SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #3,301 of 3,849

I am newbie, I have followed this thread for the last 4 weeks when my wife purchased this nw-zx100 as my nwz-x1050 needed to be retired after 7 years and a battery change 3 years ago

I have converted 70gb of CD 16/44 flac for this gem of a dap

Using akg k551 at home but mostly at office as Hong Kong weather too humid for daily usage and I got a pair of mdr-nc750 for this Walkman for daily commute in trains

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #3,303 of 3,849
seems like the official leather case is not available in UK, CKL-NWZX100 is a beauty, but the igadget one is ideal for Hong Kong summer days as  my old nw-x1050 official case because tired and a bit ecky from the sweat over the years

CKL-NWZX100 cost HK$600 ( around 60 quid), also prevents accidental pressing of the control buttons

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #3,304 of 3,849
I also got a quite rare glass screen protector for around HK$100 ( 10 quid/ USD13(, it fits perfect especially with the round edge of the screen on the top and doesn't get it in way of the small black sub menu buttons

more importantly, feels like real glass and will protect from the scratches 

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #3,305 of 3,849
@imparanoic, i was in HK 2 weeks ago, but i forgot to look for that case
frown.gif
im too busy looking for a replacement cable for my TF-10.. i went to Sim City and got my cable from Mingo. i wish i remember the case, there is 1 Sony store near the area
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #3,306 of 3,849
  @imparanoic, i was in HK 2 weeks ago, but i forgot to look for that case
frown.gif
im too busy looking for a replacement cable for my TF-10.. i went to Sim City and got my cable from Mingo. i wish i remember the case, there is 1 Sony store near the area
frown.gif

sony mong kok store has changed address, to 1st Floor, Hua Chiao Commercial Centre,No.678 Nathan Road, Mongkok

the leather case makes the player even better as it mask the slightly substandard quality controls,HK$600 ain't cheap, but it's really decent quality ( mine actually was free offer from sony, but i didn't purchase from sony store hk)

you can get it from ebay as well, not sure on the price

it's noted that price.com.hk ( sadly in chinese) will display prices in HK for all electronics and earphones 

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #3,307 of 3,849
you seem to think like me, even with battery care

i will wait for my zx100 to start to blink low power indication before i charge or connect to the computer  for file transfer 

but too be honest a good battery will allow around 500-600 charges before losing significant battery capacity which seems indicate that a phone will have around 2-3 years life assuming that you charge almost every day

but with the nw-zx100, average user will charge every 5-9 days (flac with no noise cancellation, 15 sec screen) which suggest that this walkman will last around 8-10 years

i noted my nwz-x1050 lost around 40 -50 battery capacity after 4th year if usage, but i get around 2-3 days of usage with noise cancellation for 4 years 

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #3,308 of 3,849
I really doubt it is also as hyperdetailed as ZX2+trrs,although you could disable sound adjustment for improvement i guess.Does ZX100 need serious burn in like ZX2?Trusted review doesn't paint a good picture http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-nw-zx100-review unfortunately.

I think it is quite an accurate review in terms of strengths and weaknesses of ZX100, as compared to other better DAP.

To me, the battery power is one of the key strength, but sound quality is subjective to each individual, and any subtle improvements in terms of soundstage, treble, bass impact, details may not be easily differentiated.

I was trying out ZX100 and ZX2 at the Sony store, hoping to buy the ZX100 if they have similar sound quality, since I can save some money by just getting the ZX100. End up grabbing the ZX2 instead after doing audition. Both good, but ZX2 has more to deliver.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #3,309 of 3,849
seems a bit bias

a mac user complaining about Proprietary when we presume this user has no issues with  iphone older 30pin or lightning Proprietary socket or mac's mini display port when the world uses hdmi

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,310 of 3,849
  I really doubt it is also as hyperdetailed as ZX2+trrs,although you could disable sound adjustment for improvement i guess.Does ZX100 need serious burn in like ZX2?Trusted review doesn't paint a good picture http://www.trustedreviews.com/sony-nw-zx100-review unfortunately.

with headphones, it looks amazing!

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #3,311 of 3,849
Got my ZX100 back from russian custons, stole micro SD card
mad.gif
 , putting it back on sales again, tomorrow refundi PP to the Heafier i sold my walkman to

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #3,313 of 3,849
Dude how much u post about your Walkman life is unbelievable. All nonsense and twisted deciphering what u say in ur posts:upside_down:

I will confess my Grotesque Crimes i have done....

I AM the JACK THE RIPPER OF ELECTRONICS, i have murdred past headphones by smashing them to death
biggrin.gif
, to see whats inside them, pocking their diaphrags with a knife and beating them with a hammer until they are pieces.

My walkmans, E507, A818, X1060 were first drowned in wáter, to see what happens, then smahsed to rip them open and took their guts out and destroyed them REED RUUUMMMM
evil_smiley.gif

My iPod classic was killed with a death force of electro magnets, and my fiio x3 a knofe in the microchip

So if no body buys my ZX100 je will be Jack ripped, so Price is 360 USD, if no buy by the time i get my new love WM1A... <playing psycho music>

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #3,315 of 3,849
Quick question I listened to a japan export ZX100 recently it was so bright sounding my ears were hurting me ...if I compare it to the euro unit I sold t was a lot warmer and sounded better to my ears ....Why the difference in sound how come it was so bright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back