SONY NW-ZX100
Mar 15, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #2,641 of 3,849
  What do I have to do to this Sandisk 200gb card before I put in the Nw-zx100?

Insert it on the ZX100, go to SD Card settings and choose format SD card or go to settings, common settings, reset/fromat , format SD card and format the sd card

then insert it on te sd card adapter and put in your PC card slot, abd drag and drop or use a music management software to transfer muic to the MUSIC folder

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #2,642 of 3,849
  I was transiting over Narita recently and they do have an "international" version with an English menu available for sale.

Int'l version != Japanese domestic. With the Android-based NW Walkman models, each had English and Japanese. All of the non-Android models as far as I know have never had English. I've owned a few so I know from what I speak. I'd also be surprised if they added English to the Japanese domestic NW-ZX100. The only real reason to get it (if you care) is ATRAC support.

EDIT: Looked at the firmware update info on the Sony Japan site. No mention of adding English.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #2,643 of 3,849

Int'l version != Japanese domestic. With the Android-based NW Walkman models, each had English and Japanese. All of the non-Android models as far as I know have never had English. I've owned a few so I know from what I speak. I'd also be surprised if they added English to the Japanese domestic NW-ZX100. The only real reason to get it (if you care) is ATRAC support.

Exactly!!! the so called international version in japan will not have ATRAC support ..The domestic version will have ATRAC support that one has no other language

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,645 of 3,849
  Exactly!!! the so called international version in japan will not have ATRAC support ..The domestic version will have ATRAC support that one has no other language

i never used atrac because i knew it was an oddball format (becoming obsolete sooner or later)

I've been using ATRAC in it various forms since the NW-HD3 (including ATRAC Advanced Lossless). I'm not re-encoding a lot of stuff. Newer music I encode in FLAC, though.

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,646 of 3,849

I've been using ATRAC in it various forms since the NW-HD3 (including ATRAC Advanced Lossless). I'm not re-encoding a lot of stuff. Newer music I encode in FLAC, though.

I have a NW-HD5 that i use for my ATRAC Lossless only about 10GB worth it still sounds good to this day ...When i had the Japanese version A17 it was quite good but it sounds better for some strange reason on my NW-HD5

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #2,647 of 3,849
Hello,
I have a brand new NW-X100,boght in Korea. Firmware is 1.0, and I live in Europe. My NW-X100 does not have, the so called, 'EU volume cap', so I'm afraid to upgrade the firmware to 1.11. If I download the firmware from sony.au, and do update firmare in Europe, Will i get EU volume cap, or will my player be safe, and will not be caped? Is there anybody who have done that, ans sucseed.
Thanks and reagards.

Mar 16, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #2,648 of 3,849
  Hello,
I have a brand new NW-X100,boght in Korea. Firmware is 1.0, and I live in Europe. My NW-X100 does not have, the so called, 'EU volume cap', so I'm afraid to upgrade the firmware to 1.11. If I download the firmware from sony.au, and do update firmare in Europe, Will i get EU volume cap, or will my player be safe, and will not be caped? Is there anybody who have done that, ans sucseed.
Thanks and reagards.

It won't work buddy, you ave to download from sony korea, i got mine from Honkong and tried sony mexico but it didn't work had to download from sony asia HK

Got an error saying the Region of the FW tried to install did not match the region of the installed FW in the walkman, something like so

Mar 16, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #2,649 of 3,849
  I have a NW-HD5 that i use for my ATRAC Lossless only about 10GB worth it still sounds good to this day ...When i had the Japanese version A17 it was quite good but it sounds better for some strange reason on my NW-HD5

I've had and still own: NW-HD3, NW-HD5, NW-X1060, NW-Z1070, NW-A847, NW-ZX1. My favorite is still probably the NW-HD3 for form factor, NW-HD5 and maybe the NW-X1060 for sound.

Mar 17, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #2,651 of 3,849
When I tried it with my FAD Heaven V I found it a great combination. Same IEMs used on DX80 resulted in way too warm sound for my taste.

PS: When trying I only had FLAC files with me. Is gapless with Non-FLAC files the same disaster as on the A15/17?

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #2,652 of 3,849
  When I tried it with my FAD Heaven V I found it a great combination. Same IEMs used on DX80 resulted in way too warm sound for my taste.

PS: When trying I only had FLAC files with me. Is gapless with Non-FLAC files the same disaster as on the A15/17?

Ye, did the experiemnt of converting some flac to mp3 with an album i know it has gaps and yeah mp3 is not gapless

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #2,653 of 3,849
Hi, which iem or earbud or headphone is the best combo or suitable for ZX100? I feel the sound sig zx100 is bright and verry different with my previous device dx80. Thanks.

I have XBA-A3 sounds great

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #2,654 of 3,849
Hi, which iem or earbud or headphone is the best combo or suitable for ZX100? I feel the sound sig zx100 is bright and verry different with my previous device dx80. Thanks.

Any IEM IMHO sounds good with any Walkman player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back