SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #3,136 of 45,723

With the change in the capacitors etc used in the 1Z, they've upped their recommended hours to 200 now, eh? But I went through the same panic with the ZX2, yes 
biggrin.gif

Wonder if some dummy load will work to burn in, I have seen some DAP manufacturers sell you a burn-in cable witha  dummy load (resistor), i burn it aas i listen to it with my various headphones

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,137 of 45,723
  Wonder if some dummy load will work to burn in, I have seen some DAP manufacturers sell you a burn-in cable witha  dummy load (resistor), i burn it aas i listen to it with my various headphones

Just find some medium efficiency headphones imho as that way the load is not just a 'constant'. OPPO PM3 are great for this :)

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #3,138 of 45,723

Just find some medium efficiency headphones imho as that way the load is not just a 'constant'. OPPO PM3 are great for this :)

whata bout MDR-Z7 which are 70-ohm according to specs, XBA-Z5 my current ones are 32 ohm

Oct 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,139 of 45,723
whata bout MDR-Z7 which are 70-ohm according to specs, XBA-Z5 my current ones are 32 ohm

That would be excellent. To my knowledge, burning in is to let these electrical components memorize the current and voltage variations (load-deliveries) in itself (simplified term). So the more variations the current and voltage applied, the better well and all rounded they are burned in. Therefore any constant pink noise or white noises are not recommended to me, or resistor dummy load. They can not be much of a variation as headphones and music. Therefore, the best way to burn in is to let a headphone connected, and play music that you have in the library for the recommended hours and further more.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #3,140 of 45,723
Tried WM1A with my own Z5 with the new kimber 4.4 balanced cable, sounds amazing and seems same level as PHA3, or even can outperform the PHA3 balanced.
smily_headphones1.gif

Do the new cables MMCX connectors allow the Buds to spin or they have the locking mechanism?

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #3,141 of 45,723
Do the new cables MMCX connectors allow the Buds to spin or they have the locking mechanism?

I remember it is standard MMCX plug, I saw someone used it on non Sony IEM at the same event.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #3,142 of 45,723
I remember it is standard MMCX plug, I saw someone used it on non Sony IEM at the same event.

Thanks mate seems then has no lock mechanism, My stock cable for Z5 have this tiny protuberabces in the connector to allow it to sit still and don't spin arround damaging the connector

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #3,143 of 45,723
Tried WM1A with my own Z5 with the new kimber 4.4 balanced cable, sounds amazing and seems same level as PHA3, or even can outperform the PHA3 balanced. :)

Would love to know if the same is true for full size HP's... If that slight loss of power matters at all? Someone who owns the PHA-3 pleeeease do an a-b (balanced vs balanced) when they get the 1A ;D

Oct 12, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #3,145 of 45,723

I appreciate that the reviewer offered some honest criticism when the new Sony fell short. I guess that I'll let the door open that there may be some improvement with break in, but a used zx2 is looking pretty attractive right now. 
wink.gif
  And yeah yeah, there is always some potential for the balanced output to improve the sonics also. 

No need to look for a used ZX2, as a brand new ZX2 is just as attractive.

Price has dropped nicely in Asia and you can grab one less than USD900.

Add on a Balanced Cable and TRRS 4-poles plug, and all the way! 

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #3,147 of 45,723
After a lot of agonizing I decided to cancel my order with Amazon and stick with my very excelent ZX2. I just couldn't justify spending the money.

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #3,150 of 45,723
Who is that girl in the image, very beautiful. Album please.

Artist name is Amamiya Sora, the album name is Various Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back