SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #9,587 of 45,723
As one of the biggest disbelievers of balanced after trying it on A@K,pioneer and dx200 i have to report that using Sony's own Kimber is a completely different story. My Vegas have been lifted to heavenly levels of bass texture, separation, sweetness all over. Can only imagine after some 200h or so(my 1A has some 600h on SE).
Huge thanks to @tangents here for the sale of this incredible cable.
Waiting for Oriolus2 with alo 8ref this week. Life is good right now:ok_hand::grin:

Very happy to hear you're enjoying it – cheers!
beerchug.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #9,589 of 45,723
Got a new custom-made leather case for my 1A/1Z today. Hand-made in Ukraine. I'd suggest people take a look.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/496894870/protection-case-accessory-sony-walkman?ref=shop_home_active_2

Will post some pictures soon, but this thing seems to really fit well, and I like the book-cover protection for the screen. The leather is very soft and the flap over the buttons can be opened, but you can also just push the supple leather to activate the buttons. Magnetic closures for the front cover, button cover flap and the flap that goes over the top opening, but the elastic does the majority of the work in holding the case to the unit.

And best part was it's only $65 including shipping to the US.

Cheers

(ps - I have no affiliation with the maker and I bought this at full price)

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #9,590 of 45,723
I have the WM1Z here now. To me the WM1Z does sound different in comparison to the 1A. The 1Z is more euphonic and a tad more musical and clean sounding, IMO. It would be a preference so those with the 1A should be happy. I will add, it makes other daps feel like they are flyweights. lol 

Feb 21, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #9,591 of 45,723
I have the WM1Z here now. To me the WM1Z does sound different in comparison to the 1A. The 1Z is more euphonic and a tad more musical and clean sounding, IMO. It would be a preference so those with the 1A should be happy. I will add, it makes other daps feel like they are flyweights. lol 

It makes other DAPS feel like toy, and plastic weight in comparison to Wm1z :)

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #9,592 of 45,723
Yeah, the 1Z not only holds down papers on your desk, it actually helps hold down the desk itself...

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #9,594 of 45,723
It makes other DAPS feel like toy, and plastic weight in comparison to Wm1z
smily_headphones1.gif

I had it in my jacket last night while shopping. To be honest, it isn't a great walk around dap. I need a shoulder bag. lol It is pretty to look at though. Now to find a nice case. The only one I have liked so far is the Dignis in a dark textured brown but the leather varies a lot and you don't know what you will end up with when ordering. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #9,596 of 45,723
Yeah, the 1Z not only holds down papers on your desk, it actually helps hold down the desk itself...

I put mine in my trunk when it snows. Really helps with the traction.

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #9,597 of 45,723
  Are both same weight and size?

The 1A and 1Z? the 1A is CNC aluminum and the 1Z is CNC copper. Copper is heavier. :^) 

I had to put heavier duty springs on my FJ Cruiser so I could take the 1Z with me and place it on the oppose side of the car from where I sit. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #9,599 of 45,723
Here are the pictures of the case. I've put my 1A in it since it didn't have a case already, although I'll likely be swapping it for the 1Z soon. 

@jamato8 - I'd take a look at this one. Think I'll like it better than the case included with the 1Z. 

Cheers 

Feb 21, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #9,600 of 45,723
Is the 1A better than ak 240 or 380 in sound quality? Is there anybody who can confirm that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back