SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 14, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #286 of 3,849
  i just cannot stand the volume cap on sony players in the UK  its like it sucks the life out of the sound...I had both uk and japanese version of the A15 there was a big difference in sound..

I couldn't agree more. My A15 (EU model) is heavily volume limited and this influences the overall sound quality of this DAP. Really annoying! :frowning2:

I know this may sound silly by asking but is there a way to install a japanese firmware on these Europe A10 series without bricking it? AFAIK, the limit is implemented in the DAPs software itself.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #287 of 3,849
On the IFA in Berlin I could talk to a guy in the high end dap booth. The had the ZX100 and the ZX2. I had my ZX1 with me. I could listen to the same song on all three devices. The ZX100 and ZX2 where 30% louder than my ZX1. But I rarely need more than 75% on it to drive my Sennheiser IR800. Set to the same volume level, I must say they all sounded rather similar to me. So they do not alter the sound or dynamic, they only limit the output level at a certain point, given by the EU regulatory guys. He said that the demo devices came all directly from Japan and weren't volume capped in any way. He also told me that the PHA-3 came to Europe without a battery, because it was too powerful for a portable device. Without the battery it falls under desktop stationary devices. There no volume cap applies.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #288 of 3,849
  i am just going to import mine ...maybe an asian or the japanese version...i just cannot stand the volume cap on sony players in the UK  its like it sucks the life out of the sound...I had both uk and japanese version of the A15 there was a big difference in sound..

Thanks for informing me that UK players have volume cap, assume german ones too.... because i was thinking of ordering one of amazon.de and redirecting it to my man's house and make him ship me it :D

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #289 of 3,849
had slept with the zx100 for a night in berlin and here is another unit that will stay for the week.

do note that both are pre-production units and had barely an hour or two of running time.  overall, the sound signature is a departure from the Sony house sound.  comparing with zx2 (with well over 500 hours), the zx100 is leaner and forward sounding. 

at the moment, the high is a little hot.  will revert later this week after clocking 100 hours.

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #291 of 3,849
i want one!!!

the pricing is a little on the high side
eek.gif

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:03 PM Post #292 of 3,849
the pricing is a little on the high side :eek:

The ZX2 price is coming down. I saw it on Ebay Germany for 860€. That includes tax in Germany.

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #293 of 3,849
O
I couldn't agree more. My A15 (EU model) is heavily volume limited and this influences the overall sound quality of this DAP. Really annoying! :frowning2:

I know this may sound silly by asking but is there a way to install a japanese firmware on these Europe A10 series without bricking it? AFAIK, the limit is implemented in the DAPs software itself.

No its not possible I am afraid

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #294 of 3,849
O
I couldn't agree more. My A15 (EU model) is heavily volume limited and this influences the overall sound quality of this DAP. Really annoying!
frown.gif

No its not possible I am afraid

I tried on al ondel walkman i had, install EU frimare but a message in windows during installation said Model not compatible with firmware update program

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #295 of 3,849
Here  are some pictures that I took on the IFA in the Sony building:

Especially the Start / Pause button was not fitted in well.

I hope these tolerances in the housing are preproduction features....

I love the hold switch, miss it on my ZX1.

Sound wise I found them in line with ZX1 and ZX2

Sep 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #296 of 3,849
The ZX2 price is coming down. I saw it on Ebay Germany for 860€. That includes tax in Germany.

haha it is already sold for like 2390 Turkish Liras = $780 = €690 in Turkey.

And as far as the political turmoil here keeps going on, $ over TL will continue its ascent.

Hmm.. Such a suspect.. Can the political crisis in Turkey somewhat be triggered by the European states so that $ would rise in here and they could buy cheap ZX2's from Turkey..? : )

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #298 of 3,849
  haha it is already sold for like 2390 Turkish Liras = $780 = €690 in Turkey.

And as far as the political turmoil here keeps going on, $ over TL will continue its ascent.

Hmm.. Such a suspect.. Can the political crisis in Turkey somewhat be triggered by the European states so that $ would rise in here and they could buy cheap ZX2's from Turkey..? : )

great price , too bad that Turkey is not included in the EU warranties - still amazing price , for someone who is willing to risk going on without a warranty

it is the eu model after all , so you can fix it in european soil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back