SONY NW-ZX500
Sep 8, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #196 of 8,639
Considering it's android, I'm just waiting for someone to port the Sony player and also the cassette screen saver thing

Also wondering if it supports rooting and bootloader unlocking. Could install viper4android

Question : I read about a lot of this android downsampling the music, is this in reference for all android music apps or just the built in Sony player? Of the latter, why not just use some other tried and true music player that is able to bypass the downsampling?

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #197 of 8,639
Considering it's android, I'm just waiting for someone to port the Sony player and also the cassette screen saver thing

Also wondering if it supports rooting and bootloader unlocking. Could install viper4android

Question : I read about a lot of this android downsampling the music, is this in reference for all android music apps or just the built in Sony player? Of the latter, why not just use some other tried and true music player that is able to bypass the downsampling?
I just found my friend. :)
I can't live without root and viper4android.You can join xda developers and ask the community or find info how to root and install viper4android and find a way to root daps. The newest version of v4a is just the best in the world.
Never use twrp to root daps. There is no version yet for daps. Best are Kingroot, magisk and exposed. There is always a way to root :wink: and unlock bootloaders

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #199 of 8,639
I got no one....you know? Why are all the kids are using HiRes files and balanced output? Is that a kind of Voodoo?
For the 4th time, Hi-res files and balanced headphone output aren't voodoo. Are you even an audiophile or have any sort of remote interest in high fidelity audio? Because practically everything you say shows that you're no different from a regular consumer who doesn't need anything more than listening to music on a phone and a regular set of cans. Not only are your needs for a DAP something almost every android phone can provide, but you also like to believe that legitimate factors that actually matter are just random crap people just like to make up. I'm legitimately starting to believe you're just trying to be a troll

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #204 of 8,639
In Germany shows exact 829 Euro = 922,89 usd + Paypal exchange fees.
Let's see how it costs in America or in England. I believe 829-850 usd or 829 - 850 gbp something like that.
More than that will be extrem. For me is overpriced and Sony never drops the price

Sep 8, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #205 of 8,639
In Germany shows exact 829 Euro = 922,89 usd + Paypal exchange fees.
Let's see how it costs in America or in England. I believe 829-850 usd or 829 - 850 gbp something like that.
More than that will be extrem. For me is overpriced and Sony never drops the price

Actually it is worth it to keep an eye on amazon as the 300 has had some pretty decent drops in the past. Not frequent but they do happen. According to the three camel tracker system the lowest it went in november (assuming black friday of course) it went down as low as £380.00.

Sep 8, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #206 of 8,639
How will this compare to a HiBy R6 Pro?

I imagine the Sony has less noise floor, but the HiBy has a much more powerful amp?

Sep 8, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #207 of 8,639
Yeah the R6 pro delivers almost 4 times the power (750mW) of the ZX500 (200mW), Sony players and that includes 1Z are not very powerful but they are so very musical so for efficient IEMs this shouldn’t be an issue...

Sep 8, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #208 of 8,639
I just found my friend. :)
I can't live without root and viper4android.You can join xda developers and ask the community or find info how to root and install viper4android and find a way to root daps. The newest version of v4a is just the best in the world.
Never use twrp to root daps. There is no version yet for daps. Best are Kingroot, magisk and exposed. There is always a way to root :wink: and unlock bootloaders

My man! Yeah will see how it'll go. But since even mainstream phones don't likely to get support for unlocked bootloader, almost unlikely Sony will allow it. But since this isn't Sony mobile making the dap, we'll see

Sep 8, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #209 of 8,639
My man! Yeah will see how it'll go. But since even mainstream phones don't likely to get support for unlocked bootloader, almost unlikely Sony will allow it. But since this isn't Sony mobile making the dap, we'll see
Xda can help you with all kind of daps that have Android to it. Just join Xda developers and ask them. I'm 100% they will help you to unlock bootloaders or how to root all devices. Or improve the sound or the battery life etc.

For example:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/ge...io-m11-pro-android-music-player-t3953905/amp/

Or see what improvements are on the fiio x5 3d gen :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...fiio-x5iii-custom-kernel-rk3188-t3929895/amp/

Or to take an idea how to root :

http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41935

And of course I will agree Viper and some sound mods that use root are at a completely different league from stock music players. If you need something in the future feel free and let me know.

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #210 of 8,639
Spoke to a local distributor, ZX507B (black only) arrives in Australia in January for $1199 AUD.

Considering 10% GST and the current exchange rate we actually get a better deal than most countries.

I'd love if a root is possible just for viper4android, gets around SRC and allows convolution (very accurate) equalisation. The physical hardware (BUTTONS) and Android 9 with Play Store make it the most interesting DAP for me still, if they can fix the small things. Though I'd probably be just as happy with an M11 Pro with viper if they fix the minor hiss issues with the M11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back