SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #241 of 3,849
  A17 no worse x1000 in terms of sound quality they are equal

nope, i perceived my X1060 if you are referring to x1000 series, i perceived it to be vinyl'esque signature, warm like the fiio x3 but not too warm and my A17 is more refined, detailed almost neutral

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #242 of 3,849
  ^ What are you saying dude, by X1000 do you mean ZX100? And didn't you say ZX100 was better than ZX1 and 2 combined just yesterday? Now ZX100 is equal to A17? sheesh make up your mind.

ZX1 - the sound is not worse than ZX1000 just they are different!

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #244 of 3,849
  ^ What are you saying dude, by X1000 do you mean ZX100? And didn't you say ZX100 was better than ZX1 and 2 combined just yesterday? Now ZX100 is equal to A17? sheesh make up your mind.

they're russinas, i ahd a similar experience in the Oppo HA-2 forum, a russian dude told us a special cable found in tabao works witht he HA2 and A17, then... a few days later he says I doesn't work.... my 2 cents

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #245 of 3,849
what is most interesting, no one owns this player but 17 pages of crap!

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #246 of 3,849
so ZX1 is no different from ZX100 but wellw ahta bout coming from an A17.... step-up? big leap in SQ?
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #248 of 3,849
question, for those who have a ZX1 or a ZX2 and either XBA-A3 or XBA-Z5

how those stand if you drive the XBA's directly from the headphone socket of the zx's they sound good or have weird issues that they scream amp me!!!! ?

I currently own XBA-H3 and they sound hollow, like if music came from a small bathroom / sewer piping... if i drive them off my A17, have to use the Oppo HA-2 to smooth those out

if they sound bad with the ZX then i keep my HA-2

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #252 of 3,849
  question, for those who have a ZX1 or a ZX2 and either XBA-A3 or XBA-Z5

how those stand if you drive the XBA's directly from the headphone socket of the zx's they sound good or have weird issues that they scream amp me!!!! ?

I currently own XBA-H3 and they sound hollow, like if music came from a small bathroom / sewer piping... if i drive them off my A17, have to use the Oppo HA-2 to smooth those out

if they sound bad with the ZX then i keep my HA-2

Just save up some more and grab the XBA-Z5.  A much more balance & open sound than the A3.  The bass on the A3 is tuneful but way overdone.  The Z5 is really good IEM that can out perform higher end custom.  To be quite frank, the Z5 is outstanding out of the PHA-3's balanced output...just stunning.

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #253 of 3,849
Just save up some more and grab the XBA-Z5.  A much more balance & open sound than the A3.  The bass on the A3 is tuneful but way overdone.  The Z5 is really good IEM that can out perform higher end custom.  To be quite frank, the Z5 is outstanding out of the PHA-3's balanced output...just stunning.

Thanks for the info, but i already ordered the A3, from a picky japanese sellers that doesnt' accept refunds once it has been shipped (which it was today early in the morning) well hope they live up the hype of similar sound of Z5, many say they are quite close that the difference of the A3 Vs Z5 is quite minimal to justify the price of Z5 vs A3's

The worthy of those is that they say of them is that they're a step-up from XBA-H3 which i'm trying to sell

Well i'm happy having bought the A3 because i won't be charged import tax
biggrin.gif
 ground mexican mail limit 300 USD, by air mail limit 500USD my grand totoal from Japan EMS 294 USD, but #$%&!!!!! i was charged already import ta from a gift my german fiance sent me, some Telemann and harpsichor d music CD box sets, some german cookies and other stuff i have to pay the whopping amount of 90 euros (1800  pesos) half of the price of my A3's

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #254 of 3,849
  Thanks for the info, but i already ordered the A3, from a picky japanese sellers that doesnt' accept refunds once it has been shipped (which it was today early in the morning) well hope they live up the hype of similar sound of Z5, many say they are quite close that the difference of the A3 Vs Z5 is quite minimal to justify the price of Z5 vs A3's

The worthy of those is that they say of them is that they're a step-up from XBA-H3 which i'm trying to sell

Well i'm happy having bought the A3 because i won't be charged import tax
biggrin.gif
 ground mexican mail limit 300 USD, by air mail limit 500USD my grand totoal from Japan EMS 294 USD, but #$%&!!!!! i was charged already import ta from a gift my german fiance sent me, some Telemann and harpsichor d music CD box sets, some german cookies and other stuff i have to pay the whopping amount of 90 euros (1800  pesos) half of the price of my A3's

For mid-range portable DAPs, the improvements maybe difficult to discern between the two models.  However I was able to identify these improvements once going from the A17 to ZX2.  The bigest WOW moment was driven the Z5 out of the PHA-3.  I believe Sony engineers did voice them together.  In some ways, the Z5 is more magical than the Z7 IMO.

Sep 10, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #255 of 3,849
For mid-range portable DAPs, the improvements maybe difficult to discern between the two models.  However I was able to identify these improvements once going from the A17 to ZX2.  The bigest WOW moment was driven the Z5 out of the PHA-3.  I believe Sony engineers did voice them together.  In some ways, the Z5 is more magical than the Z7 IMO.

I'm keeping my Oppo HA-2, it's rumored it has a TRRS jack, but i must get that WMC-NWH10, some lit with a lantern and saw the TRRS in the oppo's Jack, for 356 USD it costed me is a bargain, but time will see if it ruins the sound of the zx100 then i will sell it LOL.

currently i am using it with a fiio L5 Lod cable for walkman, so more as amp than DAC/AMP mode, even as amp from an A17 i can say it improves the H3'S dreaded sound quality issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back