SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #9,931 of 45,723
You mean that the new player sounds bad single ended and worse balanced ?

My understanding his question is having 4.4 balanced to 3.5mm adaptor single ended, and then use a singled ended earphone right ? If you do that, it will sound worse than directly plug into 3.5mm single ended. wm1a 3.5mm single ended port is awesome, 4.4 balance port alone is really really awesome, but 4.4 convert down into single ended is worse. I don't know why, maybe it short circuit hehe.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #9,934 of 45,723
Anybody has an idea of the leather on the back of the Walkman is hard to remove? By doing that anyone can have installed custom any colour leather of a much better quality. Or in case it gets damaged,can it be replaced.

Do you own one of these walkmen?

No,i don't for now, but i own a Tera Player:grin:
P.S. is not nice when a question is asked to ask another question.

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #9,936 of 45,723
Mar 2, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #9,937 of 45,723
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there is a mobile App, or Windows desktop application to control playback on WM1A (like volume, next track navigation) ?

Thank you.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #9,938 of 45,723
Hi guys,

Does anybody know if there is a mobile App, or Windows desktop application to control playback on WM1A (like volume, next track navigation) ?

Thank you.

There is not

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #9,939 of 45,723
Hi guys,

Thank you.

i think if the walkman has bluetooth .. and laptop too .. may be there is something can be found .. like a program acts as remote control or so via Bluetooth?

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #9,940 of 45,723
Hi guys,

Thank you.

Nope but Sony did have a Bluetooth remote.

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #9,941 of 45,723
A question about the embedded album cover on files. In some files, it takes a bit to read the cover when I select album view for example. I have tried several options like limit resolution of the jpg to 500x500 or size to 50 kb but that's not the problem. I also have checked that Media Go updates the cover to 640x640 px when the embedded pic is bigger. There is no option to disable this thing. Any idea??

Mar 3, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #9,942 of 45,723
A question about the embedded album cover on files. In some files, it takes a bit to read the cover when I select album view for example. I have tried several options like limit resolution of the jpg to 500x500 or size to 50 kb but that's not the problem. I also have checked that Media Go updates the cover to 640x640 px when the embedded pic is bigger. There is no option to disable this thing. Any idea??

I do go to tools > preferences > Network > untick the use grace note to update missing album info checkbox

Other thing you can do is set all your music files as read-only, in Windows click with right mouse button in the folder of all your music files, click properties > click read-only checkbox and ok

Mar 3, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #9,943 of 45,723
I can't find any reviews of the WM1A. Are there any out there? 

Would be nice if one could compare to dx200 or ak300. These are about the same price range.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #9,944 of 45,723
I do go to tools > preferences > Network > untick the use grace note to update missing album info checkbox

Other thing you can do is set all your music files as read-only, in Windows click with right mouse button in the folder of all your music files, click properties > click read-only checkbox and ok

I try to disable the gracenote a few days ago but the Media Go updates the pics again.

I also try the other option and it's an option.

It's incredible that the Media Go updates the embedded pic without authorisation.

Thanks!

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #9,945 of 45,723

Quote:
I try to disable the gracenote a few days ago but the Media Go updates the pics again.

I also try the other option and it's an option.

It's incredible that the Media Go updates the embedded pic without authorisation.

Thanks!

Windows media player used to do the same thing. I also tried the donot update musci info from internet and it did, That's why i recently tought mmm, whata about that read-only checkbox?

it has three states 1) Unchecked : all files can be modified, 2) Checked: all files protected and 3) Filled Square: Certain files or folders are not set as read-only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back