SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 16, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #5,701 of 45,723
I have chord mojo about a year and half and got Andromeda around a month.

I just got wm1a today.

Sony blows away mojo. I think Sony is at least 20% better, maybe more in term of sound.

Andri on mojo is excellent, on Sony it's phenomenal. This is end game set.

Wm1a win the Mojo?! That's a very bold statement!
Even Latoo Paw Gold, Ak380cu is no match compared to Mojo. Personally yet to try wm1a yet, got to try it one fine day then!

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5,704 of 45,723
With Andromeda I agree. WM1A is definitely a superior pairing.

Might be just a synergy thing.
My flagship FAD FI-BA-SS don't sounds good on my AK240 but it sound sublime on Mojo.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #5,705 of 45,723
I tried out the Vega this morning (both balanced and unbalanced). Quite an interesting little piece of IEM. Bassy with good thump and impact but not too overwhelming. Trebles are a bit lacking, though.

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #5,706 of 45,723
I tried out the Vega this morning (both balanced and unbalanced). Quite an interesting little piece of IEM. Bassy with good thump and impact but not too overwhelming. Trebles are a bit lacking, though.
Treble is lacking? You want to hear glass break throughout each song ?

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #5,707 of 45,723
Might be just a synergy thing.
My flagship FAD FI-BA-SS don't sounds good on my AK240 but it sound sublime on Mojo.

I think maybe you should give WM1A, Vega and Andromeda a try  
wink_face.gif

Dec 16, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #5,709 of 45,723
It´s a bit bulkier than i expected :D  and also heavier when compared with my ZX100.
But indeed it is beautiful.
It´s still charging and then i will have to transfer all my music from the ZX100 to the WM1A. I reckon that tonight everything will be prepared so that i can start enjoying the perks of the most expensive
Dap i had bought, and hopefully the last since i´m really not interested on getting his heavier brother (WM1Z).
I will load like 18GB OF new music from my friend CDs

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #5,711 of 45,723

Was the unit fully burnt in ? It does matter with the Vega, never had an IEM that went through so many changes...
I really wouldn't peg the Vega has lacking in the treble department, but granted I am no treble head

What difference did you make of balanced vs singled ended?
So you ran Vega + MUC-S12SB1?

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #5,712 of 45,723
I finally got to hear the WM1Z today paired with my 335DW-SRs. For me balanced was much more engaging than the SE. I was really impressed my the warm but detailed presentation. I would say it's a bit better than my Hugo.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #5,713 of 45,723
I finally got to hear the WM1Z today paired with my 335DW-SRs. For me balanced was much more engaging than the SE. I was really impressed my the warm but detailed presentation. I would say it [bold] a bit better than my Hugo.[/bold]

That's a super bold statement lol

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #5,714 of 45,723
The reviews looks good for both WM1A and WM1Z.

Dec 16, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #5,715 of 45,723

Was the unit fully burnt in ? It does matter with the Vega, never had an IEM that went through so many changes...
I really wouldn't peg the Vega has lacking in the treble department, but granted I am no treble head

What difference did you make of balanced vs singled ended?
So you ran Vega + MUC-S12SB1?

Yes they were fully burnt in. 

I ran Vega through both the Kimber Kable balanced cable made by Sony and the Brise Audio balanced cable.
The difference wasn't night and day, though, which I found quite surprising as most other IEMs I tried out may sound drastically different balanced vs single ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back