SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 29, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #1,382 of 3,849
my old black A15 scratched display but I thought that our original film (I didn't even check it after I bought) because it was familiar but I was surprised that these misers regretted ******* a protective film for this wonderful player!

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #1,383 of 3,849
  For those who have asked about the bass on the zx100... i am getting pretty insane deeeeeeeeep Lows, i need to re-read the booklet of the CD to get info of which pipe Register that organ has but so screwn insane runbling and ear tickling, so deep like a subwoofer rrrrrrrrrrruuummmbleeee

My gues is it a contra posaune or contra bass bombarde pipes because they sound like they have resonators

To give an idea how bassy are these HUGE PIPES, look at the guy size vs the pipes...

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #1,385 of 3,849
  what is this guy? this old fart!

LOL wanna fart Bassy LOL? haha my ZX100 is doing some subbass

Thats how some baroque masters got groovin' bass
basshead.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #1,386 of 3,849
Do we have an expected release date on the U.S. soil?  It is getting ridiculous for Sony USA to continue to ignore US customer.  We shouldn't need to import this baby from Japan or Accessory Jack.

Oct 29, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,390 of 3,849
  Do we have an expected release date on the U.S. soil?  It is getting ridiculous for Sony USA to continue to ignore US customer.  We shouldn't need to import this baby from Japan or Accessory Jack.

you are not alone.... SONY MEXICO is the same

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,391 of 3,849
  Sent mine back to Amazon. Not all that impressed even though I had very high hopes that this model might be the natural successor to the NW-HD5.

Using IE800 the sound is a cross between ZX1 and ZX2 but minus the 'magic' of either machine. I found the ZX1 to be slightly fatiguing although it was stunning with regards to PRAT. This aspect is tempered with the ZX100 which does make for a smoother listen. The soundscape on the ZX100 is very good and everything seems in the right place, especially if you like the Sony sound anyway. But there is no question in my mind that the quality is below the ZX1 and ZX2. Obviously it is not expected to match the ZX2 but the difference is significant.

UI is not great. I was looking forward to getting back to buttons but I found that there is lag, especially when navigating HD music. Overall it looks and operates like a phone from 2008. I imagine that trying to navigate 256GB with this UI would not be an ideal experience.

No doubt that it's a nice player to hold, the size and weight is great and of course the battery life is stellar.

I have ~20.000 tracks on my ZX100 (internal and external SD card) and the GUI is working fine for me. There is no delay while scrolling / searching etc.pp. (sometimes there is a very small delay: while music playing and then going backwards... but sorry, this is not really a gap or an issue for me).
evil_smiley.gif
My old Archos 5 IT with Android 1.6. There are gaps, pauses and other "nice things".
biggrin.gif

Aanother question. Is it correct that the "power off" function is a kind of "standby"? Because, the player is up and running after a second while button press after a "power off"...the player is very quick and I don't know if this behaviour correct or incorrect.
confused.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #1,392 of 3,849
I have ~20.000 tracks on my ZX100 (internal and external SD card) and the GUI is working fine for me. There is no delay while scrolling / searching etc.pp. (sometimes there is a very small delay: while music playing and then going backwards... but sorry, this is not really a gap or an issue for me).
evil_smiley.gif
My old Archos 5 IT with Android 1.6. There are gaps, pauses and other "nice things".
biggrin.gif

Aanother question. Is it correct that the "power off" function is a kind of "standby"? Because, the player is up and running after a second while button press after a "power off"...the player is very quick and I don't know if this behaviour correct or incorrect.
confused.gif

Yes power off is standby, unless you dont use it for 24h it goed to full power off

My fiio x3 took 1 minute to build song list with 7000 FLACs! LOL, the sony takes nothing even with 6000 FLAC on the internal memory (still to get the microSD tomorrow), same for my A17 which i once loaded 11600 flacs on 192GB

in the next week i will pre preparing my final review after achieving the burn in period this weekend

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,395 of 3,849

Users who are viewing this thread

Back