SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 1, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #8,731 of 14,773

well, from what oknyo mentions, that with paid version, if you bought the onkyo unlocker, it should allow hi res for digital output..

so i think you should get back to onkyo forums or customer service and check how it works ? because if it won't that is a problem, people will pay for something useless, as already the free version does everything but hires output :D

I tried the paid version of oknyo and couldnt get HiRes digital out to my Mojo so I refunded it. If anyone can get it do tell me how and I shall go back to try it again.

On a side note, I still travel to work with just my ZX2 and Lyra for portable reason (and pocket friendly). Always nice to have a add on but on itself, ZX2 is still a pretty great device that adding anything more is a marginal gain that can be given up if needed :D

Yeah,  it's strictly an Android thing.  I purchased Onkyo player for my iPhone also, and even uploaded some Hi Res files directly to the Onkyo Hi Res directory, and it transferred those Hi Res files to the Hugo with no problems, except that I have to have duplicate files on the iPhone and it takes a lot of space.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #8,732 of 14,773
Yeah,  it's strictly an Android thing.  I purchased Onkyo player for my iPhone also, and even uploaded some Hi Res files directly to the Onkyo Hi Res directory, and it transferred those Hi Res files to the Hugo with no problems, except that I have to have duplicate files on the iPhone and it takes a lot of space.

Actually I think you are correct....the Zx2 is kitkat droid....4.2 ? The only droid that support highres would be 5.0 and higher. I forgot about it for a moment there :D

So, unless Sony feel pity toward us....lol, we may have the 5.0 upgrade

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #8,734 of 14,773
finally i am rewarded for sticking to good old 16/44 all these years 
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #8,735 of 14,773
Are people saying the onkyo player on the ZX2 isnt playing the hi res file?

No, it is more like the zx2 with Onkyo software doesn't support high resolution music out to digital transport.

Say if you want zx2 to connect to the Hugo, the Onkyo app doesn't transport 24/96 to the Hugo, but rather 16/44.1 or so :D

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #8,736 of 14,773
And thus transport will only work till 192/24 using native app. Anything above and DSD cant be digtal out but those formats are not as common so no issue haha.

For now just enjoy the ZX2

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #8,737 of 14,773
And a picture of my crazy stack. But it will probably be just the zx2 while moving around and stack only when I'm home.

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #8,738 of 14,773
No, it is more like the zx2 with Onkyo software doesn't support high resolution music out to digital transport.

Say if you want zx2 to connect to the Hugo, the Onkyo app doesn't transport 24/96 to the Hugo, but rather 16/44.1 or so
biggrin.gif

but even just on the zx2, if I'm playing a hi res file through onkyo app, is it playing the full size or just downsampling  compared to the stock sony zx2 player?

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #8,739 of 14,773
but even just on the zx2, if I'm playing a hi res file through onkyo app, is it playing the full size or just downsampling  compared to the stock sony zx2 player?

Man, I wish I could answer this for you. All I can tell is that the track property shows it being high-res....but does the Onkyo do so ? I can only assume that it does from
1/ the name is onky Hifi player ? Means it play high res directly ?
2/ the tracks property shows it being high res ?

I have no clues....I can only tell you what I am hearing :D

People who love even more flat sound sig may want to check out gonemad as well. Thanks proedos !

Either ways, both is very good. I think I like gonemad better now due to it being more flat :D.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #8,740 of 14,773
I think it's still down sample the files to 16/44.1., I know the hibymusic player does.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #8,741 of 14,773
I think it's still down sample the files to 16/44.1., I know the hibymusic player does.

Well, if so...it sucks for me...I can hear sound quality differences from different apps....and gears...stuff....but I can't hear from CD quality vs high-res......probably means that my hearing suck, or highres is a marketing tool.

Anyways, I prefer gonemad then Onkyo player over the stock player. Unless the warmth and the thicker sound signature was e effects of high res...which I doubt it, because it presented in the stock player with cd quality FLAC files as well.

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #8,742 of 14,773
People who love even more flat sound sig may want to check out gonemad as well. Thanks proedos !

Either ways, both is very good. I think I like gonemad better now due to it being more flat
biggrin.gif

glad you like it but like i told you , it was you who started this amazing sonic discovery/avalanche so kudos to you for bringing up the onkyo player 
beerchug.gif

people please download the free version of gonemad and check it out youreselves - imo tis a very nice player , i think i am gonna keep both onkyo and gonemad

and yes it sounds more flat (in a good way) plus it has the folder search option , plus TONS of customisation settings and options 

great player , bye bye sony stock player 
darthsmile.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #8,743 of 14,773
glad you like it but like i told you , it was you who started this amazing sonic discovery/avalanche so kudos to you for bringing up the onkyo player :beerchug:

people please download the free version of gonemad and check it out youreselves - imo tis a very nice player , i think i am gonna keep both onkyo and gonemad

and yes it sounds more flat (in a good way) plus it has the folder search option , plus TONS of customisation settings and options 

great player , bye bye sony stock player :darthsmile:  

The irony to have said "Bye" to Sony player on a Sony top of the line product :D

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #8,744 of 14,773
The irony to have said "Bye" to Sony player on a Sony top of the line product
biggrin.gif

at last  i feel like yes ZX2 is the mother****ing BOMB 
gs1000.gif

and now we wait for the TRRS to turn zx2 into a neutron (get the joke?) bomb 
biggrin.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #8,745 of 14,773
at last  i feel like yes ZX2 is the mother****ing BOMB :gs1000smile:

and now we wait for the TRRS to turn zx2 into a neutron (get the joke?) bomb :D

Absolutely, you will see how much better the TRRS makes everything sound. Make sure you secure your jaw before having it on for the first time....:D don't drop it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back