SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #37,111 of 45,723
Ack now there's another reason for me to hand over my wm1a to Romi... I wish he also change out the batteries

Is the sound signature totally changed after modding? The blackgate version mod seems to be too expensive for me (almost a brand new wm1z). Are they only changing the wires from circuit board to output jacks for the cheaper mod package?

I'm quite comfortable with my current set up. Stock 3.01 FW on wm1a paired with Moondrop S8. A very laidback listening experience as I dislike things that sound over excited and fatiguing. Nothing really jumps out at my ears and that's exactly why I can leave the music playing for hours. It's like a bubble bath with perfect temperature.

If I had cash I might dump it into M9 for the ultimate reference sound.

Dude are you serious?
You really think I would of sent my dap to get lower tier parts???

You seem lost in your sound signature preferences as you tell me you desire to send your to Romi and right after you telling me your happy with stock 1a.

I am sorry to burst your bubble but even stock 1z is a big step up from 1a!

And moded 1z from romi brings 1z to new hights and sound characteristics that you probably never heard before.

The mod as it self keeps sony 1z core signature and it still same as before but with new abilities as more resolution and balance to the sound. Less treble elevation, with smoother attacks.

More control in bass and mids very natural.

Same old sony 1z but with bg caps.

May 6, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #37,112 of 45,723
Dude are you serious?
You really think I would of sent my dap to get lower tier parts???

You seem lost in your sound signature preferences as you tell me you desire to send your to Romi and right after you telling me your happy with stock 1a.

I am sorry to burst your bubble but even stock 1z is a big step up from 1a!

And moded 1z from romi brings 1z to new hights and sound characteristics that you probably never heard before.

The mod as it self keeps sony 1z core signature and it still same as before but with new abilities as more resolution and balance to the sound. Less treble elevation, with smoother attacks.

More control in bass and mids very natural.

Same old sony 1z but with bg caps.

I think you misunderstood his post. He did not suggest or say about Romi’s mod using lower tier parts.U must be too impatient waiting for your 1Z to come back to your loving ears. Haha

He is just asking whether Romi offers a lower cost Mod which involves upgrading just the wires and battery and not the Caps.

And notice he just states he is “quite” happy with his 1A... not “very” happy. That’s why he is exploring an upgrade.

May 6, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #37,113 of 45,723
I think you misunderstood his post. He did not suggest or say about Romi’s mod using lower tier parts.U must be too impatient waiting for your 1Z to come back to your loving ears. Haha

He is just asking whether Romi offers a lower cost Mod which involves upgrading just the wires and battery and not the Caps.

And notice he just states he is “quite” happy with his 1A... not “very” happy. That’s why he is exploring an upgrade.

Well indeed I am quiet impatient at my current stage, it been very long and its frustrating.

Sorry but thats how I felt from hes message, maybe I misunderstood it sorry then.

May 6, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #37,115 of 45,723
Easy tiger. :D

I keep it calm & under control

meditating_tiger_by_floydkangaroo_d9pjf9z-fullview.jpg

May 6, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #37,116 of 45,723
Just like what I think. But my case is sound coming from outside IEM (that sound is coming directly from WM1A), different from other cases that I've encountered is sound coming from inside IEM.
Check that under Settings > Device Settings > Beep Settings is off.

May 6, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #37,118 of 45,723
I keep it calm & under control

Remember, you are Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, gentle in nature, not some wild beast like Tony the Tiger 😜

May 6, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #37,119 of 45,723
LPGT Firmware is another one that I really love on my 1A. Loved it since I heard it a couple of months ago. Loaded it again just now. Sings beautifully with 3.02. It just has a charm to it that I can’t describe. Warmth, check! Musicality, check! Smoothness, check!

p.s. always remember to load stock3.02 first before loading any other firmware. It makes a difference.

May 6, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #37,120 of 45,723
May 6, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #37,121 of 45,723
Remember, you are Tigger from Winnie the Pooh, gentle in nature, not some wild beast like Tony the Tiger 😜
And for the more visual pleasure seeking crowd

This should be it tigger-winnie-the-pooh-piglet-rabbit-eeyore-png-favpng-MP2eR2P9kNwXJFN9DZXfy4Nez.jpg

And not this ... too much excitement and energy, that's not what we want
7396d8ce866ddc14a60b77244669bace.jpg

May 6, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #37,122 of 45,723
And for the more visual pleasure seeking crowd

This should be it tigger-winnie-the-pooh-piglet-rabbit-eeyore-png-favpng-MP2eR2P9kNwXJFN9DZXfy4Nez.jpg

And not this ... too much excitement and energy, that's not what we want
7396d8ce866ddc14a60b77244669bace.jpg

Haha thank you that brings my mood up 🤩🙃😁

How about some Frosties?
Screenshot_20200506-124646_Chrome.jpg

May 6, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #37,123 of 45,723
The servomechanism makes a sound when changing kHz rates on files and mine makes a slight clicking in places just raising the volume with no music playing.
Yes, for me it is above 80 that you can hear the clicking through the IEM

May 6, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #37,125 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back