SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 10, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #9,962 of 14,773
  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/RO4W58J66MGTT/ref=cm_cr_pr_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00T7S7DTM

i think what @Whitigir means is where can we get jetaudio from ?

looks interesting , will purchase the free trial version (thanx , συμπεθερε 
tongue.gif
 )

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #9,964 of 14,773
Have been awhile since im on my TRRS balanced connection, here are my thoughts similar to that of the Electrical and Design Engineer for the ZX2.

Rochlin: Is the NE-ZX2 fully balanced from DACs to the headphone output?

Yoshioka: The four-pole headphone jack has separate signal ground, yet is not a true balanced circuitry. The separate grounds provide higher stereo separation

Source: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0315/Interview_Yoshioka_Sony_NW_ZX2.htm

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #9,965 of 14,773

Well, the only reason I began considering amping the ZX2 is the repeated claims of the IE800 needing "moar power" in order to sound its best. I know the ZX2 must be using some sort of digital trickery to generate the sound signature that I like, which is why I'm only interested in amping the LOD.

I don't know what sort of results I'll get. Which in part, is why I opted to go with the Oppo HA-2. I'm equally interested in what it can do for my phone, tablet, PC and other headphones. Perhaps I'll come across a new favorite sonic combination. Granted, that's not likely. But you never know until you try.

I can not comment on the oppo ha2 amp as I don't have one, it looks like a nice unit, I don't think it will be able to keep up with the ZX2 classy class D amp, I don't think it uses high end components to complement it's circuit.
But I can not judge something I do not own, or have not tested, and would be interested in knowing if you think it plays in the same league as the ZX2.

​I OWNED a HA-2 to use with the Lowly NWZ-A17 ​And it gave this walkman nice SQ via LOD... but whne i got my NW-ZX100 ​actually made it sound bad, I ended preferring the ZX100 SQ direct from the HP-out and ended selling the HA-2

To be more precise, the HA-2 removed precious resolution to the sound of the ZX100 it made it sound congested and dull

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #9,966 of 14,773
Just bought Jet Audio Plus and AM3D Audio Enhancement.Much more engaging sound,clarity,fantastic treble quality,deep bass.The 20/band eq alone is worth it.Very pleased,now to find some settings to turn it into Cowon P1.

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #9,967 of 14,773
Just bought Jet Audio Plus and AM3D Audio Enhancement.Much more engaging sound,clarity,fantastic treble quality,deep bass.The 20/band eq alone is worth it.Very pleased,now to find some settings to turn it into Cowon P1.

Is that so ? Hmm interesting to try out , did you pay for both app ? How do you compare to Onkyo ? If you like EQ, Onkyo has more than 20 bands ...lol. It does show 11 main bands, but you can adjust more than that, literally everything can be adjusted...as long as your little finger tip can fit lol

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #9,968 of 14,773

στειλε το λινκ ρε μπαγλαμα 
tongue.gif

link, please 
biggrin.gif

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #9,969 of 14,773
Is that so ? Hmm interesting to try out , did you pay for both app ?

Yes,around 5 euro for plus and 3 something for AM3D Audio enhancement.The virtual soundstage sounds more natural than sonys app and does not alter agressively the sound tone like sonys studio preset e.t.c.I really like the sound much better than onkyo.It's more dynamically alive due to treble.I think this is eq paradise.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #9,972 of 14,773
The new Sure KSE1500's sound great with the Sony digital USB cable. Ordered the line-out to compare. The KSE amp unit appears to be charging from the sony. 

Totally unrelated topic of DSD. I have over 100 SACD ISO's but I converted them all to 88.2/24 flac using Korg Audiogate on mac for portable use with ZX2 and AK120. The files are way smaller and still sound great. I have about 40 albums in DSF on my iPhone for OTG playback with Onkyo through Mojo, etc, but I'm considering wiping them, because when are you going to hear such a small nuance on the road? 

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #9,974 of 14,773
  The new Sure KSE1500's sound great with the Sony digital USB cable. Ordered the line-out to compare. The KSE amp unit appears to be charging from the sony. 

Totally unrelated topic of DSD. I have over 100 SACD ISO's but I converted them all to 88.2/24 flac using Korg Audiogate on mac for portable use with ZX2 and AK120. The files are way smaller and still sound great. I have about 40 albums in DSF on my iPhone for OTG playback with Onkyo through Mojo, etc, but I'm considering wiping them, because when are you going to hear such a small nuance on the road? 

I do this with SACD ISOS i download, convert them to flac 88.2/24, or to avoid the hassle i purchase from qobuz as flac HD

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #9,975 of 14,773
Oh wow ..... jet audio Plus and it AM3D...I serously do not know how the hell does an app make such differences on devices...perhap algorithms ? Whatsoever ? I just want to say Oh...My...****..God!

First impressions even when you hear trial for 10 seconds and turn on AM3D...it only allows 10 seconds, and having trebles and bass at 50/50 each. I can hear less sub-bass, good bass body, but trebles....there are trebles details I never heard before ? What the ....and I thought I did pretty good with Onkyo HF player and Gonemad players. I first thought my ears and brain was doing trickery on me to spend more money ? But no...it does not

I ended up buying both for around $7 or so, yeah, no doubt the bass is good and doesn't distort as much as stock player or Onkyo Hf player or even Gonemad player (24/96 files deep complex bass), and the trebles extend out with much more clarity and resolution while no hash trebles at all...and I am using th900 at this moment right now.

Perhap I need much more time with it, but this level of trebles and clarity is on another level....Zx2 never seized to amaze me and showing differences on different apps. Somebody even called me out as being a fool to believe that play back apps make the differences...am I a fool ?

All I can say is that it is damn good, what is it for the price of a coffee and a donut, you get a permanent playback app....try it. This is like bringing the Zx2 onto another level. There is a pre-amp adjustment, and even if I preamp it up to maximum...no distortion when EQ is flat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back