SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #7,862 of 45,723
Why don't you made for member that needed, cable maker always charged an arms and legs for it and took forever:smile:

They may take forever, but they don't cost an arms and legs if you order commonly used wires, maybe more expensive but still reasonable. Us DIY folks may help, but we don't typically make commonly used wires, and more like using exquisite materials, and they are not cheap either, cheaper than 3rd party but expensive enough to be out of reach of common folks.

In a senses, it is better to buy affordable Adapter from vendors, unless you want exquisite cables materials, then seek toward DIY folks.

Speaking as a DIY myself

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #7,863 of 45,723
any zx2 owners who upgraded to wm1a , how much better is wm1a ?

thanx 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #7,865 of 45,723
Why don't you made for member that needed, cable maker always charged an arms and legs for it and took forever:smile:

Time and I don't have parts on hand...and It still going to be a tad pricey.  If you learn how to make your own, you will never pay someone arms and legs ever again to make you a cables or conversion adapters.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #7,866 of 45,723
At least 10 times better, this is my personal opinion and to my ears:smile:

that good ? wow , i am very happy with zx2 so i think that 1a will make me go dancing naked on the streets 
tongue.gif

damn , must resist the urge to buy one now

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #7,869 of 45,723
Jan 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #7,870 of 45,723

that good ? wow , i am very happy with zx2 so i think that 1a will make me go dancing naked on the streets 
tongue.gif

damn , must resist the urge to buy one now

Sorry mate, I hate to be the voice of reason but the WM1A is not 10 times better than the ZX2.

There are massively diminishing returns when it comes to TOTL DAPS and that is the case here. 

Unless you have disposable cash right now or you wanted to upgrade anyway then you will be fine sticking with your ZX2.

Please be aware of the hype train 
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #7,871 of 45,723
  Oh boy, I just read about the whole volume cap thing in Europe. I have a WM1A from amazon UK being delivered today, but don't wanna mess with it. Anyone want it for the price I paid for?  

I can talk you through the hack, it takes about 30 seconds.

I promise you it is dead easy 

beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #7,872 of 45,723
Sorry mate, I hate to be the voice of reason but the WM1A is not 10 times better than the ZX2.

There are massively diminishing returns when it comes to TOTL DAPS and that is the case here. 

Unless you have disposable cash right now or you wanted to upgrade anyway then you will be fine sticking with your ZX2.

Please be aware of the hype train :D

Let me make this CLEAR I STATED TO MY OPINION AND MY EARS:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That doesn't mean that it applies to EVERYONE

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #7,873 of 45,723
Let me make this CLEAR I STATED TO MY OPINION AND MY EARS:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That doesn't mean that it applies to EVERYONE

That's fine, but in my opinion and to my ears it isn't ten times better. 

beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #7,875 of 45,723
After using the remote for a while, I do prefer it over having to pull out the 1Z, especially when at work and having it discreetly tucked away in my laptop bag etc. Just wish there was a way to unlock the screen via the remote for those occasions I want to browse for a specific track, but there is no power button equivalent right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back