SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #9,556 of 45,723
As one of the biggest disbelievers of balanced after trying it on A@K,pioneer and dx200 i have to report that using Sony's own Kimber is a completely different story. My Vegas have been lifted to heavenly levels of bass texture, separation, sweetness all over. Can only imagine after some 200h or so(my 1A has some 600h on SE).
Huge thanks to @tangents here for the sale of this incredible cable.
Waiting for Oriolus2 with alo 8ref this week. Life is good right now:ok_hand::grin:

Feb 21, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #9,557 of 45,723
I have found the direct link:
http://walkman.update.sony.net/fw/pc/WM1/NW-WM1_V1_10.exe

Applying the update will take it from V1.02 to V1.10, so we've got a pretty big leap.

Yep huge speed improvement in scrolling speed and flicking between the different home screens. 

Thanks for the link

Anyone follows VGP2017 Japan award?
Looks like WM1 series did well.

http://vgp.phileweb.com/vgp2017/detail18.html

Champion that triumph over 380 eh :wink:. What happens to 1A sounds just as good to other people ? (Kidding btw)

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #9,558 of 45,723
Feb 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #9,560 of 45,723
I tried to read through the thread to find answers to my questions, but seeing the number of pages,....
So i thought I would just ask:

How does the WM1Z and 1A sound with the CA Andromeda in both single and balanced out? any hiss?

I am really looking to get an upgraded portable set-up (currently using the ZX2 with Etymotics ER 4-XR) as i do not get enough chances to use my desktop set-up, and the Andromeda are the front runners in-ears so far, but picky with the source.
Other candidates would be the InEar ProPhile 8, but as I do not have a chance to try them, I will pass.

Cheers,
Sleepow

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #9,561 of 45,723
Thats such amazing news. Can you please tell us if its ok to update non Japan models too? :beers::beers::beers:

Mine is non-Japanese Asian model updated no problem. 

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #9,564 of 45,723
'Effin sweet! The lag time goes way down and the update is simple and pretty quick. Love it! Well done Sony. Cheers

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #9,566 of 45,723
Good news that they fixed the lag...although it wasn't bothersome to me once you get use it.  All I want now is Parametric EQ...which is probably a pipe dream.

Can someone recommend a pair of headphones sound signature-wise to the Fostex TH900 MKII (bass/treble) but superior.  Don't want anything too warm.  Utopia?

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #9,567 of 45,723
Feb 21, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #9,568 of 45,723
Good news that they fixed the lag...although it wasn't bothersome to me once you get use it.  All I want now is Parametric EQ...which is probably a pipe dream.

Can someone recommend a pair of headphones sound signature-wise to the Fostex TH900 MKII (bass/treble) but superior.  Don't want anything too warm.  Utopia?

Utopia doesn't have those sharp trebles spikes that you are looking for from 900. But sound signature wise, it is heavenly match to Wm1z. What bothered me a lot was those stalling while playing back from headphones jack, with the new update, so far, so good

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #9,569 of 45,723
Utopia doesn't have those sharp trebles spikes that you are looking for from 900. But sound signature wise, it is heavenly match to Wm1z. What bothered me a lot was those stalling while playing back from headphones jack, with the new update, so far, so good

Is Utopia around the neighborhood in terms of bass response? While the Elears are good all around, I need it a little brighter.  Tagging those with a 4.4mm to see if it'll help with upper end.  

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #9,570 of 45,723
Is Utopia around the neighborhood in terms of bass response? While the Elears are good all around, I need it a little brighter.  Tagging those with a 4.4mm to see if it'll help with upper end.  

Well, Utopia is on another league in term of those above you seeked for. I do use 4.4mm out of Wm1z and upgraded cables for it btw

I never heard the Elear, but 900 is bright, the Utopia is not bright, though extremely resolving and detailed

Let me add that Utopia is extremely dynamic with ridiculous resolutions, extremely neutral, balanced and natural. It is neither bright nor warmth, period. Hence it is on another league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back