SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #45,556 of 45,723
I can confirm windows deffender is in fact a virus released by microsoft wich will false detect all kinds of files even good ones as viruses and more over if you let it will delete usefull file sfrom your computer and will not let you recover them so beware of windows so called deffender its in fact a very dangerous program...

I’ve been using defender for many years on all computers in my family and the only issues I’ve ever had (that I’m aware of) are with some of these custom fw and fw tunings being detected as false positives

Sep 23, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #45,557 of 45,723
I’ve been using defender for many years on all computers in my family and the only issues I’ve ever had (that I’m aware of) are with some of these custom fw and fw tunings being detected as false positives
Agree, me too, havent had any issue with Win defenser

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #45,558 of 45,723
then you dont use your computer as much as me! nor handle a large amount of sensible programing files... and it makes me very happy that you have never encounter such issues but thats not my case!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #45,559 of 45,723
Agree, me too, havent had any issue with Win defenser
again it happens when you use sensible files that dont count with enough certificates or had ben modified it just detecthem as false positives it has happened me with windows skins, some freeware, games and office programs. several times and over several windows includin 8, 8.1 and 10... and im not the only uiser on the plannet having this issues if you use your computer only to see Jpeg files listen to music and brose the web you may never have problems but thats not correct for most users that expand the use of a computer to other levels.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #45,560 of 45,723
again it happens when you use sensible files that dont count with enough certificates or had ben modified it just detecthem as false positives it has happened me with windows skins, some freeware, games and office programs. several times and over several windows includin 8, 8.1 and 10... and im not the only uiser on the plannet having this issues if you use your computer only to see Jpeg files listen to music and brose the web you may never have problems but thats not correct for most users that expand the use of a computer to other levels.

Your experience is probably unique as Gartner seems to point to Microsoft as providing the best protection...

https://www.gartner.com/

gartner.png

Sep 23, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #45,561 of 45,723
I am new here, I need bit of help here with my 1Z that got delivered today, I get audio out out of 3.5 mm only for mp3 songs. I have 16 bit and 24 bit FLAC, WAW and AIFF songs, which are not playing thru 3.5mm. I don't have the cable yet to test the 4.4 balanced so I am depending on 3.5 for now.

I should get audio out of 3.5mm except DSD per my knowledge. Is there any setting I missed? I have updated to the latest firmware 3.2 FYI...

Thank you
Are you sure that all your files are in the MUSIC folder?

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #45,562 of 45,723
then you dont use your computer as much as me! nor handle a large amount of sensible programing files... and it makes me very happy that you have never encounter such issues but thats not my case!

I'm a software developer of CRM database systems for large companies in Denmark and my computer runs 24/7 all year and I actively use it 10-12 hours daily

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #45,563 of 45,723
Are you sure that all your files are in the MUSIC folder?

He can see and play the files but only mp3 files produce sound from the 3.5 output

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #45,564 of 45,723
He can see and play the files but only mp3 files produce sound from the 3.5 output
Coreupted files perhaps have had this issue and saw actually the player skipping 5 files all 24/96 flac.

I did check the album files for corruption and yeah, dbPoweramo said it all FLAC STREAM ERROR files ie corrupt CRC32 Mismatch.

Chckd the hard drive, also corrupted, checked my 2nd HDD all fine there, so copied entire album to walkman and problematic HDD

Sep 23, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #45,566 of 45,723
Coreupted files perhaps have had this issue and saw actually the player skipping 5 files all 24/96 flac.

I did check the album files for corruption and yeah, dbPoweramo said it all FLAC STREAM ERROR files ie corrupt CRC32 Mismatch.

Chckd the hard drive, also corrupted, checked my 2nd HDD all fine there, so copied entire album to walkman and problematic HDD

I think he would have said that he receives an error if this was the case. Otherwise, he just said that there is no sound being output.

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #45,567 of 45,723
I think he would have said that he receives an error if this was the case. Otherwise, he just said that there is no sound being output.
Yes I actually got error and skipped to next files. It said something like format not supported or cannot.play.

PS with chameleon v 2 I am hearing at 57/120 vs wm1A/z+ v 1.0 at 65/120 IER-Z1R with xelastec tips

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #45,568 of 45,723
I'm a software developer of CRM database systems for large companies in Denmark and my computer runs 24/7 all year and I actively use it 10-12 hours daily

Exactly, some have more use than others, equally one should never assume that others don't push hardware and systems to higher levels. On an engineering project my systems are heavily utilised by multiple applications. What trips up MS defender and some others is modified files for several reasons, and of course legitimate malware which the vast majority of professional users avoid by default...

Q-6

Sep 23, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #45,569 of 45,723
Your experience is probably unique as Gartner seems to point to Microsoft as providing the best protection...

https://www.gartner.com/

gartner.png
That's last year's MQ and is a rating for commercially available add-on products.

I work in cybersecurity and what you need to know is that Gartner is ranking products based on features and capabilities that are important to enterprises. So it's more than how does it do protecting against viruses and malware. The much better judge of a solution like endpoint protection is how does it protect when measured against things like the MITRE ATT&CK framework. Microsoft Defender ATP which is only available to enterprises (and what was used for this ranking), is different and contains a lot more capabilities than Windows 10 Defender. I think in our internal testing Defender ATP came in second or third and the other two vendors in our top three are in Gartner's lower left and lower right quadrants. Also, one of the vendors in the top right quadrant was ranked at the bottom when we tested it. So I wouldn't take everything Gartner says as canon.

When it comes to personal computing protection there are much better solutions than Windows Defender. I couldn't tell you as I don't do Windows :stuck_out_tongue:. I'm a macOS and Linux guy.

Sep 23, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #45,570 of 45,723
Your spreading life-changing perfection. Cheers!
I second this. It's why I said I still use the CFW. It's been a wonderful change. So hope we all love the change MrWalkman has done for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back