SONY NW-ZX500
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #331 of 8,639
Hello. Anyone knows by chance if EU models will still have the infamous volume cap limiter?? I'm inclined to think they won't, because on Sony EU sites for the first time they specify the maximum power output in mW and it appears to be not capped. Would like to buy easily on amazon and not fetch the risk of import the product again.

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #332 of 8,639
Isn't EU volume cap usually a software issue and not hardware related?

So it can be fixed eventually with Rockbox or whatever clever ways people in the community find.

I can't imagine Sony manufacturing two products just to comply to EU regulations when this can be modified is the firmware itself.

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #333 of 8,639
Hello. Anyone knows by chance if EU models will still have the infamous volume cap limiter?? I'm inclined to think they won't, because on Sony EU sites for the first time they specify the maximum power output in mW and it appears to be not capped. Would like to buy easily on amazon and not fetch the risk of import the product again.

I just looked at the Sony UK website and they are showing the ZX300 as 50mw in SE and balanced 200mW+200mW (High Gain). It doesn't even have the high gain setting in the EU firmware! They are just quoting the standard specification so I have little doubt the ZX500 will be the same :frowning2:

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #334 of 8,639
This vs dx160 hmmm and what about m11 pro ? That just got out.

Dang so many daps and all released at same time lol
Most of DAP released are from company's dedicated to take your money in exchange of you feedback to improve their incomplete products ,,,,,Ibasso , Shanling ,,,,etc,,,,,,,,So , you pay to them to improve their own product & banging your head at the wall in hope . They keep your money , you use incomplete garbage ...SONY make quality ,,,,the rest ,,try to make money via dusting their customers eyes .& all that in to business named Portable HIFI........Nowadays the level of hypocrisy hit the sky and beyond in the name of the whole profit

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #335 of 8,639
Most of DAP released are from company's dedicated to take your money in exchange of you feedback to improve their incomplete products ,,,,,Ibasso , Shanling ,,,,etc,,,,,,,,So , you pay to them to improve their own product & banging your head at the wall in hope . They keep your money , you use incomplete garbage ...SONY make quality ,,,,the rest ,,try to make money via dusting their customers eyes .& all that in to business named Portable HIFI........Nowadays the level of hypocrisy hit the sky and beyond in the name of the whole profit

He hell so far for me wm1z is the best dap ever used.
Hardware and software is really reliable and sturdy.
I once owned dx200 and absolutely not satisfied. Sound is not even near 1z and its harsh.

I wonder how zx500 going to suite me.
Also consider that I use wm1z in bluetooth dac mode to stream spotify 99% of the time lol.

So yea zx500 is aimed at me )

Oct 8, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #337 of 8,639
Oct 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #338 of 8,639
You should eat that donut and be quiet )

Let others have their fun

Ha ha, I can't it's a dog toy :wink: I just can't stand blanket dumb statements- so I have to voice my opinion sometimes. If it's fun saying stupid stuff, the last posts must be swimming in gaiety.

It was directed mostly at the person saying basically all other stuff was crap and a rip- off, absolutely silly post, and you know the wm1z has it's own special warm sound, and the zx500 is not going to sound like it, right?

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #339 of 8,639
He hell so far for me wm1z is the best dap ever used.
Hardware and software is really reliable and sturdy.
I once owned dx200 and absolutely not satisfied. Sound is not even near 1z and its harsh.

I wonder how zx500 going to suite me.
Also consider that I use wm1z in bluetooth dac mode to stream spotify 99% of the time lol.

So yea zx500 is aimed at me )

My SE W995 , W8 , W850 , W960/ since 2009, W995 yet working with NO problems / sounds better than all Ibasso , Shanling trash line

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #340 of 8,639
Lol, oh dear lord. You've personally tried ALL their 'trash' daps I suppose?

Troll much? Really I think my eyes have just gone crossed from all the sillyness.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #341 of 8,639
is the zx500 better than the zx300 in every category? if not, which? was in the market for a used zx300 until I saw the zx500, now I have to think.

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #342 of 8,639
is the zx500 better than the zx300 in every category? if not, which? was in the market for a used zx300 until I saw the zx500, now I have to think.

Of course zx500!
Me to waiting for it to be released in usa & Canada

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #343 of 8,639
Nobody force you to stream, you can install Neutron and use it as offline player now with streaming as bonus. The thing I hate about Android it's one big Google spyware. I wish Sony would use just custom open source linux or dualboot like ibasso

Nuetron? what is that?

Yes, I hate Google, I don't use gmail or any crap from Google.

I prefer the sony os from the zx300.

overall this looks great but the streaming and android is a big downside to me.

Oct 9, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #345 of 8,639
Giving up on LPGT? :) I think this is a big downgrade.
Not at all, but again, have i i ever been a 1 dap man
I can't resist a Sony, now with a usb C finally.
I use zx300 with Oriolus ba300S Jp and its on any totl dap level. The new ones will replace the 300 with an easier charging plus 500 should sound quite a bit better than 300 which is weak sq wise on its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back