SONY NW-ZX2
May 24, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #5,446 of 14,760

Has anyone purchased the cradle, can anyone confirm if the supplied power adapter is 100V or 100V-240V.
I guess it's 100V since this cradle is a Japan only accessories.

Another question regarding music format, I will be downloading a bunch of music files from Mora when I visit Japan, and many of the files are AAC LC 320kbps, since I have no files of this format, how does this compare to MP3 320kbps files.

Thanks

The cradle is sold with a 100-240v AC adaptor. You can even remove the wall plug cable to use the one of ur country

Thanks for the reply.

great to hear that it's a international power supply.

May 24, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #5,447 of 14,760
The cradle is sold with a 100-240v AC adaptor. You can even remove the wall plug cable to use the one of ur country

I use one in UK, you'll need a 2-pin (figure-8) mains-lead to connect to adaptor, about £3.00 on Amazon.

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Data-UK-Power-Cord/dp/B000Q8HF04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432475565&sr=8-1&keywords=Fig-8+2+Pin+connector+mains+lead

Any news when Sony will be updating Andriod so I can use 'Bluetooth' to connect to Hugo... and, will Sony be sharing the LDAC technology with other manufacturers?... cheers for any help.

May 24, 2015 at 11:16 AM Post #5,449 of 14,760

I use one in UK, you'll need a 2-pin (figure-8) mains-lead to connect to adaptor, about £3.00 on Amazon.

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Data-UK-Power-Cord/dp/B000Q8HF04/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432475565&sr=8-1&keywords=Fig-8+2+Pin+connector+mains+lead

Any news when Sony will be updating Andriod so I can use 'Bluetooth' to connect to Hugo... and, will Sony be sharing the LDAC technology with other manufacturers?... cheers for any help.

We have plenty of those cable at work, it's good to know it's a standard one.

Sony is willing to share, it isn't a problem as long as they get paid a royalty fee.
wink_face.gif

May 24, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #5,451 of 14,760
Holy Smoke Batman!

I am genuinely agog at how this sounds compared to an amped FiiO X5 (using Vorzuge Duo, which itself is no slouch) - Yes, different price point etc. - but, goes to prove there IS merit in upgrading to this level (and probably beyond)...

The FiiO sounds flat, lifeless, two dimensional - basically, dead in comparison...

Definitely wish I'd have picked one of these up when first released - a pretty darned perfect marriage with the 1Plus2 :)

May 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #5,452 of 14,760
Holy Smoke Batman!

I am genuinely agog at how this sounds compared to an amped FiiO X5 (using Vorzuge Duo, which itself is no slouch) - Yes, different price point etc. - but, goes to prove there IS merit in upgrading to this level (and probably beyond)...

The FiiO sounds flat, lifeless, two dimensional - basically, dead in comparison...

Definitely wish I'd have picked one of these up when first released - a pretty darned perfect marriage with the 1Plus2 :)

Sounds like you've stumbled across some special synergy. :wink:

May 24, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #5,454 of 14,760
*** Robin we're meant to be incognito... :angry_face:
Haha, blame the Penguin!

So, question to all - and I'm sure it is probably mentioned on EVERY page (so, if it is, Sorry!) - how do you keep the buttons active, short of turning the screen on? - they deactivate after a few minutes :frowning2:

FWIW, my player was born in April, and is running firmware 1.00.03

May 24, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #5,456 of 14,760
  Guys, I just found out that only embedded cover art will be displayed, not external files such as folder.jpg or cover.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif

Who do we talk to to improve this in the next firmware revision? Will Sony hear us? or this is hopeless?

I would like to share how to fix this, until Sony manages external covers in the music folder.
I will make it short, feel free to ask any further details. Here goes

1. Ensure you have a "cover.jpg" in the same folder (each album is in a folder on my system) -> Cover Art Downloader makes it easy: http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/
2. Use MP3TAG (amazing tool, free but this guy really deserve a donation 
cool.gif
I am not him and create a script that will take care of it, if not sure there is already a cover embedded, remove it first, otherwise you may have 2 and ZX2 will be lost I am pretty sure. Someone has already done the job: http://www.geektonic.com/2008/02/automatically-embed-album-art-to-large.html

One last detail: cover above a certain size (I suspect 1000px by 1000px) will net be displayed even if embedded into the audio file. I reduced a "Crime of century 1400x1400 below 1000 and it worked)

May 24, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #5,457 of 14,760
Are you using folder view on the ZX2 music app? If so you need to create a parent folder on your SD card called Music, then drop your album folders into that. Once done the player will read the content properly, otherwise it just says 0.

I didnt, just reused existing SD Card will my music in folders (classical, pop, ...) at the root. All were detected. Music folder is empty
BTW SD card is formatted with exFat

May 24, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #5,458 of 14,760
It should be in settings/device settings/ button protection, unticked.

I agree, compared to my x5/e12a or e12diy, which was my previous rig. This zx2 just sounds like it's hifi on steroids. The sound field seems to fire from everywhere, like it's almost different music, I'm listening to.
The only problem is, (if it's really a problem at all) is everything else I thought sounded good, now sounds flat, and life less.

May 24, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #5,459 of 14,760
Apologies if this has been asked already :) but does the micro sd slot of the zx2 take the new 200gb cards or is it limited to 128gb?

Any advice appreciated :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back