SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #9,616 of 45,723
I tried to read through the thread to find answers to my questions, but seeing the number of pages,....
So i thought I would just ask:

How does the WM1Z and 1A sound with the CA Andromeda in both single and balanced out? any hiss?

I am really looking to get an upgraded portable set-up (currently using the ZX2 with Etymotics ER 4-XR) as i do not get enough chances to use my desktop set-up, and the Andromeda are the front runners in-ears so far, but picky with the source.
Other candidates would be the InEar ProPhile 8, but as I do not have a chance to try them, I will pass.

Sorry to insist, but does anyone has experience with the CA Andromeda with either of those two DAPs, single ended and/or balanced?

Feb 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #9,617 of 45,723
Thnaks to nanaholic now feels wayy smoother, zero lag

EDIT: was toying with the update and the walkman crashed LOL but didn't lose any audio played time this time

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #9,619 of 45,723
Sorry to insist, but does anyone has experience with the CA Andromeda with either of those two DAPs, single ended and/or balanced?

1A with Andro. I using.
Better to go 4.4mm balanced.

1A 3.5mm with ALO Ref8 with Andro... Razor sharp strings.

1A 4.4mm with Kimber Kable with Andro.
Very good background sound which i did not hear much on 3.5mm. Very live, concert hall, organic, natural sounding.

Overall you still need to experience it yourself.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #9,621 of 45,723
1A with Andro. I using.

Very good background sound which i did not hear much on 3.5mm. Very live, concert hall, organic, natural sounding.

Just to add, I also really like 1A with Kimber Kable and Andro. Also, while I think it is better than ZX2, it is probably not significantly better, and also you lose a lot of possible functions such as streaming apps, etc.

I never bought the ZX2 so decision was easy for me, but I probably wouldn't bother upgrading from ZX2 if I already had it.

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #9,622 of 45,723
The physical REW button now Works fine if a song is less or equal than 5 seconds (while screen off), also the play pause lag is gone now

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #9,624 of 45,723
  I had it in my jacket last night while shopping. To be honest, it isn't a great walk around dap. I need a shoulder bag. lol It is pretty to look at though. Now to find a nice case. The only one I have liked so far is the Dignis in a dark textured brown but the leather varies a lot and you don't know what you will end up with when ordering. 

Another option:  I have a sideways belt bag that just fits the WM1x, leaving the 4.4mm plug sticking out.  I leave the zipper open for the last inch, so the plug can stick out of the bag.  It is protected, and you don't feel the weight on the belt.
Must have the remote control, though.  I have the remote on a wrist strap, with the clip attachment on. (drilled holes in the clip bottom to fit the strap on)  The combination works quite well.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #9,625 of 45,723
I'm walking around with mine now. It's been a while, maybe a month. In the interim I've been using much lighter daps, as in anything but this one. My arm is throbbing already, it's only been 20 minutes. Lol... Jk, but it's definitely noticeably heavier. I don't really care though, I love the gold brick.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #9,626 of 45,723
  Another option:  I have a sideways belt bag that just fits the WM1x, leaving the 4.4mm plug sticking out.  I leave the zipper open for the last inch, so the plug can stick out of the bag.  It is protected, and you don't feel the weight on the belt.
Must have the remote control, though.  I have the remote on a wrist strap, with the clip attachment on. (drilled holes in the clip bottom to fit the strap on)  The combination works quite well.

Which zipper? You mean the one on the pants? That would look strange, to most. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #9,627 of 45,723
I'm walking around with mine now. It's been a while, maybe a month. In the interim I've been using much lighter daps, as in anything but this one. My arm is throbbing already, it's only been 20 minutes. Lol... Jk, but it's definitely noticeably heavier. I don't really care though, I love the gold brick.

I normally carry it in the hand also.  Actually, I was rationalizing carrying around a 1 lb DAP as some regular exercise.  Just need to switch hands occasionally.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #9,629 of 45,723
where can i buy that cable ? Is that a copper cable ? EA Thor Silver II with my vega is too bright for me. It harshs my ear alot and i think it made vega less bass tan the stock cable. 
1A with Andro. I using.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #9,630 of 45,723
where can i buy that cable ? Is that a copper cable ? EA Thor Silver II with my vega is too bright for me. It harshs my ear alot and i think it made vega less bass tan the stock cable. 

Its a 8 braided copper cable.
Can get at Sony store.

I suggest you try out other brand copper cables see if suits you.

I would say the Kimble Kable under Sony brand is good for average use but not the best. Take note the mmcx plug is on the loose side, too much of removing will make it more loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back