1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Jul 30, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. purk Contributor
    Man...I know right?  I'm hoping for 512GB total storage and native DSD playback and better sound quality as well as $1500 price tag.

2. gerelmx1986

+ microSD slot (or two)

3. ButtUglyJeff
    I'm kinda hoping that the gold is a special edition/limited run ZX2 successor, and there's a regular black one that's also a ZX2 successor, but for the "lunchbox" guys...

...or I'll just finally get a ZX2, you know, after its cool to.

4. gerelmx1986

Totally agree with you mate [​IMG] lets see pricing, if the limied run is too high then i get the supposed other version in the WM1 series and if that one also too high then i get a zx2 for good

5. Cagin
    *begs for 1 more leak pic to soothe the daily itch*

The shape of the new one might also lean to the possibility of having the buttons on the left aside this time around. Or maybe divide the volume and power button on one side and the track control on the other. As a left handed I'm surprised the zx2 , the cowon plenue d and onkyo DP-X1 have all the buttons on the right side, meaning it's easier to use one handed with the left hand instead of the right hand with buttons on the left side.
    Only rationale I'm thinking is because the wide majority of people uses their cell phone in their right hand and pocket leaving only the left hand and pocket available for DAPs?

Sorry for the digression

6. goldendarko
    You guys think it will play TIDAL? That's a make or break point for me, even more so than price.

7. ButtUglyJeff

Only if its Android.  There isn't a single Sony component that supports any streaming services, unless it runs Android...

8. Jalo
    You made some very good points.  As a hobby, uniqueness is important whether in cars, watches or audio or others.  Zx2 may sound good but it is perceived as a mass consumer product. I have the AK 380cu and I enjoyed not only it's sound but also the entire package of appeal.  I hope Sony will come out with something that does not disappoint. I fully understand on these forums many headfiers can care less about things like external appeals as long as it sounds good.  In Asia, however, people young or old are willing to spend incredible amount of money to get the best or one of a kind products. The things that young people in Asia are willing to do to get the latest iphones, Nike shoes, music players etc I cannot even talk about here.  That is why Sony use gold color for obvious reason, clearly they are not concern with the US market or the EU market.  If only this new walkman becomes successful in Asia, they will make more money than the the rest of the market.  We are just tagging along for the ride, so enjoy. 

9. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Not quite, yes the Asian market is huge, but still a significant amount of that population base is poor. I have a feeling that if you added all the North American and European consumers who could afford this device up, it would be a big chunk of the total Asian pie, maybe even equal? That would be interesting to know, but don't kid yourself, western markets are still very significant. You think they don't care about California?

10. BartSimpson1976
    maybe Sony should label it as "organic" or "vegan" or to boost sales in the Western Market?

Hyde8767 likes this.
  11. Sonyvores

I don't think so :grin:, it's better to use conditional if you don't know for sure :wink:

12. Sonic Defender Contributor
    So some of us have a soft spot for living things, nothing wrong with that.

x RELIC x likes this.
  13. nanaholic

No I get your point perfectly - hence my laptop/desktop gaming rig analogy.  You are exactly the same guy that comes up on PC forums when some company releases an ultra expensive gaming laptop and you go "why dude? for the money you could build an even awesomer desktop rig!!!!1111". So what that you can get a better desktop rig for the money? The point is the people which these products are aimed at probably don't WANT a desktop rig to begin with.

Gaming laptops aims for a specific demograph - and so are these flagship audiophile DAPs.  The fact that you can buy a better desktop rig for the same money is not only about priorities, but almost irrelevant.

1731867 and Hyde8767 like this.
  14. Woodlands
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Images courtesy a Russian chat room:

http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=175149&s=68a1626e9c1c026ab4564daef8e80bf2

Hyde8767 and proedros like this.
  15. goldendarko
    Think I saw an android button?

First

Back