SONY NW-ZX500
Oct 9, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #347 of 8,639
do we have a release date ? any reviews ?

Oct 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #349 of 8,639
Oct 9, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #350 of 8,639
Does that mean usa and canada will have it to around same dates?

Oct 9, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #351 of 8,639
Oct 9, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #352 of 8,639
Oct 10, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #353 of 8,639
Guys I found some really good readings about zx-500!!

- Many sound quality enhancement points / BT receiver and USB DAC function not installed
-equipped with four new polymer capacitors “FT CAP2” adopted in “DMP-Z1”
-POS-CAP capacity was also increased from 47μF to 100μF
-New high-quality solder" is used to improve the sound quality by adding gold to the headphone output, battery, and soldered parts of EDLC. It is said that Meister tuned the addition amount by repeating the audition.
-Since the streaming music distribution service can be played directly on this unit, the Bluetooth receiver function that was installed in the ZX300 etc. is omitted this time. The USB DAC function, L / R channel balance, auto power off, and level meter are also omitted.
-

check it out

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...android-based-|-nw-a100-nw-zx500-6107926.html

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #354 of 8,639

- Many sound quality enhancement points / BT receiver and USB DAC function not installed
-New high-quality solder" is used to improve the sound quality by adding gold to the headphone output, battery, and soldered parts of EDLC. It is said that Meister tuned the addition amount by repeating the audition.
-Since the streaming music distribution service can be played directly on this unit, the Bluetooth receiver function that was installed in the ZX300 etc. is omitted this time. The USB DAC function, L / R channel balance, auto power off, and level meter are also omitted.
-

check it out

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/return-sony-walkman-android-based-|-nw-a100-nw-zx500-6107926.html

Thanks, but I don’t get why the DAC function is overlooked here. And BT streaming from your phone can be very handy on the go. You don’t want to be connecting to your phone hotspot all the time to stream music.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #355 of 8,639
Thanks, but I don’t get why the DAC function is overlooked here. And BT streaming from your phone can be very handy on the go. You don’t want to be connecting to your phone hotspot all the time to stream music.
+1
Also the level meter was so cool... its a pity

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #356 of 8,639

-

check it out

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/headphones-earphones-portable-media-devices-314/return-sony-walkman-android-based-|-nw-a100-nw-zx500-6107926.html

I hope this isn't true. No bluetooth receiver and no usb dac output, are bad omissions at this price point.

The Sony OS is better than android. A better solution would have been to keep the Sony OS and program their own tidal/roon/qobuz/amazon in house solution, akin to Astell.

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #357 of 8,639
-

check it out

-

check it out

-

check it out

Thanks for sharing, bro.. With these exclusions, at least I don't have to feel so bad after purchasing my ZX300 only 9 months back.. Apparently there are somethings that new ZX500 doesn't feature after all the enhancements..

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #358 of 8,639
Thanks for sharing, bro.. With these exclusions, at least I don't have to feel so bad after purchasing my ZX300 only 9 months back.. Apparently there are somethings that new ZX500 doesn't feature after all the enhancements..

I don’t get Sony. Why not just include (DAC and BT receiver) it all for the heck of it? I will not buy the ZX500 unless these two features are available. Maybe after a firmware upgrade, but what’s the point? You are loosing customer left and right by omitting those two features. How about he digital out? Will it work with the digital out dock?

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #359 of 8,639
I feel sony could implement it with ease. Like they did with 1a and 1z via firmware update!
Guess sony like to play firmware game !

Other than that it has no more bluetooth dac eather usb which is a huge shame.

Guys let keep our hopes I dont know if all this is super official leaks lets say...

But neither the less I am still very interested in zx500 and with its sound quality improvement along!

Lets hope for streamers that this zx500 can at least support tidal and spotify offline stream !

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #360 of 8,639
I asked Davy who does UAPP android app about this and the NW-A100.

"UAPP's own MQA decoder would indeed work, but not any MQA rendering. First of all it won't magically work by itself and secondly, chances are high that the MQA decoder and renderer are inside the Sony player app"

I always loved the ZX300 but most of my listening is now streaming. It looks like the ZX507 & A105 both support MQA for downloads & steams (Tidal) so pre-ordered both from Amazon UK. Will return as needed. If volume issues for EU version may import from Amazon Japan once listed.

My SE846 wont need a lot of power but I do have 4.4mm cable too so need to compare the two. Can't adide backgroud hiss so a critical test for me.

Hoping the A105 suits me for half the cost of the ZX507 (i.e. not need balanced).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back