SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #42,736 of 45,723
The correctness of the word is irrelevant. It’s the impression that people get when they hear it. So if they feel it’s derogatory then it’s not a good word to use. So people just simply say Chinese Made.

I had no idea people saw the word that way?

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #42,738 of 45,723
No, not yet.

Any chance that in the future we can change the destination region from the walkman’s menu? (Similar to changing the model type from the reset menu)

Aug 8, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #42,739 of 45,723
I had to see what stuff are you coming up with now.

(because you don’t need the device)

You also don't need the device to replace a file in an archive, a job far easier than modding a firmware. Really selfless of you, isn't it?

However, it seems that guarding your own findings for beers are better than just selflessly sharing to benefit the community

Yeah, try and make all this about the donations now. This smells like envy to me. Everyone is free to donate or not, this is why it's called a donation. At least I'm not considering selling modded firmware, like that idea of selling tuning mods which you and your friend had. If sharing these firmwares after working sleepless nights on them is not selfless sharing, than you have a whole wrong definition of what "selfless sharing" means.

Modding a firmware involves numerous brickings of the device while testing stuff. This is a second reason why I won't do anything for DMP-Z1 for example, if I don't own the device. I could risk bricking a $8000 device, and there is probably no simple way of getting it to work again - I wouldn't know that, as I don't own that device. So please, don't compare this to replacing a file in an archive, come on. Man, it's replacing a file in an archive, are you serious?

Also, I'm still not sure how ok it would be in the eyes of Sony to have anyone freely able to look into the workings of their firmwares, and eventually start talking about how some stuff works.

But seeing your attitudes, baiting and trolling behaviors

Again, you have a funny way of thinking, if you think calling out false claims is "baiting" or "trolling".

I hope I will not be seeing people who I ignored to change screen name and start out fresh.

Yeah, you're only friends with people who are blindly trusting what you're claiming, and who are serving your interests. Got it.

Edited: not worth it

Right. Ignore effective from now.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #42,740 of 45,723
Any chance that in the future we can change the destination region from the walkman’s menu? (Similar to changing the model type from the reset menu)

I have a pretty good idea how the menus are made, but I was not able to modify them yet. Once I'll be able to do that, we can also change destinations from the menu, yes, exactly like how we're changing the model at the moment.

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #42,741 of 45,723
I had to see what stuff are you coming up with now.

You also don't need the device to replace a file in an archive, a job far easier than modding a firmware. Really selfless of you, isn't it?

Yeah, try and make all this about the donations now. This smells like envy to me. Everyone is free to donate or not, this is why it's called a donation. At least I'm not considering selling modded firmware, like that idea of selling tuning mods which you and your friend had. If sharing these firmwares after working sleepless nights on them is not selfless sharing, than you have a whole wrong definition of what "selfless sharing" means.

Modding a firmware involves numerous brickings of the device while testing stuff. This is a second reason why I won't do anything for DMP-Z1 for example, if I don't own the device. I could risk bricking a $8000 device, and there is probably no simple way of getting it to work again - I wouldn't know that, as I don't own that device. So please, don't compare this to replacing a file in an archive, come on. Man, it's replacing a file in an archive, are you serious?

Also, I'm still not sure how ok it would be in the eyes of Sony to have anyone freely able to look into the workings of their firmwares, and eventually start talking about how some stuff works.

Again, you have a funny way of thinking, if you think calling out false claims is "baiting" or "trolling".

Yeah, you're only friends with people who are blindly trusting what you're claiming, and who are serving your interests. Got it.

Right. Ignore effective from now.

The truth I can see is everyone can edit that XML code stuff, but only one able to modding a UPG firmware. hehe

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #42,742 of 45,723
What I meant is this:

If I need a new wireless router for my home. I have two choice of models which cost roughly the same and perform the same.

A. Designed in Taiwan, Made in Taiwan
B. Designed in China, Made in China

I would pick the A because I don't wish to support oppressive genocidal authoritarian regimes in year 2020.

And I am Chinese, so I can't be racist to my own race can I?
Absolutely! You speak my voice as well.
I am Hongkongers.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #42,743 of 45,723
Wait till you experience some high end Aussie-Fi Koala speakers

84023-01_1280x1280.jpg

84023-02_1280x1280.jpg

Aug 8, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #42,748 of 45,723
What I meant is this:

If I need a new wireless router for my home. I have two choice of models which cost roughly the same and perform the same.

A. Designed in Taiwan, Made in Taiwan
B. Designed in China, Made in China

I would pick the A because I don't wish to support oppressive genocidal authoritarian regimes in year 2020.

And I am Chinese, so I can't be racist to my own race can I?
Absolutely! You speak my voice as well.
I am Hongkongers.

A famous ancient poem to all our Chinese folks here:
兩岸猿聲啼不住,輕舟已過萬重山。
This is my farewell to this threads. With all the chifi debates and political claims it becomes utterly boring for me

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #42,750 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back