SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #9,724 of 45,723
Please don't compare wm1a/z with other daps please. You will make me curious to try different daps when you compare with sony. Its almost a year now but i bought, returned and sold about 10 daps. I'm addicted with daps. So please don't compare, i wanna end up with my 1A lolz.

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #9,725 of 45,723
Still looking for some comparisons between the WM1Z/A with Z1R's and Utopia's compared to an iPhone running into a Mojo or Hugo 2

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #9,726 of 45,723
Please don't compare wm1a/z with other daps please. You will make me curious to try different daps when you compare with sony. Its almost a year now but i bought, returned and sold about 10 daps. I'm addicted with daps. So please don't compare, i wanna end up with my 1A lolz.

Lol. Just enjoy what you have, and sign off of head-fi... Safest way bro.

Feb 23, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #9,727 of 45,723
Feb 23, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #9,728 of 45,723
  I have a question that I haven' t seen addressed on this thread: is anyone charging theirs from a USB charger plugged into a wall outlet, i.e. the same way one would normally charge a cellphone?

My standard Samsung chargers work fine, but the adaptive fast chargers don't work at all.

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #9,729 of 45,723
Hi, yesterday I had a little horror trip with my 2 day old EU 1Z. Downloaded the new firmware 1.10 via Japan VPN, made the firmware update on a Macbook in a Windows 7 Pro VM. All seemed to went fine. No error message, 1Z rebooted, but not into the home screen. It automatically rebooted after about 1-2 minutes, again not into the home screen, reboot again, and so on...a perpetual boot cycle! Could'nt stop that horror neither way. I have tried everything possible for about 4 hours. Firmware reupdates, destination changes (the player was between the reboots always for about 1 minute via USB connection accessible), all possible 2 button press combinations. Nothing worked. So I had to left the device alone on my desk and went bugged into my bedroom.

The next morning the battery was nearly totally drained, but the player was alive again! I made the update to 1.10 again and changed region to E, tourist version.

This time all went well.:sweat_smile:

Love the 1Z. Great (self-healing, lol) device!!

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #9,731 of 45,723
  Still looking for some comparisons between the WM1Z/A with Z1R's and Utopia's compared to an iPhone running into a Mojo or Hugo 2

My wife's iPhone into the Mojo, the WM1Z with the utopia is better, IMO. Don't know about the Hugo 2, since I don't have one from the future but will work on it. :^) 

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #9,733 of 45,723
Scary. Had you previously done the region mod? Lots of reports saying it should go unaffected.

Yes I was already at region E and FW 1.02 before that happend. Between the reboots I managed to change the device's region and also FW updates seemed to went ok sometimes, but i had to be fast :wink:

In anticipation to have to bring the 1Z back to the Sony Store Berlin for warranty I changed region back to CEW and FW back to 1.02.

I'd say this is a pure Sony software issue. To me it seems that the Sony FW update program somehow may become out of synch with the device and that may result in a perpetual boot cycle. The region changes have nothing to do with this.

Feb 23, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #9,734 of 45,723

My wife's iPhone into the Mojo, the WM1Z with the utopia is better, IMO. Don't know about the Hugo 2, since I don't have one from the future but will work on it. :^) 

I don't own the Utopia but I would pick the WM1Z over the Mojo as well.  Still the MOJO is a great sounding device especially for the price and the WM1Z isn't a whole lot better either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back