SONY NW-ZX500
May 20, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #3,196 of 8,642
There is a lot of BS in the audio industry as a whole. Actually most industries wouldn't survive without BS. haha.

This is so true! Technical departments are forced to feed their marketing departments with headline grabbing data/stats (usually by some non-tech person/department).

I love working in the analytical equipment sector as an engineer. So much BS spouted to try rival the next competitor. If you can't beat them, join them.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #3,198 of 8,642
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1263104962885607426

Translated to english:

As a personal opinion, I can assure you that the NW-WM1A is better if you do not tamper with the settings. However, on the NW-ZX507, the DSEE HX has been enhanced with the AI function installed, and if you get used to it, you may not be satisfied with other DSEE HX. For me, whose main source is a CD sound source, I think the difference is huge.

May 20, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #3,201 of 8,642
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1263104962885607426

Translated to english:

As a personal opinion, I can assure you that the NW-WM1A is better if you do not tamper with the settings. However, on the NW-ZX507, the DSEE HX has been enhanced with the AI function installed, and if you get used to it, you may not be satisfied with other DSEE HX. For me, whose main source is a CD sound source, I think the difference is huge.
Have NW-WM1A and the ZX507 and absolutely agree. I sometimes use the vinyl setting with the WM1A but never bother with other settings. With the ZX507 didn't take long (uh, received it this afternoon...) for me to discover the DSEE is a big improvement.

May 20, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #3,202 of 8,642
Sorry to bring up a old post again. I'm still experiencing Spotify randomly stopping music playback on ZX500. It will stop mid song every 10 or 15 mins and I'll have to press play again. This is with wifi off and battery saver off. I've gone into settings and turned battery optimisation off specifically for Spotify and i've also done a clean install of Spotify. Reluctant to wipe the whole system as I have set it up the way I want but I guess I can do this also. Any other ideas?

I'm having the same problem. My understanding is that because when you let the display go off or device locked, the wifi connection get disconnected unless you turn the device back from sleeping. It's very annoying so I have to download playlist offline.

May 20, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #3,203 of 8,642
Have NW-WM1A and the ZX507 and absolutely agree. I sometimes use the vinyl setting with the WM1A but never bother with other settings. With the ZX507 didn't take long (uh, received it this afternoon...) for me to discover the DSEE is a big improvement.

One genre of music that DSEE effect really shines out is live recordings of concerts. It allows you to pick out the positioning of violinist, guitarist, backup singers more accurately. It recreates the imaging and atmosphere of the concert hall really well.

Though I felt that this effect more prominent with use of balanced 4.4mm jack on the ier-m9.

May 20, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #3,204 of 8,642
I'm having the same problem. My understanding is that because when you let the display go off or device locked, the wifi connection get disconnected unless you turn the device back from sleeping. It's very annoying so I have to download playlist offline.

This problem is definitely related to android power saving and data saving optimization. I believe this will resolve the problem.

Turn off battery saver mode

Give spotify app the following permissions:
Background data: On
Unrestricted data: On
Battery Optimization: Don't Optimize
Background Restriction: App can use battery in background

May 21, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #3,206 of 8,642
One thing I can't wrap my head around... How can there be no search function in the walkman app? Is it really that difficult to implement. This is supposed to be a modern day device... Whats the reasoning. If I'm looking for a particular song or artist it's tiring having to scroll through my huge library. The scroll wheel isn't the most accurate thing either as sometimes if you lift your finger the wrong way it will land in the next section.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #3,208 of 8,642
Can't you just go to the specific artists library?
You still have to scroll. If you quick scroll it categorises by alphabet which is great but if I have 50 artists starting with a particular letter it's still a cumbersome process and as I mentioned if you let go of your finger in the wrong way which often happens if you're on the move you can likely end up in the wrong section. You still need a search function imo. It's not so you can type out whole artists and songs, it's so that you begin typing and it narrows the field helping you to find what you're looking for a lot quicker.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 5:48 AM Post #3,209 of 8,642
One thing I can't wrap my head around... How can there be no search function in the walkman app? Is it really that difficult to implement. This is supposed to be a modern day device... Whats the reasoning. If I'm looking for a particular song or artist it's tiring having to scroll through my huge library. The scroll wheel isn't the most accurate thing either as sometimes if you lift your finger the wrong way it will land in the next section.
Yeah, the old ZX1 has search function in the Android Walkman player app. And I kinda like the old album view (you search like flipping through vinyl jackets) too. These 2 are missing.

May 21, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #3,210 of 8,642
You still have to scroll. If you quick scroll it categorises by alphabet which is great but if I have 50 artists starting with a particular letter it's still a cumbersome process and as I mentioned if you let go of your finger in the wrong way which often happens if you're on the move you can likely end up in the wrong section. You still need a search function imo. It's not so you can type out whole artists and songs, it's so that you begin typing and it narrows the field helping you to find what you're looking for a lot quicker.
I didn't realize until now you mentioned it how handy that would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back