SONY NW-ZX2
Jan 12, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #10,006 of 14,755
So JetAudio sounds brilliant but it is pretty unusable because of the dreadful lags? :frowning2:

It lags only when it try to build the library by both (internal memory and external micro Sd). It won't lag if you use only either one ? I am not sure...I have no lag and I am using 90gb of music internally ....and I don't stream :D

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #10,007 of 14,755
Alright thanks for that.The Ak100ii is currently on massdrop for $459.99 with 7 days to go so was considering joinING the drop .Seems a good price actually.

Pay less for something not as good, or save up and get something decent. I know what I'd do. Just because it's on sale doesn't make me suddenly want it. I'd go for the new DAPs from Pioneer/Onkyo, or even a Mojo over that. And of course if you're looking at the AK line itself, I'd take my ZX2 over the AK240 and below any day (only because I haven't compared the 3X0 models)

Edit: Sorry, very much anti AK, not a fan of overinflated pricing and marketing BS

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #10,008 of 14,755
Pay less for something not as good, or save up and get something decent. I know what I'd do. Just because it's on sale doesn't make me suddenly want it. I'd go for the new DAPs from Pioneer/Onkyo, or even a Mojo over that. And of course if you're looking at the AK line itself, I'd take my ZX2 over the AK240 and below any day (only because I haven't compared the 3X0 models)

Edit: Sorry, very much anti AK, not a fan of overinflated pricing and marketing BS

Exactly !

Jan 12, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #10,009 of 14,755
so jetaudio sounds good but lags like a mofo ?

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #10,012 of 14,755
@Whitigir
  Oh man you've got to try the DP-X1!
Think ZX2 but with 5x less hiss/noise.

You got that one also? :p I find the MQA compatibility very interesting. Does it support third-party apps (Android based like ZX2)?

Also, why is there hiss with the ZX2, what IEMs are you using? Sounds absolutely quiet with my Savant and Angie so far

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #10,014 of 14,755
You got that one also? :p I find the MQA compatibility very interesting. Does it support third-party apps (Android based like ZX2)?

Also, why is there hiss with the ZX2, what IEMs are you using? Sounds absolutely quiet with my Savant and Angie so far

Mine is quiet as well...however the noise floor is not as clean as the Mojo or the LG-V10....the background quietness. So here I am hoping DP-x1 would have less noisy back ground. Let's see...

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #10,017 of 14,755
It might have better floor noise, but it won't ever keep up in the run time, and build quality.

Very curious in which one you keep..:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Now this is very true. There are pros and cons that are reported from the dp-x1 early birds owners now

1/ 3rd party app may not have full access to DAC circuitry
2/ tonal body is not nearly as thick as Mojo or Zx2...and mind you that I like the density tonal body from Zx2, the closest to realism that make music feel with emotions
3/ better soundstage and clarity.....well, there is only so much air/space in the music, so less body density = more room for separations and clarity
4/ blacker background.....yeah this is what I seek for.
5/ shorter battery life
6/ better hardware :)
7/ newer android 5.1 :wink:

I will side by side the zx2 - dpx1 for comparison with TRRS connection on both (silver cables) as well, and using my headphones ofcourse :D. The weird soundstage in the Mojo was not something I preferred :xf_eek:...hopefully DPX1 does better

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #10,018 of 14,755
You got that one also? 
tongue.gif
 I find the MQA compatibility very interesting. Does it support third-party apps (Android based like ZX2)?

Pairing with the Empire Zeus XIV ciems. The Legend Omega and the Zeus are very sensitive. The ZX2 is hissy even with my Savant. Granted I'm cursed with being a overly sensitive to hiss and noise (hyperacusis doesn't help ^^).
The DP-X1 has Lollipop 5.1.1 with full google play store. I can try some apps if you want specifically. But so far the default player on the Onkyo ticks all but 1 boxes: folder browsing which I solely used on the ZX2. To my surprise though, the navigation is so easy and fast that I find my stuff faster with the DP-X1. The displaying refresh rate while scrolling fast is a sight to behold coming from the ZX2. Easy to use PMEQ to boot. Good stuff so far.

Quote:
It might have better floor noise, but it won't ever keep up in the run time, and build quality.

Very curious in which one you keep..:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

Why not keep both :p  And sell the ZX2 before the ZX3 arrives haha

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #10,020 of 14,755
Is there a direct dock connector to USB cable available? The sony USB adapter is huge for stacking. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back