SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #1,233 of 45,723
Are you all sure of the "Crossing the Atlantic" comment or just repeating hear-say? With SONY USA Head-Office being located in NYC, I would guess that crossing the Pacific would be the quicker route to Japan...

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #1,234 of 45,723
Are you all sure of the "Crossing the Atlantic" comment or just repeating hear-say? With SONY USA Head-Office being located in NYC, I wound guess that crossing the Pacific would be the quicker route to Japan...

One would think Kaz also flies to Europe from NA, being the CEO and all that.

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,237 of 45,723
  The smart move is to wait 7-8 months for the AK480 to appear around $6000 and the rich headfiers here to start dumping their 1Z like yesterday news for $2k at sale/trade forum.

That kind of plays into an earlier post I made.  If everyone waits once the 1Z is released for several months you may not have to wait for sale or trade.  Sony might be forced to drop the price on their own if the 1Z does not sell well to start.

So everyone should collude to force down the price by not buying right away and waiting several months.  That really is the only way for customers to gain any sense of control over the manufacturers.

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #1,240 of 45,723
  The best way to get the 1Z to sell, give one to each of the Kardashian twits and have them flash them on television.  Once the millions of mindless drones who watch that sludge see them they will snap them up like it was catnip.  Sony won't be able to keep them in stock.  That is your market for the 1Z, rich twits who buy it because it is shiny and gold and because some celebrity has one so they have have to have it to.  

When Victoria Beckham was given a rose gold Rolex Daytona by her husband, large and rose gold colored watches did indeed suddenly become popular among women and even girls in industry changing ways. The alloy, formerly called rose gold, came to be called "pink gold" more often as manufacturers caught on to the renewed appeal among female consumers. However, the vast majority of watches sold to such consumers were cheap knock off designs by Michael Kors and such, not actual gold watches or Rolex models. The look became popular, but not the watch that inspired it upon being worn by a celebrity.  

So, on the one hand, the Kardashian approach could indeed help. But on the other, it's hard to say whether it would make the real Sony model popular, or just gold colored daps in general.

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #1,241 of 45,723
Then a 7500£ Naim NDS Streamer with double 555PS 12,000£ , a 19,500£ Naim NDS source is not designed for music? It is equipped with a 500£ power line with Audioquest Vodka etc.... 

it has Tidal/Spotify added, no body defending Android but Streaming capabilities, if it can be done without android i am more than happy.....  

ZX2 is good enough for the moment, if Sony is designed for East Asia, let them enjoy it, i won't....

You would need a portable ac generator to go with the naim. Try strapping that on to your wrist. All that internal and chassis shielding and in the naim is not weightless either... I would stick to the zx2. Perfectly fine player for streaming.

What people are trying to say is wifi compromises sq. If you don't agree to that premise then its simple to agree not to agree...

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #1,242 of 45,723
You would need a portable ac generator to go with the naim. Try strapping that on to your wrist. All that internal and chassis shielding and in the naim is not weightless either... I would stick to the zx2. Perfectly fine player for streaming.

What people are trying to say is wifi compromises sq. If you don't agree to that premise then its simple to agree not to agree...

Dont agree thus giving an example from a hifi! Also compare to other DAPs the golden one is not much different from generator powered naim!
İ am sticking with my zx2 but feel sorry because i can not enjoy new daps from sony just because of this, i use tidal very often and like to discover music with my dap rahter do my hifi with my stereo kit or desktop amp
The world is becoming wifi/wireless so i dont get this step back from sony

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #1,244 of 45,723
All the Signature series equipment are going on general sale in Japan on 29th October. Sony Store in Nagoya, Osaka and Fukuoka will have demo units starting on the 9th, with the Ginza store getting them on the 24th.  
http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1016917.html

I'm interested in the new DC Phase Linearizer tech that is supposed to give you a more "analog sound" *sic* which doesn't seem to get much coverage, that looks like it would be an interesting read on how it actually works.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #1,245 of 45,723
That DC Phase Technology is nothing new actually.  I remember reading it from one of Sony's White Paper article regarding that technology which was utilized in their 2nd or 3rd generation S-Master Pro Home Theater amplifiers/receivers.

I was right as this technology was first implemented on the Sony STR-DA9000ES ( mine die last year) as well as the DA7100ES.  

https://docs.sony.com/release/strda9000es_twp.pdf

Go to page 11 and check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back