SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 31, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #814 of 14,773
Jan 31, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #815 of 14,773
  Sony US has finally released a price for the ZX2.  It's $1199 and they are now accepting preorders for an expected delivery date of March 2nd...

http://store.sony.com/WFS/SNYUS/en_US/-/USD/-zid27-NWZX2BLK/cat-27-catid-All-MP3-Players?XID=O:remark_Other_criteo

Interesting.

Just as a point of reference, assuming one chooses the cheapest shipping method (EMS), the total pre-order cost from Price Japan is roughly $65-ish dollars cheaper. That difference pays for the majority of a new 128GB micro SD card. Plus they're claiming to ship between Feb 14-16. Oh, and I'm sure Sony USA will add on sales tax to their price...

But of course, there is the warranty issue to take into consideration.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #821 of 14,773
I will be comparing the ZX2 and Questyle QP1 in about a month or so, and will ultimately pick whichever sounds best to my ears.

I'll post my impressions here when the time comes 
smily_headphones1.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jan 31, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #822 of 14,773
Just thought I'd do a side-by side comparison of ordering from Sony US vs Price Japan.

In short? The cheapest method through Price Japan ends up being $154.99 cheaper than ordering from Sony US.

That price difference might be less or more, depending on what your local sales tax rate is.

Jan 31, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #824 of 14,773

Interesting.

Just as a point of reference, assuming one chooses the cheapest shipping method (EMS), the total pre-order cost from Price Japan is roughly $65-ish dollars cheaper. That difference pays for the majority of a new 128GB micro SD card. Plus they're claiming to ship between Feb 14-16. Oh, and I'm sure Sony USA will add on sales tax to their price...

But of course, there is the warranty issue to take into consideration.

If it's anything like what it was when I tried to preorder a Vita, Sony store japan online also doesn't accept foreign credit cards nor ship outside of Japan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back