SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #9,886 of 45,723

Mine came yesterday as well. I don't mind paying for the shipping because it is incredibly fast. I swear it is 10 times faster than when items are shipped to me from two states away. The packaging is top notch and the quality is of course amazing. 

What color did you get? 

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #9,887 of 45,723
Those looks similar to what Effect Audio is selling.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #9,888 of 45,723

for me it works with screen ON but i must count to three and inmediately reléase (before popup)

BTW the song is the english versión of Spem in Alium

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #9,889 of 45,723
I'm on balanced now with 1z and hd800s. Can't believe what I hear after < 50 hours play time. Very unlikely it could become any better with burn in. This player is a master piece. Thank you Sony.

Will be interesting to see how this new Sony DAP compares to AK's 380 or such (hope it gives many AK models a run for the money...And if so finds new converts)... hats off to Sony for really upping their game.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #9,890 of 45,723
Will be interesting to see how this new Sony DAP compares to AK's 380 or such (hope it gives many AK models a run for the money...And if so finds new converts)... hats off to Sony for really upping their game.

Different people have different opinions, personally I think it takes the cake over the 380+amp, both in terms of SQ and also in terms of price. Best way to know where you stand is to hear them side by side, as I did. The 1Z just has a fuller presentation that I enjoy, without sacrificing detail, and with a great sound stage to boot.

But that's me, I made my choice after hearing them both and comparing.

Mar 1, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #9,893 of 45,723
Does in here have the katana or encore? Will them pair well with 1A/Z ? Im about to get one but i don't know it's worth to upgrade from vega or not.

I'm listening to the encore with the 1Z now unbalanced right now actually. I love the pairing. I have the Katana with a 2.5mm balanced cable and 4.4 adapter as well. Personally, I prefer the Encore with the 1Z even when it is not balanced output. The Katana also pairs well, but the Encore just sings with the 1Z. Overall, I probably prefer the Katana over the Encore though but that is more related to my personal listening preferences. 

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #9,894 of 45,723
I'm listening to the encore with the 1Z now unbalanced right now actually. I love the pairing. I have the Katana with a 2.5mm balanced cable and 4.4 adapter as well. Personally, I prefer the Encore with the 1Z even when it is not balanced output. The Katana also pairs well, but the Encore just sings with the 1Z. Overall, I probably prefer the Katana over the Encore though but that is more related to my personal listening preferences. 

Just wonder that which one has smoother treble and more bass ?

Mar 1, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #9,896 of 45,723
I have finally started using the internal memory on the 1Z but for some reason artwork does not show up. The same artwork on the SD shows up but not when transferred to the internal memory. Any ideas? thanks 

Mar 1, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #9,898 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back