it, they have more space. Generally, the impression is that the sound has larger scale, is more organized and detailed. These are not big differences, but they are certainly audible in the direct comparison. Right out of the box it already sounds great, burning-in just strengthens what is already good. So I confirm that Sony is not lying when officially writing about the need to burn-in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back