SONY NW-ZX2
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #14,281 of 14,755
I you have Google the apk.

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #14,284 of 14,755
Sony could probably had fix it with a software upgrade. Maybe they have to pay android for further improvements and never thought about those who need it in the long run.
Since they have now ditched android platform for 2 years now it is very likely an upgrade won’t happen.
And you are right it’s android is just too weak of a system for many newer apps.
And now with the WM they are having these ‘super upgrades’ for their own system.
Sound is just phantastic.
But if you are a streamer you might want to look elsewhere. It streams - in my case mainly Qobuz - but only if I pre download it in advance, and even then it stops for no reason. For streaming you need a quick processor and an actual android or iOs. Not what our beloved Sony NW-ZX2 has to deliver.

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #14,285 of 14,755
We need a software update really or just create a pure audio mode for snappy audio performance.

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #14,286 of 14,755
We need a software update really or just create a pure audio mode for snappy audio performance.
I think the ZX2 is at end of life status.

Everything has gone into DAP with Sony's own OS.

It's works without a problem for playback on it's own player, with files stored in the player, that's enough for me.

Oct 25, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #14,287 of 14,755
I think the ZX2 is at end of life status.

Everything has gone into DAP with Sony's own OS.

It's works without a problem for playback on it's own player, with files stored in the player, that's enough for me.

FWIW: I agree that the end appears to be near for the ZX2, but I still love mine and I'll try to keep it alive as long as I can. It has become slow in reacting, but I can live with that as long as it can play/stream Tidal:) So I am carefull in updating any apps. To this end, I have deleted almost everything, so it really only should play music stored either my own or via Tidal....:L3000:

Oct 27, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #14,290 of 14,755
The second I turn wifi on my ZX2 is stalling a bit. Without the wifi on, the player is just fine. However, I want to take the advantage of Tidal streaming on the ZX2.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #14,291 of 14,755
The second I turn wifi on my ZX2 is stalling a bit. Without the wifi on, the player is just fine. However, I want to take the advantage of Tidal streaming on the ZX2.

If you haven't done so already, uninstall and delete the cache of all the apps you don't use. While I have a bit of lag on mine sometimes, it is relatively infrequent and perfectly manageable. I found using about half of the internal storage (which is 1.97GB) seems to keep things running smoothly. I'm not sure if this coincidence, but it works for me.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #14,292 of 14,755
If you haven't done so already, uninstall and delete the cache of all the apps you don't use. While I have a bit of lag on mine sometimes, it is relatively infrequent and perfectly manageable. I found using about half of the internal storage (which is 1.97GB) seems to keep things running smoothly. I'm not sure if this coincidence, but it works for me.
Thanks, I will try that. I have cleared catche before but I may have less internal storage than what you have. Back when I was using the Zx2 everyday, it was a little more responsive but since I have rarely used them now because of the 1Z...every bootup seem like a grind.

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #14,293 of 14,755

I can fully relate to this. I am using Qobuz and not Tidal, but changing from one Playlist to another or even starting it can easily 30 seconds to one minute for one action.

I have deleted all apps I could delete. There is not much left on the ZX2. I even deleted the paid version of the Onkyo HF player just to make sure.

Thanks, I will try that. I have cleared catche before but I may have less internal storage than what you have. Back when I was using the Zx2 everyday, it was a little more responsive but since I have rarely used them now because of the 1Z...every bootup seem like a grind.

The bootup was in my experience always slow. I can not see much of a difference. I only wish I could give the ZX2 a faster CPU.

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #14,294 of 14,755
Hi,

New member here. Been using ZX2 for more than a year currently and I'm happy with it. I would to ask a question, do you have any recommended app for music player that can display only HR files just like Sony OS in other walkman where u can just tap on HR, it will display list of HR songs only.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #14,295 of 14,755
Hi,

New member here. Been using ZX2 for more than a year currently and I'm happy with it. I would to ask a question, do you have any recommended app for music player that can display only HR files just like Sony OS in other walkman where u can just tap on HR, it will display list of HR songs only.
Hi you use hiby player, plays hi res, but out only low res.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back