SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 29, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #6,736 of 14,755

Lol...I feel that Sony charged too cheap for ZX2 while looking at AK380 ? Holy sheets....anyways, I can never thank Sony enough for this. I can just 3.5 to any sound systems and the ZX2 just fire away....and that include my 1600w large sound system.

Anyways, I am moving on toward making my everything to be compatible to ZX2 TRRS output. Experimental KsC-75 passed mawahahaha. Next will be TRRS toward Stereo for my 1600W home system mawahahaha.

Remember the good old days just before the ZX2 was released, it was totally opposite, every one says it's over priced, I for one think it's reasonable for a hi res product.

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #6,737 of 14,755
Hey guys are there any more cases made for the ZX2? I know there is the OEM Sony case, Dignis, Rayout flip case and some cheap no name silicone case on ebay... None of them I really like.. Are there anymore out there? Thanks

Jul 29, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #6,738 of 14,755
Hey guys are there any more cases made for the ZX2? I know there is the OEM Sony case, Dignis, Rayout flip case and some cheap no name silicone case on ebay... None of them I really like.. Are there anymore out there? Thanks

Yes, you can find them in www.taobao.cn. The site is in Chinese.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #6,740 of 14,755
Who cares what everyone else thinks, as long @you enjoy the ZX2, that's all that matters, everyone had their own opinion, I know my ears live the ZX2, maybe some people need to seriously get their ears checked, and I don't mean this in a derogatory way,maybe an appointment with a good audiologist should be in order, and that should be for most of us in here, not everyone's hearing is the same, some have better hearing than others, especially the younger ones should have better hearing.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #6,741 of 14,755
I'm going to pick a zx2 up in Tokyo in a few weeks. Would yodobashi or Fuji avic have better price? Last year I got my all k812 from Fuji avic for much cheaper.

Also which case would you recommend? Oem Sony, dignis or ray out?

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #6,743 of 14,755
I'm going to pick a zx2 up in Tokyo in a few weeks. Would yodobashi or Fuji avic have better price? Last year I got my all k812 from Fuji avic for much cheaper.

Also which case would you recommend? Oem Sony, dignis or ray out?

I can't comment on Fuji Avic, but you can consider Bic camera in Shinjuku, just before I left japan in june, the price was reduced from 119880yen to 114880yen, this is the tax free price, but not too sure if that is only temporary.

If you go to bic camera facebook site, you can download a coupon for a extra 6% for unlimited use on top of the tax free price, or you can get one of those tourist 1,2 or 3 days metro tickets for metro use, from softmap or bic camera for a extra 7% for unlimited use just by showing it before the purchase (do check if this offer is still available).

If you intend to get the Sony pure sound micro sdxc, the same shop has them the cheapest at 13500yen, but they didn't have stock during my purchase, I got it from yodobashi at akihabara which was a few hundred yen more.

The digital out cube stand at yodobashi in akihabara is the cheapest I've seen if you intend to buy it.

Do note that all the Bic Camera shops have different prices, so if you have time, do check around.

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #6,744 of 14,755
Picking up one of these for overnighters. Any headphone/iem recommendations? I am not opposed to an amp if need be. 

My Noble Kaiser Universals are powered perfectly from these. My SE 5-way needs to run loud for enough power. My portable Audio Technica sound the best for on-ears.

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #6,745 of 14,755
  Picking up one of these for overnighters. Any headphone/iem recommendations? I am not opposed to an amp if need be. 

Runs with my AKG K3003 in perfect harmony.

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #6,746 of 14,755
I received my zx2 yesterday and transfered my music files onto it. Without burning in, it is far superior to my Fiio X5. I am using Sony MDR 7520's with volume at about 35% and it sounds amazing.
Unfortunately you will always get negative comments from negative people who have nothing better to do that troll the forums and spread their negativity as far and wide as they can. Sad!

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #6,747 of 14,755
My Noble Kaiser Universals are powered perfectly from these. My SE 5-way needs to run loud for enough power. My portable Audio Technica sound the best for on-ears.

Runs with my AKG K3003 in perfect harmony.

Thanks for the replies. I am eagerly waiting to try this out. 

I won't lie the last portable source that I bought was in highschool and it was a Sony mini disc player. It was honestly quite an amazing piece of hardware. 

Jul 30, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #6,748 of 14,755
I received my zx2 yesterday and transfered my music files onto it. Without burning in, it is far superior to my Fiio X5. I am using Sony MDR 7520's with volume at about 35% and it sounds amazing.
Unfortunately you will always get negative comments from negative people who have nothing better to do that troll the forums and spread their negativity as far and wide as they can. Sad!

And they are everywhere :D

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #6,750 of 14,755

When my local shop got their Zx2.  I was planning to upgrade from my ak120 and getting the newer Audio Technica ESW9LTD.  I found the two sound really great together. Bought the AT on the spot since was limited and knew that I was going to Japan a few months later for the zx2.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back