SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #77 of 45,723
Thanks for the image.  It looks very hefty which is a great sign.  I really hope it retains an Andriod operating system.  

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #78 of 45,723
received_10207091016418940_800.jpg

Are we seeing 2 or 3 different DAPs so far?
smily_headphones1.gif

(The bulky one doesn't look pocket-friendly to me, though.
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 31, 2016 at 2:13 AM Post #79 of 45,723
Design of the black/brown looks a bit understated/conservative, while the photo doesn't seem to do the gold colour version much justice.

Think they took the "no hump" criticism to heart - and instead opted for an overall thicker but flush/flat device.

They kept the Walkman port - that's going to be controversial.  Completely understand where Sony's coming from (they have an ecosystem of accessories for that port) and doesn't matter what where you fall regarding cables and their effects, fact is people like to buy different digital cables. I think that would hurt them.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #81 of 45,723
  Design of the black/brown looks a bit understated/conservative, while the photo doesn't seem to do the gold colour version much justice.

Think they took the "no hump" criticism to heart - and instead opted for an overall thicker but flush/flat device.

They kept the Walkman port - that's going to be controversial.  Completely understand where Sony's coming from (they have an ecosystem of accessories for that port) and doesn't matter what where you fall regarding cables and their effects, fact is people like to buy different digital cables. I think that would hurt them.

I'm actually glad that they are keeping the walkman port.  This way the unit will work with the BCR-WMH10 docking that I have (highly recommended to anyone by the way).  This dock allows my ZX2, ZX100, and ZX1 to work as a digital transport to my Yggy DAC.   Regarding the walkman digital cable, a few mfgs already offer them.  I, for once, own a silver walkman digital cable along with silver/gold versions.  

I hoper thicker means more powerful. This is what has always been lacking in Sony DAPs.

I hope so too. More estate for a beefier amp section is a welcomed sign that's for sure.  Why such a big screen if it is supposed to be running a Sony Walkman OS and not Andriod?  Here hoping for a dual microSD slots!

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #83 of 45,723
Hoping for an Andriod version too!  It has gotta be given the size of the screen.    More driving power, better sound, dual microSD...that's all I need.

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #84 of 45,723
so there 3 new DAPs.....

Aug 31, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #85 of 45,723
Hoping for an Andriod version too!  It has gotta be given the size of the screen.    More driving power, better sound, dual microSD...that's all I need.

Oh no.

We need android Nougat, with dual boot ios, 1Tb internal flash, and 6 micro SD. Don't forget 384kHz/32b ready with Dolby Atmos headphone and DTS-X hardwired in DSP, and of course MQA.

What I really want is an Xperia phone with a decent output and output level.

Aug 31, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #87 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back