SONY NW-ZX500
Jun 16, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #3,873 of 8,639
waiting for benks case to be shipped..
1592193353369.png

Wow, this case looks pretty! Almost worth getting the ZX-500 for this case alone!

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #3,874 of 8,639
Indeed. 1500mAh is to blame here. I love my zx507 though. I use it more than my 1Z because of small it is. It drives my HD800 very well.

Same here I am reaching for my 507 way more than my 1Z even tho I appreciate the gap in sonic difference. the 507 does so much of what the 1A/1Z can do and is infinitely more handy. I play almost exclusively hi-res and lossless and get around 10 hours play time - is that bad battery life? I don't think so even I'm spoilt by the 1A/1Z. 10 hours can last a whole day out in solitude, or a few work days when I only listen when commuting and having meals on my own.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #3,875 of 8,639
Wow, this case looks pretty! Almost worth getting the ZX-500 for this case alone!

If you want even nicer cases, besides Dignis from Korea you can also check out Musashino cases from Japan. Both much more costly than Benks of cos.

Jun 17, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #3,877 of 8,639
Jun 17, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #3,879 of 8,639
@purk, can you share the specs and source for the wires you used? Gauge, solid/stranded, pure silver with gold alloy? By any chance from Parts Connexion?
From your pictures, it looks like access is simple, and not too complex or tricky to get at the wires/PCB board? And what would you recommend for the wire for the battery?

I use Mundorf SGW105YE from www.soniccraft.com for wiring upgrade from the audio board to 4.4 mm jack. These same wire is also used to replace the original OFC wires to the super capacitor. I use left over wire from my Blue Dragon headphones to upgrade the battery wiring. Access to the player isn't that difficult. PM me if you need additional information.

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #3,880 of 8,639
Officially loving this DAP paired with my custom Jomo Samba. I was trying different pairings and realized the 507 and Samba are a perfect pairing. My Focal Utopia arrived last week and I’d rather listen to the 507+Samba+Satin Athena combo :sweat_smile:

e6UPFPh.jpg

Jun 18, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #3,881 of 8,639
I know its sacrilege to even consider it :scream: but has anyone tried Spotify and found solution to it closing the App mid play? I read some on the A105 having the issue and even does it on my phone for a while now.

Think it tends to happen when screen is off but I think I've disabled all possible battery saving options that could be doing it.

Jun 18, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #3,882 of 8,639
reinstall Spotify and clear cache

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-App-crashes-constantly/td-p/4778291

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out.

Let's do a clean reinstall first. Before that, you'd have to disconnect all devices from your account here.

Then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
2. Select "Apps".
3. Tap "Spotify" in the app list.
4. Tap on "Storage> Clear Data" for a clean reinstallation.
5. Tap Uninstall.
6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

There is something else you could do if that does not help. Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
3. Last step - restart the phone. Then everything should be fine 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 11:42 AM Post #3,883 of 8,639
reinstall Spotify and clear cache

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-App-crashes-constantly/td-p/4778291

Hey all,

Thanks for reaching out.

Let's do a clean reinstall first. Before that, you'd have to disconnect all devices from your account here.

Then follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings on your phone.
2. Select "Apps".
3. Tap "Spotify" in the app list.
4. Tap on "Storage> Clear Data" for a clean reinstallation.
5. Tap Uninstall.
6. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

There is something else you could do if that does not help. Go to:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
3. Last step - restart the phone. Then everything should be fine 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

No joy. Still stops. Think its a Spotify issue as plenty of people having issue on other devices too.

Jun 18, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #3,884 of 8,639
I'm trying to get an external USB power line between my FiiO Q5s and my sony walkman NW-ZX507. I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZVKTP53/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and some cables.
I can't figure out a configuration here that allows the Q5s DAC/AMP to go through the usb hub and play audio.

Can anyone give me some cable configurations that should work for this set up? Basically I want the FiiO and the walkman to charge and the audio to run from the walkman into the dac via usb.

EDIT: I got it to work, I had to disconnect the PD power USB C cable and plug it back in, maybe I flipped that cable, not sure, anyways it all works now!

Double Totally Awesome Update: Yep just gotta unplug the USB PD cable and the usb hub resets allowing it to work.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #3,885 of 8,639
I know its sacrilege to even consider it :scream: but has anyone tried Spotify and found solution to it closing the App mid play? I read some on the A105 having the issue and even does it on my phone for a while now.

Think it tends to happen when screen is off but I think I've disabled all possible battery saving options that could be doing it.

I'm on the latest firmware and Spotify version 8.5.62.904. No issue at all for me. Perhaps there's something settings in the player that causing this behavior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back