SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #9,002 of 45,723
Exactly...100x. The same thing if you pair it with TA-ZH1ES, and I can confirm to you that the best cables materials for this pairing is Silver-gold wires as well
biggrin.gif

I thought Unobtanium cables were the best? 
wink_face.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #9,003 of 45,723
Listening to Rachmaninov sonatas for two pianos, The separation is great and the air wow, hearing both pianos as natural as posible is just wow, unlike other sources present them hard-panned as one piano on the L cannel and the other piano on the R channel

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #9,004 of 45,723
Exactly...100x. The same thing if you pair it with TA-ZH1ES, and I can confirm to you that the best cables materials for this pairing is Silver-gold wires as well :D

I will agree with you on the Z1R and Utopia. I listened to the Z1R several times but the Utopia is another level up. I also recently listened to the TA-ZH1ES, how much difference do you feel there is between the 1Z and the TA-1ES? Also, which silver gold wires do you use? And compare to best pure silver wires, what are the differences?

Good choice on Utopia + 1Z, that is where I am going also.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #9,005 of 45,723
I will agree with you on the Z1R and Utopia. I listened to the Z1R several times but the Utopia is another level up. I also recently listened to the TA-ZH1ES, how much difference do you feel there is between the 1Z and the TA-1ES? Also, which silver gold wires do you use? And compare to best pure silver wires, what are the differences?

Good choice on Utopia + 1Z, that is where I a going also.

1Z and TA-ZH1ES are substantially different when using the same cables silver-gold and 4.4mm into Utopia. I use my DIY cables. The separation, soundstage is much wider, taller and in a better rendering with much more vivid resolution on Ta-ZH1ES. The body has a denser energy. It is as much of a different as that if I was to compare A/B between WM1Z+Utopia or TA-ZH1ES + Utopia, I would immediately reach out for Ta-ZH1ES whenever I can. However, as I leave my TA in the office, the WM1Z and Utopia is also very satisfying to take home with as well.

I did not try Utopia with the best silver wires cables yet. I briefly tried it with some older Silver wires I had here, but it is a PITA to work on the cables and expensive Lemo is not ideal to make different cables to A/B. I only briefly compared it from memory. Basically the silver-gold has better Bass body while still retaining the speed, splashes and sparkles of the trebles.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #9,006 of 45,723
Exactly...100x. The same thing if you pair it with TA-ZH1ES, and I can confirm to you that the best cables materials for this pairing is Silver-gold wires as well :D

By Silver-gold you mean silver-gold alloy?

I am having headache on which cable to upgrade to and from which makers.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #9,009 of 45,723
1Z and TA-ZH1ES are substantially different when using the same cables silver-gold and 4.4mm into Utopia. I use my DIY cables. The separation, soundstage is much wider, taller and in a better rendering with much more vivid resolution on Ta-ZH1ES. The body has a denser energy. It is as much of a different as that if I was to compare A/B between WM1Z+Utopia or TA-ZH1ES + Utopia, I would immediately reach out for Ta-ZH1ES whenever I can. However, as I leave my TA in the office, the WM1Z and Utopia is also very satisfying to take home with as well.

I did not try Utopia with the best silver wires cables yet. I briefly tried it with some older Silver wires I had here, but it is a PITA to work on the cables and expensive Lemo is not ideal to make different cables to A/B. I only briefly compared it from memory. Basically the silver-gold has better Bass body while still retaining the speed, splashes and sparkles of the trebles.

Thanks for sharing the difference between the TA and the 1Z with utopia. With regard to silver gold wires, I am preaching to the choir, your description matches my experience. I still have my 1st generation silver TWag fro Craig with that bad batch of silver from eight years ago and it was dry and brittle. That started me searching for something that gives me the sparkles of treble but the smoothness and warmer bass of copper and I ended with a bunch of Piccolino wires. When I was making my Kimber Axios last month they actually offer to take my Piccolino in exchange for another Axios that I want to get for the Utopia and I am still holding out on that as I can buy another Axios but Piccolino is no more to be found.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #9,010 of 45,723
you'll get an even bigger headache trying to hear differences between a 100$ and 1000$ cable.

I think the headache comes from realising the differences between your head and your heart are at different places.:D Your head is with the $100.00 and your heart is with the $1000.00 :D and the headache gets bigger as you go up the scale to the likes of the $3000.00 Axios :D

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:05 AM Post #9,011 of 45,723
I think the headache comes from realising the differences between your head and your heart are at different places.:D Your head is with the $100.00 and your heart is with the $1000.00 :D and the headache gets bigger as you go up the scale to the likes of the $3000.00 Axios :D
Actually I have a piccolino so I'll stick with that :D

Feb 8, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #9,012 of 45,723
Listening to Rachmaninov sonatas for two pianos, The separation is great and the air wow, hearing both pianos as natural as posible is just wow, unlike other sources present them hard-panned as one piano on the L cannel and the other piano on the R channel

Try this album.
http://www.allmusic.com/album/rachmaninov-heritage-mw0002605205

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• SUBA
Back