SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 6, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #2,282 of 3,849
So I have a dignis case for my DX-90, which while nice makes it so you can't feel the "click" of the buttons. Is the dignis case for the zx-100 the same, or do you get some feedback from the buttons? 

Jan 6, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #2,283 of 3,849
Initial impressions: 

My hearing isn't quite as sensitive as some of you guys, so keep that in mind. 

The sound is amazing with my Fidue A83s. It sounds like the music is coming from all around me. Crisp highs and the bass is good without being overpowering or muddy like you hear sometime. 

I really like the UI. It's simple, I can find what I want easily. It's perfect for a dedicated music player. 

Only issue so far is a lot of missing album art...maybe wrong size?

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #2,284 of 3,849

Just received the official Sony screen protector for the ZX100 in the mail today. Went home during my lunch hour to install using the steaming shower technique; installed perfectly with no dust particles and/or bubbles. Now back at work and continuing with music bliss!!

Its very expensive for a piece of plastic and of course additional profit for Sony =). I'll try to DYI my screen protector.

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #2,285 of 3,849
Its very expensive for a piece of plastic and of course additional profit for Sony =). I'll try to DYI my screen protector.
Ha Scotch Tape it.

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #2,287 of 3,849
  Initial impressions: 

My hearing isn't quite as sensitive as some of you guys, so keep that in mind. 

The sound is amazing with my Fidue A83s. It sounds like the music is coming from all around me. Crisp highs and the bass is good without being overpowering or muddy like you hear sometime. 

I really like the UI. It's simple, I can find what I want easily. It's perfect for a dedicated music player. 

Only issue so far is a lot of missing album art...maybe wrong size?

Ceck my thread Walkman tips & tricks

Jan 8, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #2,291 of 3,849

That's what you ought to do then, and don't buy it!  I'm perfectly happy with my purchase, so let's move on.

Yes he can buy an iphone or ipad one and cut it... i am bad at cutting well stuff with scissors LOL

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #2,292 of 3,849
Hello folks!!
I ve bought the sony nw zx 100 since 3 months avec it's really awesome!!! What a sound. I have the oppo pm-3 and the duo is magic : basses very clean with impact, amazing trembles and very good medium. I've bought the oppo ha-2 but i haven't the good cable. No retailers send in France the cable. I saw the Fiio L5 but it's only a jack:mad:
What do you think about this cable?

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #2,293 of 3,849
Hello folks!!
I ve bought the sony nw zx 100 since 3 months avec it's really awesome!!! What a sound. I have the oppo pm-3 and the duo is magic : basses very clean with impact, amazing trembles and very good medium. I've bought the oppo ha-2 but i haven't the good cable. No retailers send in France the cable. I saw the Fiio L5 but it's only a jack:mad:

The FiiO L5 is specifically made for the Sony Walkman, so it should work perfect for connecting your ZX100 to the Oppo HA-2. BTW, does the ZX100 drive the Oppo PM-3 sufficiently? How loud do you have to turn up the volume to power the PM-3 properly? I have been considering adding the Oppo PM-3 to my gear.

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,294 of 3,849

Hello folks!!

The FiiO L5 is specifically made for the Sony Walkman, so it should work perfect for connecting your ZX100 to the Oppo HA-2. BTW, does the ZX100 drive the Oppo PM-3 sufficiently? How loud do you have to turn up the volume to power the PM-3 properly? I have been considering adding the Oppo PM-3 to my gear.

​I used to own an Oppo HA-2 but due not being able to perceive a difference between amping and not amping my XBA-A3 i sold it, and yes i used a fiio L5 as decribed by you

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #2,295 of 3,849
The PM3s are loud enough without additional amplification - they sound great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back