SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 27, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #12,708 of 14,773
  What, the flagship DAP will cost $3500? Seriously though, let's wait till we actually have confirmed prices before jumping to conclusions.

Imagine if that is true? What a kick in the sack from Sony. I know they have always had upper tier goods, but these would not be great choices to make in that rarified range. Hopefully the rumors are wrong.

Aug 27, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #12,709 of 14,773
  Imagine if that is true? What a kick in the sack from Sony. I know they have always had upper tier goods, but these would not be great choices to make in that rarified range. Hopefully the rumors are wrong.

And what if unicorns were real? Or we really could grow money on trees? Etc, etc. Point being, let's wait till we know before deciding. I'm willing to give Sony the benefit of the doubt, as an actual customer of the previous DAPs.

Aug 28, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #12,715 of 14,773
I'm seriously considering it. Not 100% definite. It's between that and the Zeus R. I know... Get both. True head fi manner. Lol. Which I may end up doing actually. It's been too long since my last audio binge

Actually, since I got my K10, there's been very little incentive for me to try out something else. It's all about preferences once you go far enough, find something that fits your specific tastes, and you should be set. I wasn't even tempted by the KSE1500 a friend loaned me recently, though it's also a very fine transducer.

Try both, then decide, I'd say. I ended up with the K10, you may prefer the Katana, or something else entirely.

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #12,716 of 14,773
fullposter.jpg

Seriously ? Ok, I give up....I can build a desktop top tier for Virtual Reality gaming for $3000....Jeez. After all, the forever ludicrous pricing of audiophile is still proving true

I feel like bombing AK Headquater now....:mad:

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #12,717 of 14,773
Seriously ? Ok, I give up....I can build a desktop top tier for Virtual Reality gaming for $3000....Jeez. After all, the forever ludicrous pricing of audiophile is still proving true

I feel like bombing AK Headquater now....:mad:

No, not seriously. Isn't it still a rumor till now? Wait and see la, only a few days more...

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #12,718 of 14,773
No, not seriously. Isn't it still a rumor till now? Wait and see la, only a few days more...

Rumors in this hobby are usally true.We already have a couple of $3000 iems,no reason why sony who is a strong force looking at sales of walkman line wouldn't ramp up prices at ak level if they can get away with it.Whitigir and the rest of us will huff and puff and those who prefer sony house sound will eventually buy it after a period of 6 months to a year in the used sales here or amazon/ebay,that's what the crystal ball told me.I'm waiting for this device to hit youtube and the casuals to start foaming at the mouth looking at the price,comments never fail to deliver amusement going by recent youtube (non audiophile)related videos.

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #12,719 of 14,773
Rumors in this hobby are usally true.We already have a couple of $3000 iems,no reason why sony who is a strong force looking at sales of walkman line wouldn't ramp up prices at ak level if they can get away with it.Whitigir and the rest of us will huff and puff and those who prefer sony house sound will eventually buy it after a period of 6 months to a year in the used sales here or amazon/ebay,that's what the crystal ball told me.I'm waiting for this device to hit youtube and the casuals to start foaming at the mouth looking at the price,comments never fail to deliver amusement going by recent youtube (non audiophile)related videos.

Exactly, and why do I tend to believe rumor ?
1/ Zx1 was $700 and Zx2 was $1200, that is 90% increase ....so the new Walkman with 90% on top of Zx2 would be what ? $2200 almost ?

2/ As caruyn stated we already has $3k IEMS and headphones, when compares to Walkman , those are only a few Armatures with a cross over in a shells VS complex components

Aug 28, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #12,720 of 14,773

Well I'm going to hold out until it's actually officially announced before I commence with the wringing of hands and lamentations 
tongue.gif
 (undoubtedly followed soon after by the traditional melting of one's credit card). It's September 2, less than a week away now! Let's think positive thoughts until the very last moment 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back