SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #3,153 of 45,723
Oct 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #3,156 of 45,723
Oh well my bad then, sorry about that!
tongue.gif
There just doesn't seem to be a word on it in Sony's marketing. It's not even included in the spec sheet.

lol. They tend to do that. They forgot to mention the ZX2 was TRRS compatible, which became a lovely easter egg for users to discover :)

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #3,158 of 45,723
Oct 12, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #3,159 of 45,723
Du habst keine's?...meanwhile, back on the farm, my previous to A17 Sonykins, which had been consigned to my bottom drawer for over a year, came out with some stellar sounds yesterday, just on it's tod without a dac/amp, which it lacked the tech to take on board.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #3,160 of 45,723
  Du habst keine's?...meanwhile, back on the farm, my previous to A17 Sonykins, which had been consigned to my bottom drawer for over a year, came out with some stellar sounds yesterday, just on it's tod without a dac/amp, which it lacked the tech to take on board.

I don't consider zx100 to be Hi-end, more of a mid-tier or intro to the flagships 

Oct 12, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,162 of 45,723

you had the opportunity to compare Z5 and A3?
what do you think is better?

For me Z5 hands down (due to better build and is is not prone to paint peeling off like the A3), sound wise they are similar but Z5 is by far a bit more niccier inner resolution and huge soundstage

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #3,164 of 45,723

I also think that they are similar, but there is a difference.

I Had the A3 and now have the Z5

in summary

BASS: similar in both, sometimes but not all the times the Z5 can be bassy but has slightly deeper lows than A3
MID: The A3 has fowarder mids than Z5 so A3 is a bit more "clear" but at the same time it can get harsh a thing the Z5 doesn't display, simply z5 have silky smooth mids
HIGH: A3 again has fowarder highs and z5 has them recessed in the form of silky smooth fluid highs. A3 can be grainy and harsh, i got ringy ears after using A3 (fatigue)

SOUNSTAGE: Hands down to Z5. sppeaker-like presentation, very enveloping and 3D. A3  is a bit more intimate and sounds smaller than the z5. same goes for SEPARATION better in z5, especially in orchestras or organ pipe clusters, i can distinguis instruments or pipes when orchestrated together on Z5

MICRO-DETAILING (INNER RESOLUTION): again Z5 hands down it can pick up the most subtle details such aas faint reverb from small churches or soft sounding wood-flue pipes with A3 sometimes you miss details and order to get these to appear on A3 you must cranck volume higher than my licking

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,165 of 45,723
Sorry for the off-topic satisfying GOSOD's curiosity on these IEMs

Back to track, wish sony had instead that dumbastic wrist strap hole, had put anothe microSD slot 
biggrin.gif
, hope card format on sony is still exFAT (it may be due to SDXC standard).

and now i ahve my question, which would be better? a cable with a 4,4mm plug termination like the MUC series from sony or a Piggy tail terminated in 4,4mm in one end and in the other end dual3,5mm sockets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back