SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 27, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,291 of 3,849
Tried using industrial quality scratch removers?

wonder if toothpaste trick works
ph34r.gif
 or turtlewax but as far i know turtle wax is super abrasive (usef ro cars)

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,292 of 3,849
What are your guys' thoughts on Sony's DSP effects I actually find ClearAudio+ pretty fun for certain headphones and genres.  Too bad it doesn't go through OTG DACs.  It seems to be one of the best automatic EQs I've ever used and I tend not to EQ unless necessary but it's fun sometimes.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,293 of 3,849
wonder if toothpaste trick works :ph34r:  or turtlewax but as far i know turtle wax is super abrasive (usef ro cars)

I don't know but I'd google to see what is best for plastic or acrylic or whatever Sony uses before I try. Good luck.

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,294 of 3,849

me too esp. with classical music, ymphonies, oratorios, operas, cantatas, chmber music, solo pieces for piano, cello, violin... and
biggrin.gif
 HARPSICHORD & ORGAN
darthsmile.gif
 LOL i know @Rob49 hates it (the sound of it is not for everyone) haha now i will use the H word to annoy him in a friendly way
bigsmile_face.gif

Musically, I tend to favour the 20th & 21st century !

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,295 of 3,849
Maybe the Hapsichord cracked your screen, @gerelmx1986?

Just kidding

Oct 27, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #1,297 of 3,849
I will ry this method i found in the A10 forum, will do it at night, for common sense clean it first w alcohol or water

The mixture is 2 parts of baking soda and one part of water mix until a thick paste is formed (will try this night after work)

Hey "Guys,   I like some of you got a scratch on my A17 screen but I was able to get rid of it using baking soda mixed with water and a lint free cloth.    You mix the baking soda and water into a paste, then you apply to the screen with the lint free cloth in a circular motion.  Then you let it dry and clean off the paste from the screen.  No more scratch!   If you look up on the internet removing scratches on smart phone screens for the right mixture.

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,299 of 3,849
  What are your guys' thoughts on Sony's DSP effects I actually find ClearAudio+ pretty fun for certain headphones and genres.  Too bad it doesn't go through OTG DACs.  It seems to be one of the best automatic EQs I've ever used and I tend not to EQ unless necessary but it's fun sometimes.

I don't like them so much,as far only the studio and club surrounds but very limited on old recordings f.e. or EQ'ing as you say unless necessary

also they say lens (eye glass) scratch remover should work, firt will clean it and put the screen portector (it may cover it) as it is not as nasty as the one on my A17 screen that one was visible even with screen on

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #1,301 of 3,849
this player has more possibilities to adjust the equalizer wondering what will happen next!

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #1,302 of 3,849
  Any good place to buy screen protector and case from Sony?

I think it's probably just best to buy one of those giant screen protectors for iPad or larger devices and cut to size so you can use it with multiple devices and if you mess up just reapply a new one.

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #1,303 of 3,849
I think it's probably just best to buy one of those giant screen protectors for iPad or larger devices and cut to size so you can use it with multiple devices and if you mess up just reapply a new one.

Thanks for the tip if the screen is 5cm x 3cm you can get on the pad ones like 2 or 3 cut-outs, et's see ones for ipad Pro 

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #1,304 of 3,849
  this player has more possibilities to adjust the equalizer wondering what will happen next!

sonys walkman 40th anniversary in 2019 or a zx200 or zx3  next year... who knows
ph34r.gif

hope they revamp the UI a bit as it looks a bit old (still like it, but laks some streamline design e.g xperia walkman app look a like)

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #1,305 of 3,849
Ok bought an iPad screen protection sheets, got approx 8 cut-outs per sheet, the scratch is invisible now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back