SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #19,216 of 45,723
yeah its 44.1/16 but when u make the file it takes the 4gb disk and outputs 10gb of material in dsd. at that point its like, ok well lets go back to flac.
are you selecting stereo or 5.1 multi-channel DSD output? i accidentally did this with one and putpputed a 7GB file yikes!, i checked back and saw 5.1 channels

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #19,217 of 45,723
yeah its 44.1/16 but when u make the file it takes the 4gb disk and outputs 10gb of material in dsd. at that point its like, ok well lets go back to flac. still i dont know any other offering that is a complete.

its actually a great deal at about 45 bucks for 20 hours of organ. I think somewhere else you can find the complete works on organ but idk maybe not in true dsd. I think the other one is like 18 disks or something
Ah yes that 18 disk set, i demoed it, and didn't like the sound quality

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #19,218 of 45,723
are you selecting stereo or 5.1 multi-channel DSD output? i accidentally did this with one and putpputed a 7GB file yikes!, i checked back and saw 5.1 channels

Well thats the thing, its stereo, because the the super extended play packs in the other tracks of 44.1/16 as like they are the multichannel portion of a dsd. So somehow it makes them all dsd containers that have tons of empty space and it uses all channels possible to the full size of the disk, basically, and the end result each disk makes about 10gb of stereo material in dsd. or something.

Mar 24, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #19,219 of 45,723
roughly the same size as my 6 SACD set of Cesar franck Complete organ works with Hans ebehard Ross 16.7GB (for the isos i am downloading of the fagius set)

Mar 24, 2018 at 1:16 AM Post #19,220 of 45,723
roughly the same size as my 6 SACD set of Cesar franck Complete organ works with Hans ebehard Ross 16.7GB (for the isos i am downloading of the fagius set)

The fagius recordings are nice, the materials shows the 6 organs it was recorded on:
Organ in leufsta bruk - largest surviving baroque organ in Sweden, built between 1725-1728, only minor restoration.
Organ in mariefreds kyrka
Organ in fredrikskyrkan
Choir Organ in Kristine Kyrka
Organ in missionskyrkan

Mar 24, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #19,221 of 45,723
Im getting for my HS1551CU. May i know which cable fo u suggest?
I would say try first before you make decision.

It's very subjective, you might want either highs or lows more or both.

Their cables are not cheap.

I am using Leonidas for my hs1551cu.

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #19,224 of 45,723
I have found a 1.1 amp charger would not charge the unit, and so I am using a 1.3 amp charger in a wall plug because the lower amps gives a deeper charge. I prefer not to leave it connected to a pc and only have it connected when syncing.
My recommendation is to use a high current charger from a branded company, and to stay away from cheap, or low power chargers. I use a 40W (8A) 5 outlet charger at my desk, which charges everything. My understanding is this:
A well built, high output current charger has a lot of reserve, and runs cool most of the time, and has plenty of margin in reserve. This way, it never gets pushed beyond it's capacity, where it will overheat, and potentially break down, outputting damaging voltages/noise as components fry.
Using a small low power charger is a bad way to limit current.
- the device (phone, pad, dap, etc.) internal charge circuit decides whether it needs more current (if very low charge level) or less current if almost full. Get a cheap USB test circuit, which goes in between the cable and charger, and shows the voltage and current, and you can see the different current requirements that any device has when almost empty, versus when almost full.
- If the device is trying to pull 1-2 amps, and the cheap/small charger is only able to put out .8 amps clean, the charger will go into overload trying to provide the current asked of it. Typically, it will overheat, and break down, which YOU DO NOT WANT TO HAPPEN. The worse is a cheap charger that uses cheap components, overstates it's output current, and has unknown/bad quality...a disaster waiting to happen.
- when a charger states 1 amp output(almost always overstated), it does not cut off at 1 amp. It will typically try to deliver more, if the device is trying to pull more, and will be driven into overload.
- A hefty, high current charger, on the other hand, is idling providing 1-2 amps on multiple ports, and just gets warm. It has so much capacity that it is running way below its design limits.

In my opinion, using small, low current chargers is a very bad idea.

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #19,225 of 45,723
I uploaded all my music to my WM1A via media go but I understand it’s now discontinued - does that mean it no longer functions - if I use the new Sony solftwsre are there any issues or will it work fine with files on the player previously uploaded via media go?

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #19,226 of 45,723
I uploaded all my music to my WM1A via media go but I understand it’s now discontinued - does that mean it no longer functions - if I use the new Sony solftwsre are there any issues or will it work fine with files on the player previously uploaded via media go?

It still works, but you can no longer download the installer from Sony's website. So archive that installer somewhere safe if you prefer to keep using it.

Mar 24, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #19,227 of 45,723
Many thanks - in a nutshell is there any benefit to swapping - I have the internal storage filled plus most of a 250card so a fair bit of content but nothing like some on here - I have stupidly put some of the same content on both internal and card so it’s duplicated on the player and need to remove the duplicates - can’t see any automatic way to de-dupe in media go - perhaps I have missed it - is there any way to address my own stupidity other than manual album removal ?

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #19,228 of 45,723
I just received a custom 4.4 balanced cable for my WM1A, but I have one question :

Is it normal that with the balanced output my Kaiser 10 are hissing quite a bit ? Because they are dead silent out of the 2.5 balanced output of my Hiby R6.

Even out of the 3.5 of the WM1A they're hissing but less than out of the balanced output I thought it was supposed to be quieter.

Thanks

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #19,229 of 45,723
I just received a custom 4.4 balanced cable for my WM1A, but I have one question :

Is it normal that with the balanced output my Kaiser 10 are hissing quite a bit ? Because they are dead silent out of the 2.5 balanced output of my Hiby R6.

Even out of the 3.5 of the WM1A they're hissing but less than out of the balanced output I thought it was supposed to be quieter.

Thanks
What is your gain setting on the balanced output? Try switching it to low (or normal) gain. My Campfire Andromeda is dead quiet, which is supposed to be hyper sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back