SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #7,546 of 45,723
@Dithyrambes I don't note the  Trebble to be grainy at all or edgy, that was actually what i Heard on the ZX100 and the switcht to a warmer player first was odd to me, but now i like the sound, more analogue and natural, the soundstage depends on the record, if your álbum shows a tremendous soundstage then it displays as it was recorded, because now listening to that pagannini and is a chamber work recorded on a smaller hall tan your typisches konzertsaal

Also the bass impact depends on record and more on the Headphones paiting, with my Z7 i get slamming bass with cellos and double bass, organs also Z5 even more than Z7

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #7,547 of 45,723
Dithyrambes I would say just go for a Sony 4.4mm Kimber

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #7,548 of 45,723
Perhaps Dithy must give more time to burn it in, mine started again sounding odd it has 125 Hr still far from the 400 hr predicted by whit, despite that already note a change in opennes of the soundstage

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #7,549 of 45,723
I will keep burning it in...see if it changes. Just the problem is i am comparing it to a ALO CDM with Mullard tubes and its not even close unfortunately. Soundstage is pretty big, but not close to i guess a hybrid tube amp. I know different categories, but I'm working with pure sq. I will say though it is probably the best dap I have heard so far....so hats off to Sony. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #7,550 of 45,723
  I will keep burning it in...see if it changes. Just the problem is i am comparing it to a ALO CDM with Mullard tubes and its not even close unfortunately. Soundstage is pretty big, but not close to i guess a hybrid tube amp. I know different categories, but I'm working with pure sq. I will say though it is probably the best dap I have heard so far....so hats off to Sony. 

Mine sounded right now with a lack of bass, problema solved, switched tips of Z5 from M foam filled to L foam-filled tips and now i get the oproper seal and bass impact i want, is very odd because before the XBA-A3 the sony tips that fitted my canals were the médium (green) ones, now i need to get the L (Blue) ones with foam

some one here has the new triple comfort sony tips and i want to ask him or her where di he/she got them, easier route would be switch to comply foamies

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #7,551 of 45,723
  Yep! Firmware 1.02 installed and volume cap removed/high gain output added. Was really easy! Cheers 

Got mine today, too.  I don't think the order matters much.  I removed the volume cap at 1.0 and then upgraded the firmware.  And agree, it was really easy.

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #7,552 of 45,723
Well its not a matter of fit for me.....because the CDM kicks like a mule with the exact same tips, and I remember the ZX2 having better driver control and impact...anyways....gonna burn it in overnight and listen tomorrow to see if there are changes :). It is really is a great dap....can recommend it as an upgrade to the ZX2(though might differ on taste), the QP1R, and AK320.....but i think purk was correct. Shouldn't expect more than a PHA3 ><.

I also don't think andros sound good on hi gain on SE....it kills the soundstage and air...makes it very dry and dull....YMMV

Wow I should upgrade to 1.02 Lol brb

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #7,553 of 45,723
My 1A arrived a few hours ago from Amazon UK.

Media Go software is really good - I'm terrible with computers yet I've managed to do everything I've wanted to with it. It found all my old iTunes ALAC files I'd forgotten about from 6 years ago which was a nice surprise. I assume ALAC is a suitable codec to use, it's like FLAC isn't it?

Not worried about burn in either, just enjoying the music! It sounds great, even with my modest B&O H5. Can't wait to try my LCD3.

So far I haven't figured out the need for MediaGo.  I'm able to drag folders from my server on both my Windows and Mac computers.  If I'm able to do that, is there any reason to use MediaGo?

Jan 16, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #7,554 of 45,723
So far I haven't figured out the need for MediaGo.  I'm able to drag folders from my server on both my Windows and Mac computers.  If I'm able to do that, is there any reason to use MediaGo?

I use it to keep my music well organized (Tagged) more tan other thing

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #7,557 of 45,723
@Gerelmx, how can you listen on SE at 46?  With Yo Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott's Paris La Belle Epoque, I am at 100 on high gain on Balance with my Vega.  If you can listen through your 300 classical CDs, my hats off to you, you must be a very patience person.  There are so many passages in classical music I have to skip before I jump out of my skin.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #7,558 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back