SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #26,911 of 45,723
Hey all,

I have had a spreadsheet for a while where I am attempting to calculate the max volume level to be listening to the Sony WM1A and JHAudio Laylas. I think I have it dialed in, but thought I would share here. Please feel free to copy and do your own thing, but mostly I’m looking for a sanity check:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EvfdtoO3eEpPTtfZODG2VHa3-PeQS228s-b6yF7qdQk

I figured using this that my max level on balanced Hi output is 56 and normal would be 43.

Let me know your thoughts:

3A398421-29A9-4ACE-852B-CC3F1AF2BA76.jpeg

Attachments

• IEM Volume Calc iPad.xlsx
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 2:28 AM Post #26,912 of 45,723
Hey all,

I have had a spreadsheet for a while where I am attempting to calculate the max volume level to be listening to the Sony WM1A and JHAudio Laylas. I think I have it dialed in, but thought I would share here. Please feel free to copy and do your own thing, but mostly I’m looking for a sanity check:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EvfdtoO3eEpPTtfZODG2VHa3-PeQS228s-b6yF7qdQk

I figured using this that my max level on balanced Hi output is 56 and normal would be 43.

Let me know your thoughts:

With JH13 from 1Z I’m normally between 50 and 60 on low gain balanced

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #26,913 of 45,723
I'm getting spiderweb cracks on my screen, underneath the glass. it seems to be in a layer of the panel inside. I'm not sure how or why. I haven't dropped it and it has had two screen protectors, a polymer type and then a glass type. It seems to be getting worse over time.. Appeared in the last few months, owned for about 1.5 years.
DSCF0780.JPG

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #26,916 of 45,723
I'm getting spiderweb cracks on my screen, underneath the glass. it seems to be in a layer of the panel inside. I'm not sure how or why. I haven't dropped it and it has had two screen protectors, a polymer type and then a glass type. It seems to be getting worse over time.. Appeared in the last few months, owned for about 1.5 years.

what is the purpose of having 2 screen protectors? are you sure the glass protector is really glass? I have experienced "glass" failures only to figure out that the "glass" was in reality laminated polycarbonate

to further expound...

every layer you add to the screen increases the height above the chassis therefore increasing the chance of snagging the edge. also, double layers refract light differently than a single layer

and my fail for the day... you don't have 2 on at a time... you have used 2 different?

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #26,917 of 45,723
Take off your screen protector and report back as to the reality of your one-off situation. It’s probably perfect underneath? Don’t worry! Cheers!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #26,918 of 45,723
nah you guys are not understanding, it has no screen protector on it in the photo. that is the lcd. I am saying, ive had the glass protected and changed the protectors, they never got used up, always was fresh and taken care of. the cracks are below the glass, just above the pixels. when seen up close you can tell they are below the glass. if you look close, you can see they extend in from the corner of the LCD, but not over the bezel.

i have never seen a screen this way ever

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #26,919 of 45,723
nah you guys are not understanding, it has no screen protector on it in the photo. that is the lcd. I am saying, ive had the glass protected and changed the protectors, they never got used up, always was fresh and taken care of. the cracks are below the glass, just above the pixels. when seen up close you can tell they are below the glass. if you look close, you can see they extend in from the corner of the LCD, but not over the bezel.

i have never seen a screen this way ever

Time to get a newer player, DMP-Z1 perhap ?

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #26,920 of 45,723
Jan 28, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #26,923 of 45,723
My apologies, I meant, who could wait for upgrade ? Dont we all trying to find excuses ? But I think Sony warranty can take care of that easily

My upgrade jar is getting low, only some cables and a new IEM this year.

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #26,924 of 45,723
Its odd, it isnt that bad right now, im not sure what its gonna look like in 1-2 years. But I am so attached to my WM1A I wouldnt even consider getting it replaced for this.
Maybe try to think of it like an old timepiece, you know character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back