1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. gearofwar
    Now it has multicolor and becomes a brick too interesting.. 

Android button?

2. purk Contributor
    Thanks for the image.  It looks very hefty which is a great sign.  I really hope it retains an Andriod operating system.  

3. Leviticus
    [​IMG]

Are we seeing 2 or 3 different DAPs so far? [​IMG]

(The bulky one doesn't look pocket-friendly to me, though. [​IMG])

4. nanaholic
    Design of the black/brown looks a bit understated/conservative, while the photo doesn't seem to do the gold colour version much justice.

Think they took the "no hump" criticism to heart - and instead opted for an overall thicker but flush/flat device.

They kept the Walkman port - that's going to be controversial.  Completely understand where Sony's coming from (they have an ecosystem of accessories for that port) and doesn't matter what where you fall regarding cables and their effects, fact is people like to buy different digital cables. I think that would hurt them.

5. Mimouille
    I hoper thicker means more powerful. This is what has always been lacking in Sony DAPs.

audionewbi likes this.
  6. purk Contributor
    I'm actually glad that they are keeping the walkman port.  This way the unit will work with the BCR-WMH10 docking that I have (highly recommended to anyone by the way).  This dock allows my ZX2, ZX100, and ZX1 to work as a digital transport to my Yggy DAC.   Regarding the walkman digital cable, a few mfgs already offer them.  I, for once, own a silver walkman digital cable along with silver/gold versions.  

I hope so too. More estate for a beefier amp section is a welcomed sign that's for sure.  Why such a big screen if it is supposed to be running a Sony Walkman OS and not Andriod?  Here hoping for a dual microSD slots!

7. jagwap

I saw that...

Also a black-ish version. Now I'm interested. Never liked the timing on the A&K...

8. purk Contributor
    Hoping for an Andriod version too!  It has gotta be given the size of the screen.    More driving power, better sound, dual microSD...that's all I need.

9. proedros
    so there 3 new DAPs.....

10. jagwap

Oh no.

We need android Nougat, with dual boot ios, 1Tb internal flash, and 6 micro SD. Don't forget 384kHz/32b ready with Dolby Atmos headphone and DTS-X hardwired in DSP, and of course MQA.

What I really want is an Xperia phone with a decent output and output level.

Hyde8767 likes this.
  11. leylandi
    Wowwww
    [​IMG]

Hyde8767 likes this.
  12. purk Contributor

Wow...that's a good looking faceplate. That's a Dac too?

13. goyete
    Someone wants my PHA-3???

14. leylandi
    MDR-Z1R Headphone, NW-WM1Z walkman, TA-ZH1ES AMP!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Zakalwe

Aren't the dark ones the same device, just under different light conditions?

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last