SONY NW-ZX500
Oct 20, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #391 of 8,639
Hands on video in Japanese.

Seems Amazon HD works flawlessly out of the box (some other players were having crashes but it was supposedly Amazon's fault). But didn't Sony say all streaming is being downsampled anyway?

80,000 yen = $1000 AUD. Pretty steep pricing for Aussies with R5 running for $570 AUD ($520 AUD after TRS) and ZX300 for $540AUD ($490 AUD after TRS). Could potentially get both players for the price of just the ZX500.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #394 of 8,639

Thanks thats a good review, zx500 looks like a very solid device with probably same sound quality's as 1z maybe....

But not a single word on android downsampling in hes review hmmm.

I guess if you dont care and sony maybe whant us to use the dsheex and thinks its a problem solved lol ok. But we still want pure bitperfect output. Dont see why it has to downsample GGRRRRRR
Dam android fiasco!

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #395 of 8,639
Thanks thats a good review, zx500 looks like a very solid device with probably same sound quality's as 1z maybe....

But not a single word on android downsampling in hes review hmmm.

I guess if you dont care and sony maybe whant us to use the dsheex and thinks its a problem solved lol ok. But we still want pure bitperfect output. Dont see why it has to downsample GGRRRRRR
Dam android fiasco!
Doubt on the sound quality being on par with the 1Z. Equal or getting close to the 1A could be a strong possibility however.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #396 of 8,639
It takes 6.5 hours to fully charge the ZX500, it's a bit more than my 15000 mAh powerbank :) What went wrong here? Sure we need to save the battery but still!

Or is there something I have completely missed here?
The slower it take to charge a battery, the better it is. Battery will last more years. For example TP battery is only 700 mHa and it takes 3 h 20 min to fully charge it with normal 5 V, 1.7 A charger.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #397 of 8,639
The slower it take to charge a battery, the better it is. Battery will last more years. For example TP battery is only 700 mHa and it takes 3 h 20 min to fully charge it with normal 5 V, 1.7 A charger.

Yes but is it necessary? It is after all an android dap, in 6-8 years it will be absolute. Who will use a 6 year old android dap. None.

Batteries in these devices should at least have 500 recharge cycles. 2 charges a week and the battery should last 5 years.

It doesn't make sense what Sony is doing with this dap and that's a shame. Software will no doubt be top notch and flawless.

Oct 20, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #398 of 8,639
Yes but is it necessary? It is after all an android dap, in 6-8 years it will be absolute. Who will use a 6 year old android dap. None.

Batteries in these devices should at least have 500 recharge cycles. 2 charges a week and the battery should last 5 years.

It doesn't make sense what Sony is doing with this dap and that's a shame. Software will no doubt be top notch and flawless.

I don't mind Sony playing safe with the battery charging. My Hiby R6 battery died with a year and a half of use. I'd like the Sony to last a few years before I need to take it apart to replace the battery.

Oct 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #399 of 8,639
That's true but there is slow and there is slow. For reference I use a "slow" 18W charger with my Asus ROG 2 phone and it fill the 6000 mAh battery in like 2 hours. The Sony has half of that if not less given how the WM1 has a sub-2000 mAh battery. 6 hours of charging is a bit ridiculous in the day and age where android smartphones charge similarly-sized batteries in an hour or less. I can understand -2 hours, 3 hours, hell, even 4, but 6 and a half...

Oct 20, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #400 of 8,639
That's true but there is slow and there is slow. For reference I use a "slow" 18W charger with my Asus ROG 2 phone and it fill the 6000 mAh battery in like 2 hours. The Sony has half of that if not less given how the WM1 has a sub-2000 mAh battery. 6 hours of charging is a bit ridiculous in the day and age where android smartphones charge similarly-sized batteries in an hour or less. I can understand -2 hours, 3 hours, hell, even 4, but 6 and a half...
What if they made a mistake when the published the specifications? Let's wait to see for someone to buy it first and Les us know, the real charging time.

Oct 20, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #403 of 8,639
Stick it on charge overnight and it stops being a problem.

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #404 of 8,639
Thats not English man! I dont understand
Well, why don't you find us one in English?
It's pretty good video and thanks for the upload.
I was happy to see this, looks awesome, but also disappointed matt screen is gone

Oct 20, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #405 of 8,639
Well, why don't you find us one in English?
It's pretty good video and thanks for the upload.
I was happy to see this, looks awesome, but also disappointed matt screen is gone

I am glad you enjoyed the video lol but I seen it enough around on web for visual maters....
I hoped to learn something new but no comprender hes speech here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back