SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #43,771 of 45,723
Could it be that your TRRS plug is acting as antenna and sucking all the RF/EMI grounding noise into the cables/iem.

I guess so, maybe it is acting like an antenna, any links for minimizing antenna effects while making a cable? @Whitigir I had an impression reading things here and there that you are good with such things, a link to page or forum thread will be highly appreciated.

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #43,772 of 45,723
Same here, to me Coke is much much better.
15985415428258042572597829923968.jpg

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #43,774 of 45,723
I guess so, maybe it is acting like an antenna, any links for minimizing antenna effects while making a cable? @Whitigir I had an impression reading things here and there that you are good with such things, a link to page or forum thread will be highly appreciated.
Unfortunately, I don’t work on those cables you have, so my researches are not about them. There could be a couple things you can try out.
If you think it is acting as an antenna, then have it lay next to a cellphone while observing to see if the hisses increased. Then you can go from there

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #43,775 of 45,723
Like with everything, with time your palate kind of creates a resistance and it starts to develope, myself I’m a mezcal and whisky drinker, I’ve had my alcoholic era, nowadays my wife and I are collectors of off the road mezcals, each one of em are luxurious and complex and to get them you have to get into the country side of Mexico, they are not expensive (since we go into the palenques and actually talk to the producers) the sad thing is when they get the attention of profiting companies and they are bought, what you buy for 300 pesos a liter with the family, you end up paying 200 usd for a fancy bottle and government permission, the trips are worth it and the flavors are like music, complex and joyful. In my job line I relate everything to music, having a proper taste of something can be compared to listening to music and get lost in its passages and complexity

Thats awesome I am not saying I am against alcohol I do drink but never alone haha, you will never see me in front of the tv with a pack of beer or with a box of 24 budwiser cause its friday! LoL

I drink socially and I have a friend who loves talking about wines as hes hobbie is to try good picks of wines that he discovered. I am no expert in this so dont remember the names.
He gave me a few to try and yea they are like music!
With so many flavors weights and tastes I actually liked it! But not all wines and liquor are to my alley, majority is too strong or dry to taste...

I am a soft Tiger haha a delicate cat with very sensitive senses 😁🙃🙂

Aug 27, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #43,776 of 45,723
Sold my WM1A earlier in the year. Kinda missing that sound.
Everyone i know who sold their wm1a regretted the decision not long after.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #43,777 of 45,723
I actually never knew about firmware 3.02 until sometime in April when i joined this thread. I was on 2.00 until the longest time and was never quite satisfied with the sound.
With 3.02 and the subsequent firmwares by @MrWalkman, i can't imagine parting ways with WM1A anytime soon.

Aug 27, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #43,778 of 45,723
For anyone who cares, I posted in the A30 thread asking for potential people who own the device to help me test a potential mod, similar to the A40 one.

Modding A30 without owning the device is actually possible in this case due to the very similar hardware that A40 (that I actually own) and A30 both have. This means I can test things on the A40, and then just make the firmware installable on the A30.

This was done without anyone having to donate anything, as this is not how this modding thing works for me.

Again, DMP-Z1 is a lot more different and it makes no sense risking to brick it without even having no idea if I can unbrick it. Also, TA-ZH1ES is even more different than the Z1 itself, and than the other Walkman players.

So, as I always said, it would be really nice to inform yourself about a subject before sharing your opinion about it. Otherwise, you just risk making a fool of yourself.

Thank you for your attention. :)

Hello, is anyone willing to test a future mod for the A30 Series player? The mod aims to be similar to the A40 Series mod (there is a link for it in my signature).

I don't actually own the device, but A30 Series is very similar to A40 Series, and I would only need a confirmation that everything works fine (especially the touchscreen and that there is sound being played back).

If yes, PM me please.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #43,780 of 45,723
@Nayparm modded WM1A, @MrWalkman ++ firmware, IER-Z1R with PW Audio 1960s cable

Sounds amazing, Bluetooth has incredible range and the battery lasts about 40 hours non stop.

tempted to sell my WM1Z now... or should I send that one to @Nayparm too??? :darthsmile:
My vote is to send it in :wink:. Hardware and firmware both modified are exquisite devices, not easy to come by

Aug 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #43,782 of 45,723
I hear you but I could also sell the WM1Z and be happy with the modded WM1A!
Or sell a modded 1A and get a modded 1Z :wink: lol!!!
anyways, a modded 1A is more valuable than 1Z. Unless you are in for exquisite chassis. The 1Z used to be pretty unique in the internal ID coding, but mod firmware unleashed it

It isn’t like the exquisite chassis doesn’t contribute to the performances, it does, but you would have to trade off for the weight that you can hardly carry around

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #43,783 of 45,723
@Nayparm modded WM1A, @MrWalkman ++ firmware, IER-Z1R with PW Audio 1960s cable

Sounds amazing, Bluetooth has incredible range and the battery lasts about 40 hours non stop.

tempted to sell my WM1Z now... or should I send that one to @Nayparm too??? :darthsmile:

I’ll be sending my 1Z to him for the full mod when I get to UK next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back