SONY NW-ZX2
Jul 3, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #6,229 of 14,755
Is that XBA3/4?
I thought one needed one of those higher end in-ears for full effect otherwise it was a waste of money.
How does it sound with XBA3/4 if comparing with ZX1 unamped?
Please let us/me know! Thanks:angel:
This is the case I have, I think it's better than using the Sony's flip, and a lot cheaper, I just hate how Sony uses cheap leather for the case and charging so much for it, other than that it's a great flip case and very well built.

I also have a glass screen protector, good screen protection.

This is the memory card you are talking about, it's made specifically for the ZX2, It says it suppose to reduce distortion and background noise, but probably won't know the differences, so really a normal class 10, UHS 1 card will work. 

Jul 3, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #6,230 of 14,755
Is that XBA3/4?
I thought one needed one of those higher end in-ears for full effect otherwise it was a waste of money.
How does it sound with XBA3/4 if comparing with ZX1 unamped?
Please let us/me know! Thanks:angel:
This is the case I have, I think it's better than using the Sony's flip, and a lot cheaper, I just hate how Sony uses cheap leather for the case and charging so much for it, other than that it's a great flip case and very well built.

I also have a glass screen protector, good screen protection.

This is the memory card you are talking about, it's made specifically for the ZX2, It says it suppose to reduce distortion and background noise, but probably won't know the differences, so really a normal class 10, UHS 1 card will work. 

I have the XBA 3, they work well with many players, it's the XBA 4 that is very picky with player with low power units.

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #6,231 of 14,755
just picked up the zx2, Pha3 and Z4 headphones, XBA-Z5 in ears for on the move action....
even "suckered" into the special 64MB hi res audio micro SD and
( beautiful) leather case and zx2 stand...

all from Yodabashi while in Tokyo so the Yen VS Dollar helped it "feel" less painful...

and I must say these products are brilliant, as if they came from an alternate universe where
cheap mass market goods never took over and all things were made well, as they should be.

That said, can I listen to the ZX2 while it's plugged into a power supply?

All directions say plug into a PC only? Even the directions for the stand say charge through PC.

I have a Walkman to USB power adapter ( WMP-NWM10 by Sony )
but will this fry the ZX2 or something?

Thanks! 

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #6,232 of 14,755
  just picked up the zx2, Pha3 and Z4 headphones, XBA-Z5 in ears for on the move action....

all from Yodabashi while in Tokyo so the Yen VS Dollar helped it "feel" less painful...

and I must say these products are brilliant, as if they came from an alternate universe where
cheap mass market goods never took over and all things were made well, as they should be.

All directions say plug into a PC only? Even the directions for the stand say charge through PC.

Thanks! 

Any USB 2.0 will charge it. That's the beauty of USB standardized voltage

Jul 3, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #6,233 of 14,755

Thanks! 

Yodabashi was the cheapest for all you have purchased, but the ZX2 should be cheaper from bic camera

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #6,234 of 14,755
Thanks guys! 
Yes I think you are right, BIC camera is good, but Yodabashi had everything right there ready to go,
tax free plus yen vs dollar, and the buzz of that place all mixed together... well, you know how that goes.

Still confused over charging zx2, with Sony showing everything charging through PC only
but thanks for the replies, I will give it a shot fingers crossed. 
It just didn't make sense to me, for example if I need to charge it while at the airport etc with no PC nearby.

Jul 3, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #6,235 of 14,755
Thanks guys! 
Yes I think you are right, BIC camera is good, but Yodabashi had everything right there ready to go,
tax free plus yen vs dollar, and the buzz of that place all mixed together... well, you know how that goes.

Still confused over charging zx2, with Sony showing everything charging through PC only
but thanks for the replies, I will give it a shot fingers crossed. 
It just didn't make sense to me, for example if I need to charge it while at the airport etc with no PC nearby.
I charge mine with a wall charger, no problem.

Jul 3, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #6,237 of 14,755
FYI guys, bic camera sometimes has varying prices across their chain stores. The store I went at akibara quoted me
¥119600 (after tax free but before cupon) whist the one at bicolo was ¥115800.

In the end got mine at ¥107694 from bicolo so I'm a happy guy now. Burning in my unit now ~

Jul 4, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #6,238 of 14,755
FYI guys, bic camera sometimes has varying prices across their chain stores. The store I went at akibara quoted me
¥119600 (after tax free but before cupon) whist the one at bicolo was ¥115800.

In the end got mine at ¥107694 from bicolo so I'm a happy guy now. Burning in my unit now ~
Do not burn it in, use it, what is the point of going on an epic journey to somewhere new and exciting if you sleep the whole way there!!

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #6,239 of 14,755
Do not burn it in, use it, what is the point of going on an epic journey to somewhere new and exciting if you sleep the whole way there!!

To some extent I agree with this, however there was a part after 30 hours or so I literally couldn't stand the sound, and had to let it play in the background for a while until it recovered.

Also, a question for other owners, what's the best amp you've used with the ZX2? I've read great things about iFi gear, and the Vorzuge Pure II/II+, but haven't had a chance to demo them myself. Both of these are single-ended though, I'd ideally prefer a good balanced option.

Jul 4, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #6,240 of 14,755

I'm at around 22 hours now. Can't stand the sound Hahaha. Sounds quite muffled. Like literally worse than my smartphone output.

Hopefully by 45 hours it'll clear up . Arrgh why does it have to take so long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back