SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #18,241 of 45,723
Hello, just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a BCR-NWH10 cradle for my WM1A in Europe? I have started a WTB post to see if anyone is selling one. I can also see that there are sellers on eBay from Japan who sell them but it will cost me an extra 30% due to customs charges and handling fees. Thanks a lot!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292003763875

Msg this guy and he will gladly mark it as a $30 item for you, did for me and it arrived in 6 days and avoided the claws of the penny pinching thieving SOB customs and excise !

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #18,243 of 45,723
Maybe they have improved the QA department since I bought mine Xmas 2016.
I purchased mine just after when the 1A/1Z was released, it was a time that a few members here purchased them from Jaben malaysia at a fraction of the price stated, due to Sony malaysia quoted a wrong price.

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #18,244 of 45,723
It's all in your head.
When 1 of 3 cited points of difference is kimber cable between socked and board of plugs, well, that's about as useful as when Sony advertised the Z7 as going up to 100,000Khz,

(e.g.)Sony MDR Z7
Frequency Response (Hz)
4-100,000Hz
If a bottle nosed dolphin is the target then cool but we hear to 19Khz with science to back it up so that leaves an extra 81,000 Hz...that over 4x what is needed but hey..advertising.

So 1 copper chassis, more storage, and...the kimber cable are among stated differences. I am a Sony fanboy but I am not a ...whatever it's called when no driver or music is cited to make definitive assessments in an almost totally subjective hobby.

My cars both have systems over 15k and my home system is well towards doubling that. Spending money is fun. I get that part. I agree.
I had both the 1A and the 1Z and with the same iem and headphones the 1Z to my ears is a much real sound device, i respect you tought but i don't agree with it, if someo e likes more of the 1A lucky him, don't need to spent more 2k but i don't discuss tastes, by the way you can spent 10 times more in your car audio system than in your home audio (a serious hifi system of course, not a mini hifi)but you will never will have better result , i have heard wonderfull car audio system that played very well FOR CARAUDIO,i know i have been there for years

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #18,245 of 45,723
I purchased mine just after when the 1A/1Z was released, it was a time that a few members here purchased them from Jaben malaysia at a fraction of the price stated, due to Sony malaysia quoted a wrong price.

Likewise guess unlucky then being same on two pairs, still stand by the build quality overall when I opened up connectors and Y splitter blobby solder and flux residue still there.

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #18,246 of 45,723
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292003763875

Msg this guy and he will gladly mark it as a $30 item for you, did for me and it arrived in 6 days and avoided the claws of the penny pinching thieving SOB customs and excise !

Thanks I will try messaging him. I get over 20 hours of battery life if I play music through 4.4 balanced (high gain at around volume 50), but only 8 hours if I play through USB output through the WMC-NWH10 conversion cable to my DAC (Schiit Jotunheim). Does this sound normal? I see that I can charge my WM1A and use the USB output at the same time on the cradle. That's why I am interested in it.

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #18,247 of 45,723
Can someone explain the purpose of the two symbols I circled in red? I see the left one shows the current play/pause function, but to what purpose? And the one on the right, I have no idea what that is? Thanks!

left one is PLAYBACK status idicator, right one is NFC bluetooth

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #18,248 of 45,723
My wife would have my privates in a jar if I spent that much money. :) She was pissed that I bought a Bottlehead Crack with the 1.1 Speedball for my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones. Well, we do have quadruplets and they're expensive.
Simple solution. Trade school. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS - My wife absolutely does not get it either!

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #18,249 of 45,723
you will never will have better result

giphy.gif

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #18,251 of 45,723
I take my WM1Z with me when I travel abroad (which happens usually once a month). I must say that it is becoming more and more irritating as the airport experience is getting pretty ridiculous. Going through the Frankfurt airport twice on this trip having the WM1Z with me send me to "special treatment" although the player was out and examined with my laptop and iPad. In the US I have a mixed experience. This makes it frustrating, and I am seriously thinking on leaving the player home on my next travel.

Jan 28, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #18,252 of 45,723
I take my WM1Z with me when I travel abroad (which happens usually once a month). I must say that it is becoming more and more irritating as the airport experience is getting pretty ridiculous. Going through the Frankfurt airport twice on this trip having the WM1Z with me send me to "special treatment" although the player was out and examined with my laptop and iPad. In the US I have a mixed experience. This makes it frustrating, and I am seriously thinking on leaving the player home on my next travel.
They probably through you melted a block of gold to make it.

Jan 28, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #18,253 of 45,723

I am saving for a NW-WM1Z. I'm glad I don't have to travel nor will I be. Vacation for me is grilling out in the backyard not going to the French Riviera. I am also thankful to God that I do not have to travel for work. I am not afraid of flying, but I hate being up in airplanes.

Jan 28, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #18,254 of 45,723
What is sound 2k better? There are guys in home hi end audio that spents 10k or 20k to have 5 or 10% better sound quality, you can't put the things that way, the 1Z has a better SQ than the 1A period....

Dudes have their panties in a bunch over my post i see.. Listen, if you want to open your wallet for 1-5% sound difference for 2k that's your business. Imo it's not worth it. I think the price for the 1Z is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back