SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 19, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #13,112 of 14,755
Bit of a long shot, but any ZX2 owners on here who have a Dignis case they don't use and want to sell?

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #13,113 of 14,755
  Bit of a long shot, but any ZX2 owners on here who have a Dignis case they don't use and want to sell?

i have a sony leather case for sale , if interested

http://www.head-fi.org/t/811297/sony-ckl-nwzx2-case-for-sony-zx2-player

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #13,114 of 14,755

i have a sony leather case for sale , if interested

http://www.head-fi.org/t/811297/sony-ckl-nwzx2-case-for-sony-zx2-player

​Thanks mate, I was thinking about your case. I'm just not sure about the flap on the front. How do you find it?

Sep 19, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #13,115 of 14,755

​Thanks mate, I was thinking about your case. I'm just not sure about the flap on the front. How do you find it?

let's not derail the zx2 thread , sent you a pm

Sep 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #13,116 of 14,755

This is it:  AK XB10.  Now, where can we get this as it looks promising.

I just can't believe SONY makes it so difficult to get their LDAC available to the masses (OK, I take that back...it's SONY).  In fact, I can't believe more companies aren't joining the bandwagon of wireless hi-res wireless.  I would kill for a good solution; you won't believe how many times, I've turned my head and my DAP goes flying off the table...    :)

L3000.gif

Apt X is already excellent.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #13,117 of 14,755
I need some help.

I'm trying to run my ZX2 through my Yggdrasil DAC. 

This is how I've connected it:

I'm going out of the ZX2 with a Digital Out conversion cable which I bought from Japan (see below):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF086HE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I then attach a USB A to USB B cable -- from the end of the Digital Out conversion cable into a Schiit Wyrd Decrappifier (which is really just a fancy USB HUB).

From there I go USB into the Yggy.

I play the ZX2.

But the Yggy doesn't recognize it.

Any ideas?

I think there was somebody that did this recently and it worked. It should work. The person at Schiit said the Iggy would work with most OTG adapters when used with a powered hub (which is what the Wyrd is).

(By the way, I use my ZX2 as it is and love it; I have no desire to bypass all those great electronics and use it just as a transport. I'm just doing this as a test to how a clean transport compares to my computer.)

Thanks / Marty

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #13,118 of 14,755
Heya guys, just double checking if this plug orientation is correct for the ZX2's TRRS jack?

I would like to re-terminate my IEM cable to TRRS, and was reading the websites on the connection points. There are 2 differing instructions on the L- and R- position for the 3rd and 4th poles.

Can I ask for your advice, for those who done your own termination, which one is the ideal settings, or it does not matter?

This website talks about termination of cable which defers from the one set for Hifiman:

http://www.call-t.co.jp/blog/mt/archives/entry/016419.html

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #13,119 of 14,755
I would like to re-terminate my IEM cable to TRRS, and was reading the websites on the connection points. There are 2 differing instructions on the L- and R- position for the 3rd and 4th poles.

Can I ask for your advice, for those who done your own termination, which one is the ideal settings, or it does not matter?

This website talks about termination of cable which defers from the one set for Hifiman:

http://www.call-t.co.jp/blog/mt/archives/entry/016419.html

I'm just waiting for my cable to come back, but as I understand it, it should have termination the same as Hifiman. The other spec would be suitable for AK devices.

This is what I have been told, but I guess I shall soon find out one way or another when my cable returns :)

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #13,120 of 14,755
Thanks. I guess no harm trying out to reterminate my cable with the suggested LRRL format, and can always re-terminate again if it does not work.

According to the Japanese site (not very accurate translation for thorough understanding of the meaning), the LRRL is the correct format, while some users commented that is also works with the LRLR format (similar to Hifiman Balanced format).

Will update again.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #13,121 of 14,755
Thanks. I guess no harm trying out to reterminate my cable with the suggested LRRL format, and can always re-terminate again if it does not work.

According to the Japanese site (not very accurate translation for thorough understanding of the meaning), the LRRL is the correct format, while some users commented that is also works with the LRLR format (similar to Hifiman Balanced format).

Will update again.

Dude, I have made countless of my own cables for Zx2...... Feel free to try out. The correct one is L+R+L-R- the same as hi-fi man

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #13,122 of 14,755
  I need some help.

I'm trying to run my ZX2 through my Yggdrasil DAC. 

This is how I've connected it:

I'm going out of the ZX2 with a Digital Out conversion cable which I bought from Japan (see below):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FF086HE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I then attach a USB A to USB B cable -- from the end of the Digital Out conversion cable into a Schiit Wyrd Decrappifier (which is really just a fancy USB HUB).

From there I go USB into the Yggy.

I play the ZX2.

But the Yggy doesn't recognize it.

Any ideas?

I think there was somebody that did this recently and it worked. It should work. The person at Schiit said the Iggy would work with most OTG adapters when used with a powered hub (which is what the Wyrd is).

(By the way, I use my ZX2 as it is and love it; I have no desire to bypass all those great electronics and use it just as a transport. I'm just doing this as a test to how a clean transport compares to my computer.)

Thanks / Marty

iam using WMC-NWH10 with my idsd micro, and its not a direct working operation sometimes it works directly but other times i need to reconnect it a couple of times, honestly i dont know if its zx2 problem or idsd's

but some people mention it kinda need to be connected in a certain order to work directly..

try shutting off your zx2 and connect to the dac then switching on, or even if the zx2 is idle try connecting it first before switching on the screen..

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #13,125 of 14,755
I nearly sold my ZX2 yesterday somebody offered me good money for it I just couldn't part with it sounds so good ..I just love the warmth and the soundstage ..the new Sony daps had better be good :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back