SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #9,571 of 45,723
  I have found the direct link:
http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/WM1/NW-WM1_V1_10.exe

Applying the update will take it from V1.02 to V1.10, so we've got a pretty big leap.

Yep huge speed improvement in scrolling speed and flicking between the different home screens. 

Can you link us to the original source to learn more about this version? Thanks!

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #9,572 of 45,723
Updating to latest version, does it delete any saved albums/songs in memory?

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #9,573 of 45,723
  Thanks, good to know.

Modern Lithium batteries don't have such issues. The biggest thing that affects batteries is heat

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #9,574 of 45,723
Modern Lithium batteries don't have such issues. The biggest thing that affects batteries is heat

Yes, heat dissipation in Wm1a/z is extremely low, and I agree with the statement above. I had my Zx2 for a while, and even constantly docking it which charges it continuously, and I can still have a lot of battery life in it :)

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #9,576 of 45,723
Updating to latest version, does it delete any saved albums/songs in memory?

Not in my experience, and have updated both my 1A and 1Z. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #9,578 of 45,723
@Whitigir

Have you seen these, found them on taobao 12 Strand per channel, 24 strands kimber kable at about USD 10 a meter.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #9,581 of 45,723

@Whitigir

Have you seen these, found them on taobao 12 Strand per channel, 24 strands kimber kable at about USD 10 a meter.

I have seen all kinds. Just that I don't care much about cables wires and materials that comes out from China. I only use authentic conductors
biggrin.gif

They say it's authentic, but I can't confirm this, but even kimber kables are made in china just like the sony/kimber balance cable.

Feb 21, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #9,582 of 45,723
They say it's authentic, but I can't confirm this, but even kimber kables are made in china just like the sony/kimber balance cable.

I know :), hence I never used any Kimber Cables for that matter lol. I know well enough that all of the sources of my cables wires are quality certified and authentic :). My latest cables is punching well in the $700+ for my Utopia, and for that much money, I wouldn't want to use any kind of fuzzy origin wires.

In fact, in my experiences, if these conductors quality are not certified, the upgraded cables effects won't even be there. Many times people would just go with whatever cheapest they can find, and then blame on the cables to be a myth, that cables can not improve this or that. But I explained this ways too long ago. I am well pass the stage where pricing is the issue, but rather it origin and authenticity :)

Feb 21, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #9,584 of 45,723
  I have found the direct link:
http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/WM1/NW-WM1_V1_10.exe

Applying the update will take it from V1.02 to V1.10, so we've got a pretty big leap.

Yep huge speed improvement in scrolling speed and flicking between the different home screens. 

Quote:

Can you link us to the original source to learn more about this version? Thanks!

Yes, where can I find the release notes, @nanaholic ? Also, just to note, that link is for the PC version, for those who are on Mac. And it seems to work fine on Windows 10, not sure if it's compatible with the earlier OS versions.

Byt hey, cheers for the link, update worked flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back