1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649
651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660
Next

Last
  1. RPB65
    Anyone know the pinout setup for a TRRS balanced cable for ZX2?

2. Whitigir

You could use search button. But here it is :L+R+L-R-

RPB65 likes this.
  3. RPB65
    LOL at your reply. Brilliant.
    I did indeed search, however that meant typing and moving my fingers and hands and stuff! pmsl

4. ken6217
    Similar question. I am going over to buy the ZX2 in a little while. I am currently using a Sennheiser IE800 IEM. Do I simply buy a TRRS plug and plug the IEM >>>>TRRS >>>> ZX2, or do I need a balanced cable period?

Thanks,
    Ken

5. Whitigir

I think you are confused. But what you need is like you said, a cables that is for ie800 and has TRRS made for zx2.

6. ken6217
    Thanks. Actually I would have been confused if you said just the plug. I just wanted to clarify.

I'll hold off on the cables until I see if the ZX2 pan pans out. I got until Feb 1 to try out and return for refund if it doesn't.

7. muscular
    For IE800, u need to totally remove the existing cable and recable the whole thing, it won't fix or look the same again, probably for the better given how the cable has stiffening issues.

8. nc8000 Contributor

The official Sony diagram

image.jpg

9. psikey
    Anybody used Sony MDR-1ABT LDAC with ZX2. I'm normally an IEM user but seeing as they were on Amazon Lightning deal at £189 (normally £296) I thought I'd give some a try as I will also likely use them for connecting to TV for use when watching movies if others are in bed.

I'm not expecting these to be anywhere near as good as music through my SE846's but are they decent and good for the £189 price? Only ever tried some ATH-M50x before but didn't find them comfy.

Am I likely to be disappointed with any headphones (other than HD800) after being used to the SE846's? Was considering trying non Bluetooth Oppo PM3's based on reviews but the BT to TV with 30hr battery life is a plus and the PM3 much more expensive.

10. thepooh

Raw power output, that's the only thing holding me back from getting the ZX2, my bro bought one and I spent hours trying out things to get the most out of it.

This device will drive perfectly all the iems we have issues to feed most on ear headphones even those rated at 32Ohms the way it should. I tried to plug in my Sennheiser hd600 and it was really funny lol

11. ken6217
    I got mine today. I set it up and is charging right now. I transferred a few songs and will put it on repeat and let it play for 100 hours or so before I really listen to it. Out of the box it didn't sound too bad. Definitely needs to open up.

12. Whitigir
    Just received my Mojo. I can confirm a few things.

image.jpg
    image.jpg

1/ Stock player app output pure digital of 24/96 for me, Onkyo and gone mad app does not. They down convert it to 44.1
    2/ EQ can be utilized within zx2 :)

Alright, back to more listening :)

13. nc8000 Contributor

Have you bought the HD expansion for Onkyo ?

14. mcemce13
    Congrats on the MOJO! I am very curious to try that combo myself, please please post experience of signature with mojo vs without :)

15. echineko
    What's the battery life of both when used together? What sort of output are you using from the ZX2, did you buy the Sony digital out cable?

First

Back
640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649
651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660
Next

Last