SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 24, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #2,386 of 3,849

I think by using such programs like cutters, they would degrade the quality of an mp3 file worse, asumming the mp3Cutter reencodes the audio back to mp3 recompressing it again

Till this moment I’ve never been able to hear any difference at all between a mp3 that I had cut off and an mp3 that was not cutt off.
The SQ from a cut off mp3 in term of sound is still the same sound as the orginal mp3 not cut off. The program mp3DirectCut, cut and split without loss

I would say, test it yourself with a mp3 file 
wink_face.gif

Btw, quick question, would the Sony ZX100 a good match with my Sony MDR-XB500 cans? For example, with my Samsung galaxy s player 5.0 it,s a very good combi, great SQ with the EQ

Because the XB500 is my favorite headphone to listening to instrumental metal, djent, rock, ect

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #2,387 of 3,849

I think by using such programs like cutters, they would degrade the quality of an mp3 file worse, asumming the mp3Cutter reencodes the audio back to mp3 recompressing it again

Till this moment I’ve never been able to hear any difference at all between a mp3 that I had cut off and an mp3 that was not cutt off.
The SQ from a cut off mp3 in term of sound is still the same sound as the orginal mp3 not cut off. The program mp3DirectCut, cut and split without loss

I would say, test it yourself with a mp3 file 
wink_face.gif

Btw, quick question, would the Sony ZX100 a good match with my Sony MDR-XB500 cans? For example, with my Samsung galaxy s player 5.0 it,s a very good combi, great SQ with the EQ

Because the XB500 is my favorite headphone to listening to instrumental metal, djent, rock, ect

I don't know for sure about the XB500 but i have the XBA-A3 in-ears which can be very bassy at times, but ZX100 seems to tame  them... love the sound sig. of the ZX100 not as bassy as previous walkmans.

With my MDR-1R Cans they get bright, sometimes they do get rumbling bass but depends on the record... i am thinking of selling them off ebay and get the 1A instead... but i am saving up for a 2nd trip to germany so lets see later

Regarding the mp3 files.. i don't have any mp3 or AAC since 2012, all i have is FLAC so with this no problem with gapless

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #2,388 of 3,849
All Sony headphones have good synergy with their Walkmans. Don't see why XB500 would have a problem.

I would say, test it yourself with a mp3 file  :wink_face:  

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,389 of 3,849
@ gerelmx 1986 and AUDIOBREEDER
Thanks guys for your comments
beerchug.gif

But anyway, I find it odd that Sony does not want to mention and give info over the output impendance from his mp3 player, in this case the ZX100
Is there something mysterious about it? Apparently it does… Sony’s policy?  never speak over your weakness, or something like that 
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #2,390 of 3,849
  @ gerelmx 1986 and AUDIOBREEDER
Thanks guys for your comments
beerchug.gif

But anyway, I find it odd that Sony does not want to mention and give info over the output impendance from his mp3 player, in this case the ZX100
Is there something mysterious about it? Apparently it does… Sony’s policy?  never speak over your weakness, or something like that 
biggrin.gif

Maybe they don't want to reveal (perhaps is high who knows) or perhaps they think we would not bother with such technical details.... if this the latter is the case... damn sony not all users are n00b consumers, some have engineering knowledge... oh sony

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #2,393 of 3,849
  zx100 is better than the zx2 is my opinion!

For the price i Paid 589 usd + shipping (don't rmemeber how much it was) it is a bang for the buck considering most players are at 800-1500 tange or more *cough* A&K *cough*

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #2,394 of 3,849
If the zx100 sounds similar to the zx1, its a steal. Astell and Kern is pure snake oil. Stop scamming us, go back to making your USB thumb drive MP3 players.

Jan 25, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #2,395 of 3,849
If the zx100 sounds similar to the zx1, its a steal. Astell and Kern is pure snake oil. Stop scamming us, go back to making your USB thumb drive MP3 players.
AK daps such as the ones I had (100II, 120II) are good but not as good as the hype. If one only cares about vocal than the AK can be a good choice. In time I just didnt like the over all sound.

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #2,396 of 3,849
[COLOR=111111]zx100 is better than the zx2 is my opinion![/COLOR]

Lol, this is an obvious call toward Sony engineers and tell them in their face that "you lied, you created a supposedly inferior products to your flagship zx2, and it is better, you are bad engineering". Lol, Sony still hold Zx2 up in big regard of having the flagship sound quality in Walkman line. But hey, if that is your opinion!

I recently compared mojo, zx2, Onkyo DP-X1, and non of them beat Zx2 in TRRS balanced out. They probably did with SE out and stock Zx2 player, but thanks to the engineers team from Sony of having Android on Zx2, I had it improved even further with the use of Poweramp-Alpha. The one sure thing is that Zx100 has no capability of downloading and using 3rd party app is real :D

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #2,397 of 3,849
Lol, this is an obvious call toward Sony engineers and tell them in their face that "you lied, you created a supposedly inferior products to your flagship zx2, and it is better, you are bad engineering". Lol, Sony still hold Zx2 up in big regard of having the flagship sound quality in Walkman line. But hey, if that is your opinion!

I recently compared mojo, zx2, Onkyo DP-X1, and non of them beat Zx2 in TRRS balanced out. They probably did with SE out and stock Zx2 player, but thanks to the engineers team from Sony of having Android on Zx2, I had it improved even further with the use of Poweramp-Alpha. The one sure thing is that Zx100 has no capability of downloading and using 3rd party app is real :D
I agree those new toys are not better sounding than then the ZX2.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2,398 of 3,849

zx100 is better than the zx2 is my opinion!

I recently compared mojo, zx2, Onkyo DP-X1, and non of them beat Zx2 in TRRS balanced out. They probably did with SE out and stock Zx2 player, but thanks to the engineers team from Sony of having Android on Zx2, I had it improved even further with the use of Poweramp-Alpha. The one sure thing is that Zx100 has no capability of downloading and using 3rd party app is real
biggrin.gif

I wouldn't download 3rd party apps if i had the zx2 LOL they consume precious storage space

Users who are viewing this thread

Back