SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #44,132 of 45,723
Dude! Just woke up to this, can’t believe it, it felt like Christmas hahahahaha, thanks @MrWalkman ! You did it again my friend! Damn man! Will check it out right awa, though first coffee

It's gonna be done for the A40 mod as well, and maybe for the A40 stock firmware too (though I don't see who would wanna use the stock firmware anymore :sweat_smile: )

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #44,133 of 45,723
Yes, it could be done, like with a separate smaller installer.

I personally don't see why someone would want to reverse the change, as the image will only show up when the battery is empty.
Just a personal preference. I'll continue to use your past FM's til your next update makes it a separate installer. Thank you for being a blessing to the community.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #44,134 of 45,723
It's gonna be done for the A40 mod as well, and maybe for the A40 stock firmware too (though I don't see who would wanna use the stock firmware anymore :sweat_smile: )
My friend, thank you so much for the contributions, I’ll be looking forward to it, I’m eager to check the zx300++

Again, thank you very much for your amazing contributions

Currently listening to Motorpsycho on the zx300 while the coffee machine warms up and downloading the firmwares, happy trails bro!

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #44,135 of 45,723
Just a personal preference. I'll continue to use your past FM's til your next update makes it a separate installer. Thank you for being a blessing to the community.

There will not be a separate installer for the latest firmware. Too much work to do.

There will be just a small installer which can revert the change done to the battery thing.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #44,136 of 45,723
The update is here.

Changes:

- the player will now load progressive JPEG and interlaced PNG album covers
All album covers should now show up fine. No more conversions of progressive JPEGs to
baseline JPEGs, or of interlaced PNGs to non interlaced PNGs.
Thanks to @Vrilly for the tip!

- no more just waiting for the player to turn on with nothing on the screen, when the battery is empty
When trying to turn on the player while the battery is empty, we'll now see a battery empty
image instead of nothing. Also, when charging the player while the battery is empty, we'll now
see a charging battery image instead of nothing. Once there will be enough battery, the player
will start up automatically, like before.
This change is not reversible by installing the stock firmware!

Link to firmware in the main post: CLICK

I will also modify normal stock firmwares to have the ability to show all images like the mods, and they will be released later today or tomorrow.

Perfect !!! I don't know how many hours I have spent to convert progressive jpegs for the WM1A !!!
I still had a few albums to convert pictures... they are looking fine now in the album list without conversion.

But !!!!!! ..... where is your beer link? ...

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:20 AM Post #44,137 of 45,723
Cheers!

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #44,138 of 45,723
Perfect !!! I don't know how many hours I have spent to convert progressive jpegs for the WM1A !!!
I still had a few albums to convert pictures... they are looking fine now in the album list without conversion.

I didn't even start converting covers, too much work to do :ksc75smile:

Well, signatures are not visible on smartphone browsers :)

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #44,139 of 45,723
I didn't even start converting covers, too much work to do :ksc75smile:

I am doing this every time it needs it => I will save a lot of time

Well, signatures are not visible on smartphone browsers :)

Oups !!! It was my mistake, I have modified my parameters a few days ago !!!

So, good job, have some nice beers !!!!

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #44,140 of 45,723
15990541763003132615800788258308.jpg

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #44,141 of 45,723
The namings are different though.

There are two parts, NW and DMP, and then WM1A/WM1Z (not just 1A or 1Z) and Z1. Also, WM1 is from WM1 Series, similar to A30 Series, A40 Series, A50 Series...

So I would say it's not a thing of Z first and then 1 or vice versa, as the 1 in 1Z is from "WM1 Series" - something like NW-WM1-A and NW-WM1-Z.

I'm not sure what NW stands for, but DMP stands for Digital Media Player.
When Sony introduces NW series walkwan, they named it as Network Walkman. There is ‘Network Walkman’ product category under the download section, though Sony no longer using this.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #44,142 of 45,723

I converted 761 images in 10154 files in about 40 minutes total. 13 minutes to strip images from all the files. 13 minutes to overwrite folder.jpg with a new file made from my higher resolution cover.png. Another 13 minutes to embed the new folder.jpg into the 10154 flac files. I used dbpoweramp batch converter. It pays to have a higher resolution image PNG that is more than you would ever want for an image. For me it is a 2500 x 2500 file and I make my jpegs 1000 x 1000.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #44,143 of 45,723
Sep 2, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #44,144 of 45,723
I converted 761 images in 10154 files in about 40 minutes total. 13 minutes to strip images from all the files. 13 minutes to overwrite folder.jpg with a new file made from my higher resolution cover.png. Another 13 minutes to embed the new folder.jpg into the 10154 flac files. I used dbpoweramp batch converter. It pays to have a higher resolution image PNG that is more than you would ever want for an image. For me it is a 2500 x 2500 file and I make my jpegs 1000 x 1000.

Basically these last 2 years, after a first initial batch 2 years ago, I am converting album by album the pictures, so I should control every time with a new album what kind of jpg I will use, than convert, only when necessary I convert and then update the different DAPs SD cards and at last update my central Upnp NAS...
More than annoying to do this every time I need it.

Sep 2, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #44,145 of 45,723
Basically these last 2 years, after a first initial batch 2 years ago, I am converting album by album the pictures, so I should control every time with a new album what kind of jpg I will use, than convert, only when necessary I convert and then update the different DAPs SD cards and at last update my central Upnp NAS...
More than annoying to do this every time I need it.

I did that recently by scanning all my art and making the PNG and JPG files then embedding the JPG. At the time, I did not know my software was saving JPGs as progressive. I spent a month doing that. But it paid off in that I can quickly change resolutions by making a new set of JPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back